Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, LadyLoki said:

I'm not sure if this was asked before, or is just ridiculous to begin with, but is there any rule about posting trades in the trading hub on DC and on the forums? Or is it completely fine to post to both? I'm just curious.

Absolutely fine to post both, given that they're entirely separate sites and may even have separate audiences.

2 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Absolutely fine to post both, given that they're entirely separate sites and may even have separate audiences.

Okay, thank you! I just wanted to make sure since there's two different trade links (regular and public) when teleporting. :lol: Anyway thanks again~

I saw a CB christmas with a tempting code in trading hub but I am at the 2 per scroll limit already, so I'm considering releasing one of my christmas in order to offer / get that CB, would this work? 

Does anyone know if there's a scroll checking tool that will check for dragons that don't have any children?

If I have a Solstice with 4d20h left right now will it hatch blue, yes?

I've found the Wiki entry and the info with the breeding windows but I am confused, sorry ☹️

5 minutes ago, Zimtie said:

I've found the Wiki entry and the info with the breeding windows but I am confused, sorry ☹️

That means it had 4 days, 24 hours (or 5 days) left 4 hours ago. If you count back 4 hours from now, that puts it in the 6pm to 6am time frame, which will hatch rosy.

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

That means it had 4 days, 24 hours (or 5 days) left 4 hours ago. If you count back 4 hours from now, that puts it in the 6pm to 6am time frame, which will hatch rosy.

Thank you so much!

5 hours ago, Zimtie said:

Supposedly, solstice eggs will sort according to what they grow up as, like pargulus eggs and nebula s1s.

19 hours ago, helix9 said:

Does anyone know if there's a scroll checking tool that will check for dragons that don't have any children?

As far as I personally know (and I could be wrong) there is no such scroll checking tool that does that. At least I've never seen/heard of one, but I don't use every DC fansite.

You can check this thread and see if any of the active fansites have what you are looking for listed as something they offer though:

Is it intentional that solstice encyclopedia only has one form (rosy wing)? I went to check if there's difference between s2 sprite of rosy/plain wing for freezing purpose and was surprised to see that the plain wing was not even part of the encyclopedia.

3 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Is it intentional that solstice encyclopedia only has one form (rosy wing)? I went to check if there's difference between s2 sprite of rosy/plain wing for freezing purpose and was surprised to see that the plain wing was not even part of the encyclopedia.

Yes its intentional (given its been suggested as an addition multiple times) and yes there's a difference in the wings.

So right now the AP has eggs with 4d7h, with a couple having 8h popping in. When would an egg with 4d10h (right now) pop up in the AP? I'm hoping to try and catch one of my autoabandoned eggs to have a sibling but I'm not entirely sure when it's siblings will begin to show up, and if I'll be scroll-locked still or not...

1 minute ago, LadyLoki said:

So right now the AP has eggs with 4d7h, with a couple having 8h popping in. When would an egg with 4d10h (right now) pop up in the AP? I'm hoping to try and catch one of my autoabandoned eggs to have a sibling but I'm not entirely sure when it's siblings will begin to show up, and if I'll be scroll-locked still or not...

That's a real hard question to answer because it depends on how many eggs were bred between the ones that are in there now and the ones you are waiting for.

You will not be able to grab your own egg from the AP, though, unless someone else has picked it up and abandoned it again.

46 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

That's a real hard question to answer because it depends on how many eggs were bred between the ones that are in there now and the ones you are waiting for.

You will not be able to grab your own egg from the AP, though, unless someone else has picked it up and abandoned it again.

Oh, really? I did not know that I wouldn't be able to grab my own egg up unless someone else has first and abandoned it again.. Poo. :dry: Okay, well thank you for responding so quickly!

I guess I'll just keep an eye on the times and keep my fingers crossed I can time it right+someone else grabs them but tosses them back. And also I'm not scroll locked, hah... ^^;
The saying from the Hunger Games "May the odds be ever in your favor" come to mind for me right now, LOL! :lol:

Edited by LadyLoki
cant spell lol

7 minutes ago, LadyLoki said:

I guess I'll just keep an eye on the times and keep my fingers crossed I can time it right+someone else grabs them but tosses them back. And also I'm not scroll locked, hah... ^^;
The saying from the Hunger Games "My the odds be ever in your favor" come to mind for me right now, LOL!

Good luck! :) With so many eggs to choose from a lot of eggs are being looked at and tossed back. I know I have tossed back a lot of eggs with really nice lineages because they weren't just what I was looking for -- except for the ones I didn't know I was looking for but once I saw them I knew I couldn't throw them back! XD

30 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Good luck! :) With so many eggs to choose from a lot of eggs are being looked at and tossed back. I know I have tossed back a lot of eggs with really nice lineages because they weren't just what I was looking for -- except for the ones I didn't know I was looking for but once I saw them I knew I couldn't throw them back! XD

Haha thanks! :lol:

so i have a Holly hatchie that i want to freeze. it's got 2558 views and 719 UVs, and 5d 11h left.  i'm wondering if it might gender tonight? (as in, before getting to 4d 23h left)

Did my wintertides just migrate higher up in the stack of hatchlings? I swear they were closer to the bottom before.

edit: nevermind it's ok now? maybe I just had it sorted non-default?

Edited by Toyo

Can someone send me a link to the trading hub rules please? I seem to have broken one without knowing and got public trading blocked until tomorrow. Ive been looking but I cant seem to find them. 

Maybe when its the first offense a warning with all the rules would be useful. Also adding link in the trading page with all the rules. Maybe its somewhere in the pages but I cant seem to find them.

40 minutes ago, Elery. said:

Can someone send me a link to the trading hub rules please? I seem to have broken one without knowing and got public trading blocked until tomorrow. Ive been looking but I cant seem to find them. 

Maybe when its the first offense a warning with all the rules would be useful. Also adding link in the trading page with all the rules. Maybe its somewhere in the pages but I cant seem to find them.

There is no easy link for them without lots of digging :/ . Basically don't ask for a specific egg by code, don't link, don't seem to be directing it at a specific person. Don't actually say the naughty code if you have/are looking for one. I'm sure there's more but there's no good Collection of the rules so I can't  remember them all.

This is entirely trial by fire by the userbase and YES i'm still salty about it.

14 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

There is no easy link for them without lots of digging 😕 . Basically don't ask for a specific egg by code, don't link, don't seem to be directing it at a specific person. Don't actually say the naughty code if you have/are looking for one. I'm sure there's more but there's no good Collection of the rules so I can't  remember them all.

This is entirely trial by fire by the userbase and YES i'm still salty about it.

Well that kinda sucks 😅 Had I known I wouldnt have done it (I mentioned someone).

33 minutes ago, Elery. said:

Well that kinda sucks 😅 Had I known I wouldnt have done it (I mentioned someone).

To my mind there should be a list of rules. But the message right above the entry box for your wants does say: If creating a public trade, your message should be applicable to many people using the trading hub, not just a specific person.