Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

32 minutes ago, LostFate said:

Does anyone got todays game working? I could open the door to see random decorations but there seems to be no link, I cannot enter. The other games work fine.

Do you mean the third door? It just unlocks a random decoration set (like sprinkles for the cookies or decorations for the wreaths, something you didn't unlock with candies) and gives you 500 candy. That one isn't a game. :)

On 12/26/2020 at 9:58 AM, Syiren said:

just curious. Will my old wreath be erased if I play the new wreath game? If so I'll have to miss out because I love the one I made last year.

A new wreath shouldn't replace your old one if you don't "save" it. 

It may be a moot point, though. I was going to keep my old wreath on an open tap and redecorate on a different tab, but I couldn't do so. I couldn't add decorations, I couldn't replace decorations and after clearing the wreath I couldn't put anything on it.

Don't panic; whatever it was you did, you didn't save it and your lovely one in gold is still up there. I am not touching mine !

Yes. Maybe I didn't explain myself well. My gold one is fine, but I was unable to redecorate or recreate. I couldn't even put one item on.

OH. Well, at least you didn't wreck it ! Didn't we have this issue last year with the trees, and TJ actually came in and said something; I forget what.... bu it boiled down to if you change it and save, it does change...

I'd love a spare to play with !

Yeah. I wasn't going to save it unless I liked the new one better, but the question didn't come up since I couldn't do anything, anyway.

Is anyone else getting 'page not found' errors, specifically when picking up eggs? I've gotten it multiple times in the past few hours while hunting the AP. I'm unsure if it's just me, my mouse has been double-clicking randomly lately and I'm wondering if accidentally opening multiple of the same page at once is making the site do something weird? Has anyone else been having 'page not found' errors?

22 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Is anyone else getting 'page not found' errors, specifically when picking up eggs? I've gotten it multiple times in the past few hours while hunting the AP. I'm unsure if it's just me, my mouse has been double-clicking randomly lately and I'm wondering if accidentally opening multiple of the same page at once is making the site do something weird? Has anyone else been having 'page not found' errors?

I've been having errors in the game, especially when sending cookies. It's usually the "page not found" but it sometimes suggests that I look at the ad on the page as an alternative something to do.

Now, being specifically  directed to look at ads is really annoying.

15 hours ago, dragongrrl said:

I've been having errors in the game, especially when sending cookies. It's usually the "page not found" but it sometimes suggests that I look at the ad on the page as an alternative something to do.

Now, being specifically  directed to look at ads is really annoying.

It's not directing you to look at ads; there's supposed to be actual page suggestions based on the URL . e.g. if you accidentally went to dragcave.net/draons, it might suggest dragcave.net/dragons.

1 hour ago, TJ09 said:

It's not directing you to look at ads; there's supposed to be actual page suggestions based on the URL . e.g. if you accidentally went to dragcave.net/draons, it might suggest dragcave.net/dragons.

I haven't seen those suggestions in a long time. I know it used to do that, but it's been a long time. It's literally just this, on every 'page not found' I've seen lately:

image.png.b508878baf4cbf6ecd4fb7309ec66d14.png

271 (though I'm not sure if that's including the new holiday dragon or not, since it's not yet in the encyclopedia)

I stumbled upon a dragon and it has its owner linked in its page. I clicked the owner link and it said the scroll is charred and impossible to read.

I thought all dragons from charred scroll would have their names removed and tossed into the wild? 

5 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

I stumbled upon a dragon and it has its owner linked in its page. I clicked the owner link and it said the scroll is charred and impossible to read.

I thought all dragons from charred scroll would have their names removed and tossed into the wild? 

Not anymore they don't  There is one silver tinsel CB listed with owners name and it goes back years.

That particular case goes back almost 10 years now I think, assuming it's the 2011 female. There's a different Silver Tinsel (2014 male) I also remember that's on a burned scroll with another CB Prize but the dragons were weirdly tombstoned during the burning whereas most keep their sprite afterwards. Both of them still exist on charred scrolls with their owners name shown, I can't remember when that behavior changed but it's been a long time it seems. They keep their own names too if named at the time of burning - I own a dragon produced by a named pair on a burnt scroll and they still have their names. Looks like everything is preserved except for sprites in some cases.

If memory serves, it was changed due to an uproar over a large chunk of the dorkface lineage on many scrolls being lost due to a scroll burning that included an early ancestor. (I actually have one of the dorkface dragons that no longer links back to Midas and Shallinar.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/OWjF 

The single deceased dragon here was from that scroll.

Edited by DragonLady86

On 12/11/2020 at 5:11 PM, InvaderAlexis said:

i have a question though... can someone please explain the mechanics of sunrise/sunset dragons to me? i'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it... :wacko:

OK, so I know that Sunrise will only hatch between 6am and noon, and sunset between 6pm and midnight.

BUT why is every egg I am getting sunrise, no matter what time of day?  I did have one I got that was sunset, but the hatchling died.  I never noticed until then that the breed shows on the egg when first picked up, but I had picked that up in the morning.  

I am so confused, now.  Is it just coincidence that they all say "sunrise", even though half got picked up last night?

33 minutes ago, daba555 said:

I am so confused, now.  Is it just coincidence that they all say "sunrise", even though half got picked up last night?

Since the breed depends on time of hatching, the site cannot know what the egg will end up being, so by default, all of them are "Sunrise" eggs, even though you can hatch them into Sunsets.

7 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Since the breed depends on time of hatching, the site cannot know what the egg will end up being, so by default, all of them are "Sunrise" eggs, even though you can hatch them into Sunsets.

OK, so the hatchling that died said "sunset."  But I have had issues where they ended up with 6,000 views because they wouldn't hatch.  I didn't think I had a choice of when they would hatch!

That one was caught in the morning, before 12, and at 11:45 had a big hole, and then I hid it.  The next morning, I unhid it, and I thought it would hatch, but I neglected to pay attention, and then when it died it said "sunset".  I feel like it should have hatched as a sunrise.  And if it had, it wouldn't have been getting ER views, which is what I think happened to it.

Am I completely off-base with my logic?

41 minutes ago, daba555 said:

OK, so the hatchling that died said "sunset."  But I have had issues where they ended up with 6,000 views because they wouldn't hatch.  I didn't think I had a choice of when they would hatch!

That one was caught in the morning, before 12, and at 11:45 had a big hole, and then I hid it.  The next morning, I unhid it, and I thought it would hatch, but I neglected to pay attention, and then when it died it said "sunset".  I feel like it should have hatched as a sunrise.  And if it had, it wouldn't have been getting ER views, which is what I think happened to it.

are you talking cave time or not cave time? 

1 hour ago, daba555 said:

Do you know what time the 'sunset' actually hatched? When you caught it doesn't matter, it's a sunset or sunrise based on when it hatches. The reason they often end up with tons of views without hatching is because they reach ER-time and/or are put in ERs during the times which they aren't able to hatch, so they are gaining views at an ER-rate but unable to hatch.

If your dead hatchling hatched at a time outside of 6am-noon and 6pm-midnight, that would be a glitch. They aren't supposed to be able to hatch outside of those time windows. But you would need to know exactly when it actually hatched.

edit: Also remember these times are DragonCave-time, which may be different than your time zone! That's always something to keep in mind.

Edited by HeatherMarie

@daba555 For Sun* hatching times, check this: https://dragcave.net/help/time

It would say "The sun is rising" or "The sun is setting" when these eggs can hatch, and if it says neither of them, these eggs cannot hatch and often accumulate loads of views in ERs without being able to hatch.

What you HAVE to do to get what you want is get enough views, and then fog the egg until the hatching window you need. And remember it isn't ALL night or ALL day; it's ONLY between 6 and 12, CAVE TIME. You can tell night and day by the image at the top of your scroll - look; it's night !

image.png.a8ff1895a32b9b6087df338570b006c1.png

- but that's not enough. And during the rest of the time it will just rack up views and get sick.