Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Its been how many for as long as I recall but I'm not sure about highlighted public those might be new

33 minutes ago, SpeckSilver said:

Wonder what is considered a "large number" of groups

At least one user has over 200. Think they have one for every breed plus various projects. 

2 hours ago, SpeckSilver said:

For some reason my browser settings are over riding site settings so the background images aren't showing

so, all the site backgrounds are hidden

I was having that problem on my laptop the last few days. I just restarted it this evening and everything is back to normal now. Have you tried restarting?

Is there a way to get my name changed on the forums and the scrolls to a name of a super inactive account? I doubt it but just wondering now.

5 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

At least one user has over 200. Think they have one for every breed plus various projects. 

I have one for every breed I have, for CBs, for projects... I didn't know it was an uncommon quantity of groups. 😆 I haven't noticed issues with them loading but I have a newer computer. 

1 hour ago, XiziX said:

Is there a way to get my name changed on the forums and the scrolls to a name of a super inactive account? I doubt it but just wondering now.

You can change your forum name once every 90 days, I'm confused on the second part but you can't change scroll name unfortunately.

What is going on with Change order/grid custom sort? Almost every second time my CPU goes crazy when I go there and I am unable to even grab a dragon to move. I have to close down the site and try again. Has something been changed there technically or so?

2 hours ago, Tinibree said:

You can change your forum name once every 90 days, I'm confused on the second part but you can't change scroll name unfortunately.

Well the name I want is taken by a long dead account that clearly hasn't seen activity in years. Which is why I was wondering if an admin could clarify if we could have the names changed, even if it is just a forum name.

38 minutes ago, Darth Krande said:

Am I the only one seeing the fog when hastily grabbing from the cave? This screenshot was taken on a laptop with Win 7 but it also happened on my Android tablet a few days ago.

https://kephost.net/view.php?image=1453_8c61f4dcae44.jpg

This happens sometimes; it's been theorised that it's because the eggs that pop up in the cave are fogged and only unfog when they hit your scroll, so when you grab it there's this race condition where the sprite needs to be rendered and the egg transferred to your scroll -- sometimes the sprite renders without realising you've already got the egg, basically.

I've been seeing a lot of similar issues this Halloween all over the place, actually - abandoned eggs that don't show the "action" link when I click through to the /view/ page the first time, creating teleports that don't contain anything until they're refreshed, sort settings that appear not to have saved when one next loads the page (but on all subsequent page loads). The servers are clearly under a lot of strain. :D

I'm also having issues creating groups this morning, it keeps telling me Page Not Found and 'try some of these recommendations' but no recommendations pop up or anything.

Is there a limit of groups a user can make depending on the amount of dragons they actually have? As in, is it the fact that I only have 2000 dragons why I can only make 40 groups, 2 per 100 dragons?

Edited by Screech

@Screech The cave has been slow to update in things. Your groups are probably there,  they're just taking a few seconds to appear. Check in your groups list for them? Or refresh the new page after a few seconds. Afaik there is no limit.

41 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

@Screech The cave has been slow to update in things. Your groups are probably there,  they're just taking a few seconds to appear. Check in your groups list for them? Or refresh the new page after a few seconds. Afaik there is no limit.

Thank you ^^ it did take 1h:30 but the group did indeed appear. It's nice to know there's no limit ^^

Thanks for the explanation! I never befire considered that cave eggs are fogged. I know they don't have a working /view page, but never realised they're fogged. It makes sense, though. 

Will eggs that were born today take 49 hours to hatch instead of 48?

I still have many of my lineaged halloweens to breed. But the AP is already at 2d 20 h left and fast decresing. If I'll breed my dragons in next hours will all of them be doomed to die before even hitting the AP?

Edited by Iside

21 minutes ago, Iside said:

I still have many of my lineaged halloweens to breed. But the AP is already at 2d 20 h left and fast decresing. If I'll breed my dragons in next hours will all of them be doomed to die before even hitting the AP?

Of course it depends on how many eggs are still in the queue, but I would be afraid. I have decided not to breed mine unless someone has a specific request, and even then any extra eggs are in danger.

1 hour ago, Confused Cat said:

Will eggs that were born today take 49 hours to hatch instead of 48?

No. Most computers seem to understand how summer saving time works. Instead, it's likely they won't hatch in the exact hour they were caught.  Better yet, US time is different from European time, we already set the clocks and they haven't.

1 hour ago, Iside said:

I think the endangered eggs are the commons (non-holidays) bred before the event, not after. (I just checked, and those I bred on the 23rd really did die in the background.)

Peoplere egg-locking themselves now, so they will soonest unlock two days from now, and will find a lot of 0-day-10-hour eggs in the AP. After that the AP will be cleared out pretty fast. As long as the eggs are under 4 days, it takes virtually no time to hatch them. (In fact, that might be the easiest way to gather zombie fodder....)

Edited by Darth Krande

3 minutes ago, Darth Krande said:

I think the endangered eggs are the commons (non-holidays) bred before the event, not after. People are egg-locking themselves now, so they will soonest unlock two days from now, and will find a lot of 0-day-10-hour eggs in the AP. After that the AP will be cleared out pretty fast. As long as the eggs are under 4 days, it takes virtually no time to hatch them. 

True, but every year the backlog lasts longer as more and more people have more Halloween dragons to breed. There are almost certainly regular eggs that will die behind the wall -- I'm sure a batch of mine did last year. But even for the Halloween eggs, people can only pick up and hatch so many eggs from the wall before they become scroll locked. If everyone breeds hundreds of Halloween eggs (I saw at least one person speaking of breeding 400+), but the most growing things any of us can hold at a time is 24, then sooner or later something's got to give. Many people have egg-locked themselves with the new eggs, so will be picking up nothing for the next 2 days. Even over the 7-day life of a waiting egg you can only hatch around 3 batches. We may not have reached the tipping point, but it could happen.

The only exact answer can be "we will see". Currently, the oldest AP eggs are at 2 d 18 and were laid on 27th. 

Right. And I think it just depends on how many eggs have been bred, which we have no real way to know. So, we will see.

Even if no one takes any eggs from the AP for two days, the lowest time eggs that are on the AP now would still be alive then. And as soon as people have room, they'll grab and hatch as many as possible, even if only to re-abandon them.

Then the worst that can happen to them is they grow up wild. ER hatchies that make it to the AP will always be adopted, and since many of them will be insta-adults, they won't even lock the scrolls of the people who take them. And those that are not ERs when they appear on the AP are not at risk anyway.

(Of course I've been wrong before, but at the moment I'm not worried about the Halloween eggs. Just don't breed any non-Halloweens for the AP right now. Wait a few more days.)

Just a minor question - when I picked up the new egg it looked like a fog cloud. 

Once on my scroll, it looked like the egg.

Just curious if it's supposed to do that

Screenshot_20201031-173517.png

Edited by Serotina