Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, thalassophobic said:

Can two dragons who've bred before reject each other?

If one is a holiday and you only bred them during that holiday season  yes it is possible, otherwise no.

Fertility reduces the chances for refusing if used before the first breeding.

Cave superstition* says if one is a holiday, still use fertility even though refusals are turned off if breeding for the first time.

*superstition because there is no way to determine if this really changes anything or not. 

13 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

If one is a holiday and you only bred them during that holiday season  yes it is possible, otherwise no.

Fertility reduces the chances for refusing if used before the first breeding.

Cave superstition* says if one is a holiday, still use fertility even though refusals are turned off if breeding for the first time.

*superstition because there is no way to determine if this really changes anything or not. 

Thank you very much!! And I'll be sure to remember your tips once I catch any holiday dragon!

7 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

If I remember correctly, TJ has changed it so that if the first breeding of a holiday does not count at all for future compatibility if it is during the holiday season.

The mate will also not be moved to the top of the list for future breedings. Basically the dragons are like "umm, so... this thing we did at the office holiday party? Let's pretend it never happened".

So the pair has to be bred for the "real first time" again outside of the season, and THEN it is important to use fertility.

Of course if you have enough Purples available it doesn't do any harm to use it during the holiday season anyway. Just never forget to use it for the first out-of-season breedings.

The simplest solution is to test-breed (with fertility!) all holiday x non-holiday pairs before the holiday season. Then any complicated holiday breeding rules don't matter.

... Except the one that says that even a pair that refused can still breed during the season. ("Normally we hate each other and we always will, but I like your Halloween costume...")

However, if a pair refuses, I would rather try to get a replacement mate whenever possible, so that the holiday dragon can produce eggs with the same mate all year long.

3 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

If I remember correctly, TJ has changed it so that if the first breeding of a holiday does not count at all for future compatibility if it is during the holiday season.

The mate will also not be moved to the top of the list for future breedings. Basically the dragons are like "umm, so... this thing we did at the office holiday party? Let's pretend it never happened".

So the pair has to be bred for the "real first time" again outside of the season, and THEN it is important to use fertility.

Of course if you have enough Purples available it doesn't do any harm to use it during the holiday season anyway. Just never forget to use it for the first out-of-season breedings.

Had this discussion a few weeks ago with someone.

So here's what TJ said/changed back in Feb. 2018:

* Fertility will not be removed from pairs during event breeding, since it has no effect anyways.

* Pair compatibility will be completely ignored during event breeding. This means that new pairs that breed during an event but would refuse otherwise will not be marked as such after the event, potentially wasting a breeding (if you breed them and they refuse anyways) but allowing the use of fertility after the event.

edit (now that I'm home and can use my computer rather than mobile): at least I can confirm that using fertility before holiday breeding season, breeding in season will not remove it. I always fertilize my CB Shimmer directly after breeding to not forget it for the next time. So even if I bred her in holiday season, fertility's still till the first out-of-season breeding. (hope that makes any sense, never was good in explaining things...)

And his whole post and the thread about:

Edited by rinoa26

4 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Why is the dark lumina parent of this AP-found egg naked?

Luminas had a recent change (possibly bug? Help thread's still unaddressed) that caused them to stay naked for weeks after being bred to naked-causing mates instead of the normal 24 hours. It was discovered a few weeks ago and I believe has passed 1 month of not changing back.

2 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Luminas had a recent change (possibly bug? Help thread's still unaddressed) that caused them to stay naked for weeks after being bred to naked-causing mates instead of the normal 24 hours. It was discovered a few weeks ago and I believe has passed 1 month of not changing back.

Oh, interesting. He indeed has turpentine offspring.

Let me apologize before hand. But I think I have a tiny little question. Can someone direct me to the "egg identification"? forum please?

4 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

Why is the dark lumina parent of this AP-found egg naked?

4 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Here's the thread

Another breeding question: I've seen people talk about "ratios" and breeding certain dragons to change these ratios. What does this stuff mean?

21 minutes ago, thalassophobic said:

Another breeding question: I've seen people talk about "ratios" and breeding certain dragons to change these ratios. What does this stuff mean?

The chance of getting one dragon breed over another. Breeding lots of a common breed can change your chances of getting the less common mate over time.

The specifics about 'ratios' are unknown to us players, but basically each breed has some type of designation regarding how plentiful they should be. If there aren't enough of that breed around, the site will make more, which often makes trying to breed lineages difficult with common breeds. Some people try to breed a ton of a common breed specifically to get more out there, in order for the chance of getting something *else* from breeding to increase.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

The specifics about 'ratios' are unknown to us players, but basically each breed has some type of designation regarding how plentiful they should be. If there aren't enough of that breed around, the site will make more, which often makes trying to breed lineages difficult with common breeds. Some people try to breed a ton of a common breed specifically to get more out there, in order for the chance of getting something *else* from breeding to increase.

Ah that makes a lot of sense now, thank you! I suppose these ratios are important to take note of when building certain lineages.

Ah that makes a lot of sense now, thank you! I suppose these ratios are important to take note of when building certain lineages.

Not particularly: it just makes things frustrating rebreeding over and over. It *is* something to be concerned about for, say, prize ious, but if you're working on a regular lineage you'll succeed eventually regardless of ratio difference, it's just a matter of when and if you have patience or want to swap out for something more equal in ratios.

9 hours ago, Jazeki said:

The 25th is the official start of holiday breeding, right?

Should be!

(Is this question appropriate here? If not then please let me know!)

So, I've written some descriptions for some of my dragons months ago and none of them have been approved by site moderators yet and it's still pending. I didn't break any of the rules while writing, I've double checked.

I wanna know what's going and why has none of them been approved yet? Anybody know or had the same problem?

Edited by ADaftlittlePunk

9 minutes ago, ADaftlittlePunk said:

(Is this question appropriate here? If not then please let me know!)

So, I've written some descriptions for some of my dragons months ago and none of them have been approved by site moderators yet and it's still pending. I didn't break any of the rules while writing, I've double checked.

I wanna know what's going and why has none of them been approved yet? Anybody know or had the same problem?

There are maybe one or two active moderators who actually read through descrips on a regular basis, and thousands of them to go through. Apparently, they may not even come through in chronological order. Unfortunately a long wait time can be expected when it comes to descriptions, though if you contact Kaini (forum mod, usually the main descrip mod) they may go ahead and check yours on request.

1 minute ago, Shadowdrake said:

There are maybe one or two active moderators who actually read through descrips on a regular basis, and thousands of them to go through. Apparently, they may not even come through in chronological order. Unfortunately a long wait time can be expected when it comes to descriptions, though if you contact Kaini (forum mod, usually the main descrip mod) they may go ahead and check yours on request.

Oh, I see.

That's understandable, I'll continue waiting.

Is it true that zombie chance is higher on the 31 of October?=3 Also, how hard is to catch up with the previous -year dragons during Halloween? I've missed quite a few of them, but it was somehow easier to catch up during Christmas and Valentine.  But now I am bit nervous I won't be able to grab a few Arcana ones. They are so pretty 😃

1 minute ago, DarkellaLord said:

Is it true that zombie chance is higher on the 31 of October?=3 Also, how hard is to catch up with the previous -year dragons during Halloween? I've missed quite a few of them, but it was somehow easier to catch up during Christmas and Valentine.  But now I am bit nervous I won't be able to grab a few Arcana ones. They are so pretty 😃

I actually had an easier time than expected with Arcanas last year, but that was AP not CB ones. As for zombies, the *highest* chance is on the 31st of October, aka Halloween. That's why a lot of us are preparing as many tries as possible.

10 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I actually had an easier time than expected with Arcanas last year, but that was AP not CB ones. As for zombies, the *highest* chance is on the 31st of October, aka Halloween. That's why a lot of us are preparing as many tries as possible.

Thank you=) Good luck with your zombies=) I want at least to grab a couple of ap ones%)

I was checking 

and some of the sprites look really big, I need some of them to make a post in the Trading section so I'm wondering if I'm the only one seeing these big sprites?

Btw, is the Halloween event starting tonight?