Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, Darth Krande said:

When vampires bite an egg and it dies, how long does the eggshell take up the scroll space?

24 hours. Exactly. To the second.

Edited by purplehaze

8 hours ago, Chaosdawn said:

I don't have an issue with custom sort, but it does take several sec to half a min for all my dragons to load before I can move anything. I have almost 3000 dragons (!!). 

6 hours ago, Lagie said:

I have over 6,000. It takes a while for them to all load properly before you can click on anything. I'm pretty sure that's due to the numbers involved. (Breeding sometimes takes a moment to as about half those load each time.)

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes - me too - I have going on 10k. It's - a lot. I just wait "politely" !

Thank you all, I was of course considering that it might be the load of dragons, but sadly that's not it. Usually they take maybe 2-3 seconds to load when I want to sort them, but my lately issue is another - the  CPU of my PC starts roaring and gets hot and the loading does not stop (so I close the site and reopen it) .That is what is new and why I was thinking that perhaps something technical has been changed.

To be honest it sounds more like an issue with your CPU... Do you have enough fans ? Do you need to clean them ?

Can I ask an encyclopedia question? I have dragons that don't have the full 'appearance' unlocked despite owning them/owning multiples. Am I doing something wrong?

7 minutes ago, Vani said:

Can I ask an encyclopedia question? I have dragons that don't have the full 'appearance' unlocked despite owning them/owning multiples. Am I doing something wrong?

Are they old dragons? The encyclopedia doesn't count anything from before it was implemented, I believe sometime in 2014. It only counts stuff you've gotten since then.

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Are they old dragons? The encyclopedia doesn't count anything from before it was implemented, I believe sometime in 2014. It only counts stuff you've gotten since then.

That would be it! Derp 😆 Thank you!

10 hours ago, Vani said:

That would be it! Derp 😆 Thank you!

That said, it should actually help with the unlocking if you revisit them every once in a while to click on them - those clicks will at least count as views for the encyclopaedia! (I forgot when they reset so they can count again - takes a few days, anyway, I think it might be a week? It's a month, as per Rinoa below. Thanks for the reminder!)

Edited by pinkgothic

I feel as though I’ve seen somewhere a way to filter the overlap between two groups, e.g. my cave born group and my metallics group, so I can just see CB metals. Am I imagining it, or is it possible, and if so, how?

I haven't seen that - but if you temp-sort your CB group by breed, you can easily find the metals...

53 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

That said, it should actually help with the unlocking if you revisit them every once in a while to click on them - those clicks will at least count as views for the encyclopaedia! (I forgot when they reset so they can count again - takes a few days, anyway, I think it might be a week?)

Only every 30 days if there wasn't a change resently.

20 minutes ago, shhhhsleeping said:

I feel as though I’ve seen somewhere a way to filter the overlap between two groups, e.g. my cave born group and my metallics group, so I can just see CB metals. Am I imagining it, or is it possible, and if so, how?

You mean the filter box when adding new dragons to a group or use fertility. There you can enter #cb #golddragon for only showing CB Golds. As far as I know there's no other way to filter dragons within a group except the sort by breed as fuzzbucket mentioned.

1 minute ago, rinoa26 said:

You mean the filter box when adding new dragons to a group or use fertility. There you can enter #cb #golddragon for only showing CB Golds. As far as I know there's no other way to filter dragons within a group except the sort by breed as fuzzbucket mentioned.

Ah, yes, that’s what I’ve seen, so it doesn’t do what I was hoping it did, sadly. But still useful, so thanks for the clarification!

12 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

if you temp-sort your CB group by breed, you can easily find the metals...

Yeah, that’s what I generally do, and it’s easy enough. But sometimes I want to do something like finding all my 3G Saltkins that need a holiday mate, so being able to filter via my Saltkin group and ‘needs a holiday mate’ and 3EG groups would be awesome! **dreams**

10 minutes ago, Arionid said:

Is there a way to view server status of DC? Keep getting 504 for the last hour. Every other site loads just fine.

I do too, although weirdly, I'm having a lot more trouble in Firefox than Chrome. There's a handy status checker at Down For Everyone? but each time I've checked it says the problem is just me. Which... it clearly isn't, going by your post :P

I'm having the same issue, on all browsers, even on my phone using data and wi fi. Glad to see it's not just me, despite what Down for Everyone says!

Not sure if it's worth its own thread, but I have seen multiple users (registered in 2020) with 2 Halloween baskets on their scroll.

14 minutes ago, love_HP said:

Not sure if it's worth its own thread, but I have seen multiple users (registered in 2020) with 2 Halloween baskets on their scroll.

Someone made that thread:

2 hours ago, Arionid said:

Is there a way to view server status of DC? Keep getting 504 for the last hour. Every other site loads just fine.

Same here, though it seems to happen only on my laptop (using chrome) and not on mobile (also using chrome, go figure). Since it hasn't been resolved for hours perhaps it warrants its own thread?

2 hours ago, alyelle said:

I do too, although weirdly, I'm having a lot more trouble in Firefox than Chrome. There's a handy status checker at Down For Everyone? but each time I've checked it says the problem is just me. Which... it clearly isn't, going by your post :P

I've had quite a few US sites acting like this yesterday. When I contacted one forum owner, he said 

Their server  data1systems.com  is also down so I cannot report the problem.

I have a dumb question. I want to sign up for Secret Santa and I don't know how to quote the 'form' to do so.

Help?

32 minutes ago, jumpsnake said:

I have a dumb question. I want to sign up for Secret Santa and I don't know how to quote the 'form' to do so.

Help?

You don't need to quote it. Just copy and paste. :)

I’m planning to get an exalted Pitfire, but I want to know first—when they’re reborn, does it show a date?

Example: Reborn: November 9th, 2020.

If it does, I might plan for a specific date instead.. 😆

1 minute ago, Solaries said:

I’m planning to get an exalted Pitfire, but I want to know first—when they’re reborn, does it show a date?

Example: Reborn: November 9th, 2020.

If it does, I might plan for a specific date instead.. 😆

Nope, it's not noted anywhere, just the normal three dates :) 

@Paintra - Thanks for the quick reply! 😊

Edit: The ones I wanted exalted have all avoided the attack, lol. Well, I’ll try again next time.

Edited by Solaries

I want to participate in the Secret Santa event, but I just dunno if I'd be a good gifter. I am not the best breeders, don't have anything valuable to offer, I usually miss and rarely see something good in caves and as a trader I am also a bit boring. So, I think my gifting abilities are way too limited. So, should I just stay away from the event? I don't want to disappoint anybody=(

10 minutes ago, DarkellaLord said:

I want to participate in the Secret Santa event, but I just dunno if I'd be a good gifter. I am not the best breeders, don't have anything valuable to offer, I usually miss and rarely see something good in caves and as a trader I am also a bit boring. So, I think my gifting abilities are way too limited. So, should I just stay away from the event? I don't want to disappoint anybody=(

Please DO join us! There are lots of people willing to help you get things to give and many people also have some pretty easy stuff on their wishlists. Sure, just about everyone wants a CB Gold or a CB Staterae, but they won't be disappointed if they don't get it, because -- reality! We try to match gifters and giftees, so you won't have someone with only really hard stuff on their list. And don't be ashamed to post in the Santa thread and ask for help if you need it. There is a great Christmas spirit in that thread and you will be amazed at the response. :)