Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

7 hours ago, Cheeze said:

Yo, I did that. Santa was my holly. I killed Santa.

And some of us will never forgive you. :lol: 

I have hatchies hidden for Halloween.  My hatchies gendered.  Should that have happened?  I wanted some of them ungendered.  

And how do you use these filters you all are talking about?  Very curious.  

Edited by Classycal

11 minutes ago, Classycal said:

I have hatchies hidden for Halloween.  My hatchies gendered.  Should that have happened?  I wanted some of them ungendered.  

Me too - so far one has gendered,.Annoyingly, they do do that :( At least they no longer gender after freezing.#

I have one right now that is at 0 days - has been for at least 1/2 an hour -  and refuses to die :angry:

18 minutes ago, Classycal said:

Yep, they will still gender in the fog. You have to get minimal views for them to hatch to prevent it. And unless your waiting 6-7 days to hatch it's a really fine balance. 😕

When can we start breeding Halloween dragons?

IIRC it was Oct 25 the last years.  (At least that's what I'm planning for :D )

53 minutes ago, Classycal said:

When Fertilizing, there is an input box for filtering at the top - that where you can enter stuff like "#cb #stonedragon" or "#market gold". And when you add dragons to a group, you have the same box, except that this one also catches hatchies and eggs (you can't use Fertility on non-adult things, obviously).

Tag filters work only with the full string, e.g. when you start typing #c that won't do anything, only when you get to #cb, it'll start showing you all your caveborns.

The other filters without # work as part strings, too, so "gold" will show you all your Golden Wyverns, Gold-Horned Tangars, Gold Dragons, and any dragon that happens to have "gold" or "GoLd" in its name or code. If you find you have too many qualifying creatures when filtering by breed, use the # filter for the breed: #golddragon or #goldhornedtangar or #goldenwyvern

1 hour ago, Classycal said:

When can we start breeding Halloween dragons?

Breeding lasts one week, ending on Halloween, so Oct 25 would be the first day.

I should probably already know this but how come I can only freeze hatchies on my scroll but not eggs? Do I need a trophy to do that?

18 minutes ago, MeHasToe said:

I should probably already know this but how come I can only freeze hatchies on my scroll but not eggs? Do I need a trophy to do that?

This site does not allow eggfreezing. There is a suggestion in the Suggestions subforum about it, though.

There:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

This site does not allow eggfreezing. There is a suggestion in the Suggestions subforum about it, though.

There:

Good to know, thanks.

@Classycal according to another zombie-maker, for ungendered hatchies you have to wait till the eggs are 3d20h or older, unincubated, to hatch them.

30 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

@Classycal according to another zombie-maker, for ungendered hatchies you have to wait till the eggs are 3d20h or older, unincubated, to hatch them.

Thanks - that 's really useful info.... I had no idea.

I've been making ungendered hatchies for months. To be 100% sure, hatch egg no sooner than 2 days 12 hours. If views tipple over the 2000 mark, there's a chance they'll gender, as they will if the uv's go much above 300. I do have the odd ones that have more views but it's not worth the risk for Halloween.

Oh GOODY - all mine that haven't gendered (and the two that have - I need S2s anyway) are well under the 2000 mark, and the UVs are under 300.

19 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh GOODY - all mine that haven't gendered (and the two that have - I need S2s anyway) are well under the 2000 mark, and the UVs are under 300.

You'll be fine then.

I just ended up freezing two S1 hatchies that I will kill.  All my hatchies for fodder have gendered - even the ones with nearly 5 days left.  

I will try this next year.

Edited by Classycal

Sorry for the double post but I didn't think anyone would see it if I edited because my last post was so old.

How do I delete messages in messenger?

Okay, you know the bar with all the participants' names?  Just above the top of that bar, at the right-hand side of the screen, there should be a little label that says "Options".  If you click it, then it drops down a little menu which includes "delete conversation".

I assume that that's how people are supposed to delete messages, anyway.  If there's another way, I've never found it.

3 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

Okay, you know the bar with all the participants' names?  Just above the top of that bar, at the right-hand side of the screen, there should be a little label that says "Options".  If you click it, then it drops down a little menu which includes "delete conversation".

I assume that that's how people are supposed to delete messages, anyway.  If there's another way, I've never found it.

yep, that's how i delete messages as well.

You need to "remove participant" first, to be REALLY tidy.

18 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You need to "remove participant" first, to be REALLY tidy.

That doesn't do anything if they have read the conversation already. And LUCKILY SO, I must add - I would be rather miffed if someone removed a conversation from MY inbox that I wanted to keep!

38 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I would be rather miffed if someone removed a conversation from MY inbox that I wanted to keep!

oh i agree.  there are some convos i do keep.