Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Please DO join us! There are lots of people willing to help you get things to give and many people also have some pretty easy stuff on their wishlists. Sure, just about everyone wants a CB Gold or a CB Staterae, but they won't be disappointed if they don't get it, because -- reality! We try to match gifters and giftees, so you won't have someone with only really hard stuff on their list. And don't be ashamed to post in the Santa thread and ask for help if you need it. There is a great Christmas spirit in that thread and you will be amazed at the response.

Oh, thank you so much for the kind and encouraging reply^___^

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I can't figure out anywhere else.

Is it actually possible to get  Staterae from breeding?  I bought a couple, and wanted to to a lineage, but if all I am going to get is other xenowyrms, then I don't want to waste my life on it.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, daba555 said:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I can't figure out anywhere else.

Is it actually possible to get  Staterae from breeding?  I bought a couple, and wanted to to a lineage, but if all I am going to get is other xenowyrms, then I don't want to waste my life on it.

Thank you.

I have seen Stats from Stat parents. It seems they would rather give other xenos, though.

Just now, purplehaze said:

I have seen Stats from Stat parents. It seems they would rather give other xenos, though.

I figured it would be tough, but was worried it was impossible. :) 

But as long as sooner or later I have hope of getting them, I will persevere.  Lovely to see you!

while looking through the trades on the website, I see a lot of descriptions such as this:

SAlt Checker

No checker

SAltkin

A mate for any in group/12345

2G SAs

What do these terms mean?

Spriters alt. Lineages including them are known as saltkins. Only the actual spriters can own the alts, but a lot of people collect them in lineages.

Here's one example of mine.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/w6Gvc

"Mate for anything in group 12345" - you need to type in the link:

https://dragcave.net/group/85559 takes you to all my saltkins, for instance. And then see what dragons in that group you could create a suitable mate for.

Checkers are lineages that look like a checkerboard:

Like this:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/pFmpS

Edited by Fuzzbucket

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Spriters alt. Lineages including them are known as saltkins. Only the actual spriters can own the alts, but a lot of people collect them in lineages.

Here's one example of mine.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/w6Gvc

"Mate for anything in group 12345" - you need to type in the link:

https://dragcave.net/group/85559 takes you to all my saltkins, for instance. And then see what dragons in that group you could create a suitable mate for.

Checkers are lineages that look like a checkerboard:

Like this:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/pFmpS

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

ok thank you!!!!!! :)

@Desirai In addition to what Fuzzbucket wrote:

When people write "no checker" in a trade, they often mean they want a stair or spiral lineage.

Especially when breeding Prize dragons, some users strongly prefer checkers while others strongly prefer stairs.

(Of course there are many other types of planned - or unplanned - lineages that can be created.)

1 hour ago, daba555 said:

Thank you.

They are certainly not impossible, just a) obnoxiously rare and b) have a lot of fail xeno results to make the odds even lower. Any xeno can theoretically breed one, regardless of mate choice or lineage.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/99meQ

Good luck!

I've seen plenty of people have something about accepting IOUs in signatures. What does IOU stand for?

1 minute ago, Gwathgor said:

I've seen plenty of people have something about accepting IOUs in signatures. What does IOU stand for?

I owe you. 

"If you have X I will give you y, but I don't have y at this time and will need to breed/catch it."

12 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

I owe you. 

"If you have X I will give you y, but I don't have y at this time and will need to breed/catch it."

Aah, thanks, I couldn't figure it out ^^

34 minutes ago, MessengerDragon said:

So..... any clarification on the blue pitfire sprites? I saw the thing about the exalted/revived ones, but they aren't blue.

11 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I suspect they may be SAs ?

Can confirm what Fuzz says- They were Spatio's alts! Spatio shared her adult alt here, if you are in the Unofficial Discord :) They haven't been transformed into Alts yet by TJ, though.

How many dragon breeds are there now, total?

I'm trying to figure out how many I am missing as I currently have 268. If any?

Sorry, I'm sure this is written somewhere but I can't find it. Yes I did search.

I believe we are at 270 now (that's what I have and I'm almost positive I have every breed)

The number of dragon breeds in the encyclopedia is some number of whole rows (of 5) on my screen, so I know that the number of breeds must be a multiple of 5.  And since HeatherMarie is almost certain she has all of them, it's far more likely that she's missing 0 than that she's missing 5.

Translation: yep, pretty sure it's 270.

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I believe we are at 270 now (that's what I have and I'm almost positive I have every breed)

Thank you! Now I just need to figure out what I'm missing....

38 minutes ago, wonderwanders2 said:

Check the hybrids, and also pygmies in general. My elusive last one was a pygmy hybrid lol

3 hours ago, wonderwanders2 said:

Astaarus and Erador (Valentine's breed, if I recall correctly)

does "Prizekin" refer to a dragon descended from any prize dragon, or is the term specific to dragons descended from caveborn Prize dragons won from raffles? 

Edited by kittycam

3 minutes ago, kittycam said:

does "Prizekin" refer to a dragon descended from any prize dragon, or is the term specific to dragons descended from caveborn Prize dragons won from raffles? 

To me, Prizekin refers to any dragon that could have been a Prize but ended up being the mate's breed instead. Others may disagree.

A 2G Prizekin would be one descended from a CB Prize.

Edited by purplehaze