Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

4 minutes ago, Serotina said:

Just a minor question - when I picked up the new egg it looked like a fog cloud. 

Once on my scroll, it looked like the egg.

Just curious if it's supposed to do that

Screenshot_20201031-173517.png

This happens sometimes! Usually when lag is high (which is especially prominent during the holidays! XD)

Is there any way (a thread, maybe?) to find out more about old event tokens? I keep staring at a token from 2010 which looks like a baby wombat playing the harmonica, or maybe a hedgehog making a balloon animal, and it's driving me nuts.

21 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Is there any way (a thread, maybe?) to find out more about old event tokens? I keep staring at a token from 2010 which looks like a baby wombat playing the harmonica, or maybe a hedgehog making a balloon animal, and it's driving me nuts.

Boop. Not everyone put their info there though, and the 2010 ones were a long time ago. Maybe check the Halloween news thread from that year.

1 minute ago, Kaini said:

Boop. Not everyone put their info there though, and the 2010 ones were a long time ago. Maybe check the Halloween news thread from that year.

I'd seen that one, but it only seems to cover the newer tokens.

The HW News thread is a good idea, thanks! Time for some digging, then...

Edited by Fly-by-Night

Is there a fansite/thread where people link their grown dragons to help fill out people's encyclopedias?

3 minutes ago, Dekka said:

Is there a fansite/thread where people link their grown dragons to help fill out people's encyclopedias?

8 minutes ago, Dekka said:

A public scroll link is what I usually follow. (Sadly, not those where the adults are hidden, you need to check individually.) For zombies, there's a zombie success thread where sometimes people link their undead groups. Also: in case of breedables, if you click a hatchling or egg in a fansite, you can see if the dragon has a lineage, aka adults of the same breed to click. 

Edited by Darth Krande

Question: Did I meet a glitch here? The zombie was a pink wyvern Zyumo but he became a four-legged western after revival.

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 1.06.40 AM.png

14 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

@Goth1707 Nope. Sadly Zyus have no body type in the encyclopedia, so by default they all become westerns.

Thanks!❤️

Er I clicked this as an ER hatchling in the ap https://dragcave.net/view/EbNMf it took me to the get page so I thought I had it but then when I clicked the dragon sprite it said wild dragon... 🤔

14 minutes ago, Tish said:

Er I clicked this as an ER hatchling in the ap https://dragcave.net/view/EbNMf it took me to the get page so I thought I had it but then when I clicked the dragon sprite it said wild dragon... 🤔

How weird! It must have grown up wild just as you grabbed it.

Ive been fighting with my signature for a while since I lost some images in tinypic and photobucket. I cant seem to find info on the signature restrictions, can anyone direct me to any post about it? please. Also I keep getting a red color everytime I try to enter an address, I used to directly enter the bbcode but now its not working for me. Maybe the forum changed since I last played or im doing it wrong? Can I still use images uploaded to hosting websites? Thank you for any help.

Edit: I figured some stuff out, but if theres a help post about signatures I would still like to read it.

Edited by Elery.

9 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

And as soon as people have room, they'll grab and hatch as many as possible, even if only to re-abandon them.

I've been hatching a bunch of eggs and putting FFA links with hatchies in official discord for DC time around Halloween noon. Something I've always liked to do. (Part of the reason why I hoarded 40+ Magis. I don't really want them to grow up in the wild because ratios.)

Edited by love_HP

9 hours ago, Fly-by-Night said:

I'd seen that one, but it only seems to cover the newer tokens.

The HW News thread is a good idea, thanks! Time for some digging, then...

Okay, that thread has more than 200 pages...

Is there anyone who can tell me what the hedgehog / baby wombat / ???? is doing here?

tinyhedgehog.PNG

58 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Okay, that thread has more than 200 pages...

Is there anyone who can tell me what the hedgehog / baby wombat / ???? is doing here?

tinyhedgehog.PNG

Did a search and found it in the threat of the release back then. One user said they're chocolate coins and an unwrapped one behind them with a roaring dragon head on it.

The spriter LadyLyzar confirmed those are chocolate coins.

16 minutes ago, rinoa26 said:

Did a search and found it in the threat of the release back then. One user said they're chocolate coins and an unwrapped one behind them with a roaring dragon head on it.

The spriter LadyLyzar confirmed those are chocolate coins.

Thank you so much!! I had to stare at the token for quite a while before I could unsee the hedgehog and its balloon animal, but I got it now.

1 hour ago, Dekka said:

can GoN's breed together? or will they ALWAYS reject

From the wiki:

They're able to breed with other dragons (except with other Guardians of Nature, which always refuse) to potentially produce Avatars of Destruction, Change or Creation. The kind of Avatar depends on the elemental affinity of the mate's breed.

Yeah, GoNs are elementally Neutral and cannot produce GoN eggs, so they refuse.
Pretty sure they'll also refuse, like, out of season Sweetlings for the same reason. Regular Neutral dragons are fine because they can produce their own breed, but if they can't, they refuse.

They'll also refuse Heartseekers and Heartstealings outside of Valentine's season, for the same reason.

(So far, all Halloween and all Holiday breeds have an elemental affinity, it's only some Valentine's breeds who have something better to do than deal with elemental magic XD)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

How can I know if something is really a Thuwed?

11 minutes ago, Classycal said:

How can I know if something is really a Thuwed?

Check the caveborns. If at least one pair has "Verified Thuwed" on their page, they're really Thuweds.

Thinking this is more a glitch but...has anyone else caught a CB egg from the biome and gotten the fog sprite instead of the egg?

The egg shows fine on its page and my scroll but it seems pretty weird

Screenshot_20201102-160144_Samsung Internet.jpg