Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

41 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Thinking this is more a glitch but...has anyone else caught a CB egg from the biome and gotten the fog sprite instead of the egg?

The egg shows fine on its page and my scroll but it seems pretty weird

its normal, current consensus is you catch it as its trying to be cleared from the cave, therefore fogball. Probably lag related and it's been happening a lot during halloween

okay i wanted to ask this just to make sure, but if i breed 2 caveborn dragons from my scroll, kill both of them, but view the egg's lineage, the names of the parents will both be listed as just "(Deceased)", right? it won't show their code? i wanted to make a deadline lineage but i wanted to make sure that it'll end up clean before i did it and was disappointed :P 

I don't believe you can get the (Deceased) thing anymore - dead dragons still show their code now iirc.

oh, really? glad i asked, then. guess i'll have to find some at least neat codes for it then. i was a bit confused since i had dragons on my scroll with (Deceased) dragons in their lineage, but i couldn't tell when they were from, and i didnt know if i could find that information anywhere..

Edited by InvaderAlexis

It was how old dead dragons were dealt with - they got the Deceased marker and you couldn't click on them in the lineage view. Once they were dead it was like they never existed. I can't remember what year that changed, but eventually it was made so dead dragons are still 'clickable' in the lineage view and also keep their names/codes visible. I remember some deadline folks were quite unhappy with the changes.

i don't have many dragons with dead parents/dead ancestry, so i was unclear. but i have a followup question: if you kill a named dragon, they retain their name, right? it doesn't get erased, you cant change it , etc?

9 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

i don't have many dragons with dead parents/dead ancestry, so i was unclear. but i have a followup question: if you kill a named dragon, they retain their name, right? it doesn't get erased, you cant change it , etc?

That is correct. The name will be connected to that dead dragon forever.

5 hours ago, Terces said:

It was how old dead dragons were dealt with - they got the Deceased marker and you couldn't click on them in the lineage view. Once they were dead it was like they never existed. I can't remember what year that changed, but eventually it was made so dead dragons are still 'clickable' in the lineage view and also keep their names/codes visible. I remember some deadline folks were quite unhappy with the changes.

We Were Indeed. It was JUST before I managed this.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/73DVe

Bred the last egg - and it changed and spoiled it all... (I wanted it to say Deceased all the way down...) I was also curious if - over time - it would stop showing as inbred - it's the most remarkable inbred that ext - who used to use it as an example - had ever seen... there are 1107 repeated dragons in there for a START....

and I so wanted it to appear all clean and neat !

Anybody else getting the tombstone message while trying to access the cave/your scroll/a dragon?

It seems to broke down for me about half an hour ago and I can't do anything until now.

As of 6am DC time, yes.

Even the fansites aren't getting a connection anymore.

... and it's back for now. Huh.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

It's going up and down like a yoyo for me... isup says it's down, then that it's up, and so on.

Hello ^^ first time I try this but - is rush-hatching low-time AP eggs and then chucking them back into the AP effective at 'saving' them? Will most of the resulting hatchies be picked up, or will they mostly grow up wild?

16 minutes ago, Screech said:

Hello ^^ first time I try this but - is rush-hatching low-time AP eggs and then chucking them back into the AP effective at 'saving' them? Will most of the resulting hatchies be picked up, or will they mostly grow up wild?

Take them out of hatcheries before you abandon them, then they should be too low on stats to grow up wild.

Hatchies will be picked up faster than eggs, as our hatchie limits are higher. So - can't hurt.

ETA and Ruby is right there !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Thanks both of you ^^ yep I thought of removing them from hatcheries after my first batch of chucks-backs. I'll keep at it then :)

Nevermind I'm an idiot. I missed that the deceased parent would have their lineage, so it still registers as 14th gen

.......Ignore.........

Puzzled about a lineage.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/K5Nk8

It says this dragon is 14th gen, but both of the "grandparents" are CB. I'm very confused.

Edited by Serotina

Coulda swore I had 16 eggs/hatchies on my scroll total, but suddenly I have only eight. And nothing grew up. Whhhhaaattt happened. 

10 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

Coulda swore I had 16 eggs/hatchies on my scroll total, but suddenly I have only eight. And nothing grew up. Whhhhaaattt happened. 

You sure nothing grew up? Did you offer on a trade and it went through? Did you have 'held' eggs from a multi-clutch breeding that auto-abandoned after an hour?

Not sure if this is a glitch but

I found this weird egg on a click site, when I clicked it says the egg doesnt actually exist, yet it has stuff like remaining days, unique views and clicks, what is this? image.png.25b2133503e36b046c72661e747ae54b.png

8 minutes ago, Axl-fox said:

what is this? 

It is a joke egg that TJ made. Every once in awhile someone will put it in one of the click sites. When it gets to the last cracking stage it hatches into another egg, usually a different color -- I think there are red and green ones.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

It is a joke egg that TJ made. Every once in awhile someone will put it in one of the click sites. When it gets to the last cracking stage it hatches into another egg, usually a different color -- I think there are red and green ones.

also for @Axl-fox, it's also the gif in my sig XD 

11 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

You sure nothing grew up? Did you offer on a trade and it went through? Did you have 'held' eggs from a multi-clutch breeding that auto-abandoned after an hour?

Negative. I only had 6-5 day old hatchies. And I haven’t offered anything. And I didn’t breed my Halloween babies this year. 

Mmh, don't know how if this is really a question, but I'm confused at the moment.

I offered on a trade and while stalking the AP for a certain lineage, the notification bell changed. It said I have two new notfications. And as I looked it showed this:

screenshot_2020-11-05xkkuf.png

This is the about same trade, I checked the links. The trade got through and the hatchie is save on my scroll.

I had it happend that it shows two new notifications when I really had one. But this is new. Any thoughts on this?

@Paintra Thanks, hope it will work now!

Edited by rinoa26

3 minutes ago, rinoa26 said:

Mmh, don't know how if this is really a question, but I'm confused at the moment.

I offered on a trade and while stalking the AP for a certain lineage, the notification bell changed. It said I have two new notfications. And as I looked it showed this:

9d6dad-1604606471.png

This is the about same trade, I checked the links. The trade got through and the hatchie is save on my scroll.

I had it happend that it shows two new notifications when I really had one. But this is new. Any thoughts on this?

Your image appears to be broken :(