Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 hours ago, Jocosa said:

I can't play the game. I'm using a Pixelbook, which wasn't an issue the past 2 years. My Chrome OS is fully updated. AdBlock is disabled.  It let me name my char, and I can get the game to start (No music though) but it just constantly flickers the entire time. I can play sort of, I just can't see things well due to the non-stop flickering. I made it to the jail screen, escaped the cell, but I can't get out of that area. There might be other things that need exploring in the room but I don't think the room is loading fully for me. I've also cleared my cache. Help/suggestions?  Thanks!

I did a screen grab. It doesn't show the constant black lines that flicker through though.

Screenshot 2020-10-25 at 11.14.32 AM.png

You are right next to what you need to get out of that area by

Spoiler

interacting with the drain and going down into the sewer.

But that does look awful....

24 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You are right next to what you need to get out of that area by

Hide contents

But that does look awful....

Thanks!  I got out, and made it to what looks like a maze with unfriendly things running around.  Where I am now 100% stuck because the flickering makes it impossible to see the dragons to avoid them. I've tried a few times and they get me everytime because I can't see them until they bump me.

Half the time you can't avoid them even if you CAN see them.... That is the puzzle I found toughest of them all.... Spoiler - and you have to do it TWICE ! it shows up again later.

I actually had a lot of times where i'd be right next to them and they couldn't see me. Squeeze up against the walls. Also running seems to confuse them.

17 hours ago, Mewtie said:

I believe the badge is awarded upon completion of the game.

not  a very user friendly game ... for me anyway, as she just walks and walks and ... 

we should get a badge for even trying this thing, my least favourite game style 

unfortunately ... that is the case    Completing the story awards a user the event badge.

pity as I love my badges

2 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

Please, tell me how to hide contents on the forum=) I dunno how ^^*

Select what you want hidden and click the eye button

image.png.edefe2c1f3a8949d8d1af391add9174f.png

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Select what you want hidden and click the eye button

Thanks for the help=)

Would someone with a full collection of the all the previous years treats be so kind as to link it so I can see how many I need? ^.^

17 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Half the time you can't avoid them even if you CAN see them....

I've found that it works well to sit and watch them patrol, then walk past while they are facing the other way.

The little cones of light that stick out of their faces seem to be accurate indicators of how far they can see - so they can't see all the way down the hallway, for example.

I don't know how much you found the dark maze puzzles difficult because they are difficult versus how much you found them difficult because you didn't notice these things.

I know that I had a really hard time understanding the rules behind the rune puzzle until after I went and looked up the guide on the wiki.

Not really related to the holiday game, but I've been hanging out in the forest so I don't have to scroll for gathering treats, and I'm wondering. If you're egg locked, can you still pick up a leetle tree? I got lucky earlier today and a gold dropped while everyone was distracted by the hour drop of holidays, and I'd like to know if I need to be fast with abandoning an egg for a leetle tree or if I can just go get it even with eight eggs that aren't hatching anytime soon. 😮 ?

25 minutes ago, pudley333 said:

Not really related to the holiday game, but I've been hanging out in the forest so I don't have to scroll for gathering treats, and I'm wondering. If you're egg locked, can you still pick up a leetle tree? I got lucky earlier today and a gold dropped while everyone was distracted by the hour drop of holidays, and I'd like to know if I need to be fast with abandoning an egg for a leetle tree or if I can just go get it even with eight eggs that aren't hatching anytime soon. 😮 ?

No you have to have a space for the split second before it is frozen 

I was looking through my festival of eggs looking one certain one, there was one I remember and it was a smaug egg where where his eye opened. I think this was around the 2013 when the desolation of smaug came out.

I can't find this one, I have looked through the Wiki for this several times and I can't just can't find it.

18 minutes ago, Nightwatcher said:

I was looking through my festival of eggs looking one certain one, there was one I remember and it was a smaug egg where where his eye opened. I think this was around the 2013 when the desolation of smaug came out.

I can't find this one, I have looked through the Wiki for this several times and I can't just can't find it.

This one? Festival_of_Eggs_2013_18.gif

Or this one from 2014? Festival_of_Eggs_2014_17.gif (See, the Smaug movie was released in December 2013, so I figured any reference to him was probably not during Easter 2013)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

4 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

This one? Festival_of_Eggs_2013_18.gif

Or this one from 2014? Festival_of_Eggs_2014_17.gif

OMG!!!!

Thank you, it was the 2014 one.

Are CB Vampires back in the cave for Halloween? or are they still bite-only for people without a CB

Bite only.  Sorry.

I can bite one for you after all this Halloween chaos is over, if you want, or I'm sure a number of others would be happy to help, too.  Just send someone a reminder/request PM!

4 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

Bite only.  Sorry.

I can bite one for you after all this Halloween chaos is over, if you want, or I'm sure a number of others would be happy to help, too.  Just send someone a reminder/request PM!

Ah gotcha.  It's all good, I have a few non-CB vamps haha.  I've been on DC forever but I haven't gotten the chance to play much recently, I just wasn't sure if they got re-released like the rest of the Halloween dragons (-:
Thank you for the kind offer though!! ❤️

Can someone please remind me if, before attempting to create a zombie, do I need to remove that dragon’s name? And then rename it in the case of a successful zombie attempt?

3 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Can someone please remind me if, before attempting to create a zombie, do I need to remove that dragon’s name? And then rename it in the case of a successful zombie attempt?

Yes. Because if it stays dead, you can never remove the name.

10 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yes. Because if it stays dead, you can never remove the name.

Thank you! ^_^ I can never remember that one.

5 hours ago, missy_ said:

Thank you! ^_^ I can never remember that one.

Actually, you halfway did remember it, as shown by the fact that you remembered to ask.  :D