Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Quick question, how to find dragons that I have described? Is the only way clicking through every single dragon I own?

19 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I think something in Chrome-based browsers changed, and the referrer check runs into that and gives an outdated message.

Rather than having this buried in here, this sounds like it could be worth a thread of its own. Plenty of evidence has been collected, now it's time to get the big boss's attention about it, eh?

yes ... definitely

I have Chrome too but ...

if not for these posts  .. I would never have even known about Safari and whatever impact it may be having

thanks for posting about it

5 hours ago, love_HP said:

Quick question, how to find dragons that I have described? Is the only way clicking through every single dragon I own?

Yes.

So I made groups and my described ones go into a group (pending till they make it, and described when they are approved.) Now I can find them in seconds with the dropdown.

There is a suggestion thread about this which would at least tell you when they are approved - but not which are described and which aren't: 

Is fertility working? The page just reloads after I use it and I get no confirmation.  Nothing in the action log either.

Edited by Elery.

58 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It just worked OK for me....

Its working for me now, the autofill was messing with the search bar🤦‍♀️

Edited by Elery.

I get that all the time - it has my password in there, and nothing I can do will take it out !

8 hours ago, love_HP said:

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes.

So I made groups and my described ones go into a group (pending till they make it, and described when they are approved.) Now I can find them in seconds with the dropdown.

There is a suggestion thread about this which would at least tell you when they are approved - but not which are described and which aren't: 

There have also been several suggestions for marking described dragons in some way. The most recent one seems to be this one:

8 hours ago, love_HP said:

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes.

Once you've made your group, you can share it here:

On 10/13/2020 at 8:28 AM, love_HP said:

Wouldn't that mean Dragcave should think it's Chrome instead of Safari?

Well, yes- but it thinks chrome is Safari for some reason?

On 10/14/2020 at 8:10 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

On my main browser, I get the message that I'm using Safari. I don't HAVE Safari, and I'm using Opera. I have other browsers. I get the same message - that I am using Safari - in: Vivaldi, Brave, and Chrome. Firefox and Pale Moon just say referrers are enabled, and don't tell me what I'm using.

Opera. Vivaldi. Brave. Edge. Chrome and ChromeOS. They're all derivatives of Chromium, which is itself is also available as a browser and I think OS too? So at their core they're the same browser.

For some reason, it things they're all Safari. That one I can't help with- it's on TJ!

On 10/14/2020 at 10:16 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

I think something in Chrome-based browsers changed, and the referrer check runs into that and gives an outdated message.

Rather than having this buried in here, this sounds like it could be worth a thread of its own. Plenty of evidence has been collected, now it's time to get the big boss's attention about it, eh?

Definitely should. Been meaning to do it myself but I haven't the spoons at the moment. I can still get cave eggs at least so Halloween isn't cancelled yet!

I just searched the trading hub, and it looks like the only currently active trades with "unique" in the wants box are all by the same person.  So it's not a lot of people asking for "unique egg", just one person who makes a lot of trades asking for them.

I don't know what that means, none of this person's dragons seem to be named helpful things like "forum name (something)" or "I say unique egg to mean (something specific)".  (And I just checked, and there is no forum user with that username, so we can't try to get their attention on the forums.)

Maybe they want eggs with cool codes?  Or they want eggs from cool, distinctive lineages?  Or maybe they're looking for rare eggs, like unbreedables and 2G prizes?

I suppose one could report them for unhelpful trade want messages.  It might be more productive to offer lineaged dragons with the parents' names changed to explain that "unique egg" isn't a clear description for most people.  In fact, I've just tried that, and we'll see what happens.

Could just be an egg of a breed they don't have - they're currently at 130 of 269 unique breeds.

How do I look for a dragon with a specific name?

35 minutes ago, Classycal said:

How do I look for a dragon with a specific name?

https://dragcave.net/view/n/dragon's name

Edited by purplehaze

Is there a way to move several messages to a folder as a bundle instead of having to open every last one to move it individually ?

Never mind. IT's amazing how asking a question means the answer miraculously shows up. DONE !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Is there a list anywhere of all the possible filters for searching dragons when making a group?

I know you can do by species, breed, CB or bred, but was wondering if there are other options.

Edited by ShorahNagi

On 10/2/2020 at 7:04 AM, orphaned said:

when will the     change sort order    be fixed ... again  ??  only the grid sort is still functional.

the sorting is still inconsistent  ,,  when it works at all.  VERY frustrating ...   any hint ?s .. other than cleaning etc which is done almost daily

- - - - - - - - 

It has been over a week but ... the sort order has not been fixed ... have never waited so long before

any chance this can be addressed soon ???   it's so disruptive to my scroll's functionality 

21 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Is there a list anywhere of all the possible filters for searching dragons when making a group?

I know you can do by species, breed, CB or bred, but was wondering if there are other options.

You can put a letter or number and it will list those with codes that have said letter or number (and breeds and names...).

3 hours ago, orphaned said:
  On 10/2/2020 at 7:04 AM, orphaned said:

when will the     change sort order    be fixed ... again  ??  only the grid sort is still functional.

the sorting is still inconsistent  ,,  when it works at all.  VERY frustrating ...   any hint ?s .. other than cleaning etc which is done almost daily

- - - - - - - - 

It has been over a week but ... the sort order has not been fixed ... have never waited so long before

any chance this can be addressed soon ???   it's so disruptive to my scroll's functionality 

Make a Help topic explaining your issue, TJ probably won't see a random post in this huge thread. Be sure to explain exactly what the issue is, sorting seems to work fine for me.

On 8/5/2020 at 7:55 PM, Dracaena said:

It had to have been very early 2013.  I very much remember the death of the holly named Santa and wanting to get that name. The name was never removed from the dead dragon, killed on Jan 21, 2013.

Yo, I did that. Santa was my holly. I killed Santa.

49 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Make a Help topic explaining your issue, TJ probably won't see a random post in this huge thread. Be sure to explain exactly what the issue is, sorting seems to work fine for me.

thank you ... am making a copy of your answer for future reference 

when I went to make a copy of what was seen when unable to sort .... problem was resolved

the  drag.cave is unable to comply message was gone

can now sort in all 3 categories once more  ... thank you

5 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

Quote another post from elsewhere:

The dragon search bar is capable of automatically filtering generation, location and breed.

Examples:

- #32g (all 32-gen dragons)

- #cave (all dragons from "cave" biome)

- #forest (all dragons from "forest" biome)

These can be combined. For example, type in #cb #reddragon for all CB reds.

I think these are the only filters as of now, unless TJ makes another secret update.