Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

SO this has been bugging me for a while.

My Dragon Encyclopedia is incomplete and this distresses me for a fair reason: I have been a member since 2008, and I have almost every breed imaginable! Sadly, my encyclopedia doesn't seem to account for all that time spent catching and breeding dragons. Breeds I have multiples off -- like the Bright-Breasted -- it says I only have ever raised 1 of, but I count no less than FIVE in my scroll! My question is this: How do I get the encyclopedia to do backward accounting for what I had on my scroll, before the encyclopedia was a thing? Do I need manual adjustment, or just need a new egg of each missing entry? How do I fix this to reflect my actual scroll?

Just now, Dragon Mage said:

SO this has been bugging me for a while.

My Dragon Encyclopedia is incomplete and this distresses me for a fair reason: I have been a member since 2008, and I have almost every breed imaginable! Sadly, my encyclopedia doesn't seem to account for all that time spent catching and breeding dragons. Breeds I have multiples off -- like the Bright-Breasted -- it says I only have ever raised 1 of, but I count no less than FIVE in my scroll! My question is this: How do I get the encyclopedia to do backward accounting for what I had on my scroll, before the encyclopedia was a thing? Do I need manual adjustment, or just need a new egg of each missing entry? How do I fix this to reflect my actual scroll?

Any dragons that grew up on your scroll before the encyclopedia was added don't count towards the totals. I don't believe there's any way to fix this.

2 minutes ago, Paintra said:

Any dragons that grew up on your scroll before the encyclopedia was added don't count towards the totals. I don't believe there's any way to fix this.

Well....

Bollocks.

=(

I keep having a problem naming some of my dragons.  Things like Susja and Toxilus Xir De Sunrunner are saying there are characters that can't be used.  The only thing I can figure out is that the spellchecker corrects some of the words.  Then I trick it by using another word then going back in and changing that word.  Is there any way to fix this?  

8 hours ago, Dragon Mage said:

Well....

Bollocks.

=(

Well....

To complete the encyclopedia you can also view the dragons of other players. View 15 adults instead of own 5...

@Classycal  is i possible you are getting into the hidden bad word thing - as I did when I wanted "the pen is mightier" ? Unacceptable.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

is i possible you are getting into the hidden bad word thing - as I did when I wanted "the pen is mightier" ? Unacceptable.

It's not saying that.  It's weird.

8 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Well....

To complete the encyclopedia you can also view the dragons of other players. View 15 adults instead of own 5...

@Classycal  is i possible you are getting into the hidden bad word thing - as I did when I wanted "the pen is mightier" ? Unacceptable.

That's true and would certainly work, but it's for those supremely rare ones, like GoN's, that I am wondering how long it would take? Not many are summoning or hatching them these days...

Just now, Dragon Mage said:

That's true and would certainly work, but it's for those supremely rare ones, like GoN's, that I am wondering how long it would take? Not many are summoning or hatching them these days...

This thread can help you - 

If you ask there, people will share their dragons!

@Lagie Thank you so much! I didn't even know that existed, though admittedly, the forums are quite vast! XD I'm certainly going to give this a shot, with a few tips from others!

On 10/9/2020 at 6:22 PM, Classycal said:

I keep having a problem naming some of my dragons.  Things like Susja and Toxilus Xir De Sunrunner are saying there are characters that can't be used.  The only thing I can figure out is that the spellchecker corrects some of the words.  Then I trick it by using another word then going back in and changing that word.  Is there any way to fix this?  

Are you adding spaces onto the start or end? for whatever reason that throws errors for me. It auto-corrects any attempts to use accents to the regular letter without spitting an error.

Anyone else seeing their scroll without the background image today?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2ad1090a315e783ffcc641ca9774b042.png

My scroll and all view pages, etc. that have the "cave" background look like this.

The biomes all have their usual background.

Edit: And I just discovered that when I go to someone else's scroll or the view page of their dragons, it displays normally.

What is going on? Any ideas?

Edited by purplehaze

It's just you. (I tried my own in three browsers, logged in (I usually use St Pat's) and logged out - all normal.

Well, I restarted my computer for an unrelated issue and it seems to be fixed now.

I've been having an issue with images not loading in ALL fansites (ie DragHatch, DDF, AoND, etc) for a few weeks now. I was hoping it would clear up on its own, but it hasn't. It only happens in Chrome (Edge Internet Explorer and Firefox are fine), and I'm on a laptop (not mobile). ETA: MS Edge is having the exact same problem. I've cleared my cache/cookies and restarted several times since it started happening, (edited addition:) and I tried to disable extensions.

A snip of what I see, this example from VS:

image.png.2c16aea875fa5534d405f688eef2105c.png

Could it have to do with DC thinking I'm on Safari? Any way to fix this? Here is what I see when on the Help/Referrer page when using Chrome  

image.png.519cdfb8720740da4042bb1987e5ae67.png

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Shala

alot

Edited by Shala
ETA: extension info

On 10/2/2020 at 7:04 AM, orphaned said:

when will the     change sort order    be fixed ... again  ??  only the grid sort is still functional.

the sorting is still inconsistent  ,,  when it works at all.  VERY frustrating ...   any hint ?s .. other than cleaning etc which is done almost daily

1 hour ago, Shala said:

I've been having an issue with images not loading in ALL fansites (ie DragHatch, DDF, AoND, etc) for a few weeks now. I was hoping it would clear up on its own, but it hasn't. It only happens in Chrome (Edge and Firefox are fine), and I'm on a laptop (not mobile). I've cleared my cache/cookies and restarted several times since it started happening.

A snip of what I see, this example from VS:

image.png.2c16aea875fa5534d405f688eef2105c.png

Could it have to do with DC thinking I'm on Safari? Any way to fix this? Here is what I see when on the Help/Referrer page when using Chrome  

Cheers!

Shala

alot

Hmmm, weird... I don't use chrome, so I can't say for sure, but do you maybe have an extension on Chrome installed that's messing with how the hatchery APIs grab images from DC? 

2 minutes ago, Paintra said:

Hmmm, weird... I don't use chrome, so I can't say for sure, but do you maybe have an extension on Chrome installed that's messing with how the hatchery APIs grab images from DC? 

After doing some troubleshooting early on, I disabled all my extensions to see if that was the problem, but it didn't fix it. 😕 Thanks for the thought, though!

1 minute ago, Shala said:

After doing some troubleshooting early on, I disabled all my extensions to see if that was the problem, but it didn't fix it. 😕 Thanks for the thought, though!

How weird! Maybe some people who use Chrome have experienced this issue before and can offer you some better help?

5 hours ago, Shala said:

This is very odd.  DC thinks Microsoft Edge (which I've been using) is Safari, and it also thinks Google Chrome is Safari?  Does it correctly identify any web browsers?

I loaded up a fansite in Chrome, and everything displayed fine there.  Which means it's definitely not consistent.

Do you have that display problem just with fansites, or do you also have it when you look at sprites directly on DC itself?  (The abandoned page, your scroll, other people's scrolls...)

Obvious question: how long has it been since you installed updates?  If installing updates broke the images, that would probably explain part of the problem.

24 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

This is very odd.  DC thinks Microsoft Edge (which I've been using) is Safari, and it also thinks Google Chrome is Safari?  Does it correctly identify any web browsers?

I'm using Firefox and it doesn't seem to think that is Safari. At least I don't have that message.

2 hours ago, Pilauli said:

I loaded up a fansite in Chrome, and everything displayed fine there.  Which means it's definitely not consistent.

Do you have that display problem just with fansites, or do you also have it when you look at sprites directly on DC itself?  (The abandoned page, your scroll, other people's scrolls...)

Obvious question: how long has it been since you installed updates?  If installing updates broke the images, that would probably explain part of the problem.

Firefox (for me) doesn't identify a browser on the referrer page, I only get the 'Referrers are enabled.' message. Interesting note, I also get the 'Safari' ID on Edge now, and have the same problem on fansites. I may have tested on Explorer last time (yes, I still have it on my laptop :rolleyes:). Edited my original post to include Edge.

Only fansites are affected, every page WITHIN DC and the forum works perfectly fine, and no other problems with any other non-DC sites (that I've noticed).

And yes, there was a Chrome update at the time, so that surely caused it - I just don't know why, or how to fix it, or why it seems to only be affecting me. :unsure: That was another reason I waited, to see if anyone else reported the same issue.

Thanks for your thoughts! Hopefully it will help shed some light.

Edited by Shala

It looks like there may be ways to revert updates?

https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/7125792?hl=en

Of course, if you just want it to work without fuss, not fussing with it and using a different browser unless/until Chrome releases another update that fixes that problem would probably be easier.

Bringing it to TJ's attention with a dedicated help thread probably wouldn't be a bad idea either.  Not confident enough on these matters to give advice there.

Very odd situation.

22 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

It looks like there may be ways to revert updates?

https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/7125792?hl=en

Of course, if you just want it to work without fuss, not fussing with it and using a different browser unless/until Chrome releases another update that fixes that problem would probably be easier.

Bringing it to TJ's attention with a dedicated help thread probably wouldn't be a bad idea either.  Not confident enough on these matters to give advice there.

Very odd situation.

Yep, trying to avoid fuss, so I've been using FF for my fansite viewing/usage. It's just been going on for long enough to make me wonder.

I was wondering if it might be a TJ question (since the Referrer page is inaccurate), but not confident enough about that, either. If it's just me, it's not worth the trouble. Mostly just wanted to see if anyone else might be having similar issues, or if there was a known solution. If a mod wants to split it out into a new thread, I wouldn't be opposed.

Thanks, you've got me thinking/troubleshooting on it again! ^_^ 

Edited by Shala

DC thinks I'm using safari when I access using chrome / chromuim / chromeOS. For the last few days, it's also decided I'm not sending referers on any of those browsers (and as such can't grab AP eggs). Chromium/ChromeOS started immediately, Chrome itself was ok for a day or so. I tried messing with the referrer settings to no avail, so I also assume that it's something in a recent update that's changed, Interestingly I have no issues on mobile Chrome.

approximately how much time does it take to obtain a trophy after you've obtained the amount properly needed for it? it's been at least a full day and a half since i've obtained the necessary amount of dragons for bronze, and i assumed it would be immediately rewarded upon completion. is there any reason it isn't?