Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

On 9/27/2020 at 10:49 PM, Jenneta said:

I was away for awhile too, and have been back for a month or so now and from what I've seen, 2g tinselkins and 2g shimmerkins are the hot ticket. I think since the Market opened and has been opened for some time now, the value of a CB Gold has went down some, as I haven't seen those be as viable in trading as I did in 2018 (when I left), when the Market was still relatively new. But I've also feel like I've seen an increase in Neglecteds and I've seen some people ask for (can't think of a specific example sadly at the moment) eggs of a little lower rarity than I expected. But from my experience in general, 2g prizekins are the hot ticket. :)

On 9/27/2020 at 11:02 PM, purplehaze said:

I have seen trades asking for 1 or two CB Gold or even Silver. CB Staterae seem to be the rarest thing right now and would probably trade 1 for 1 with Neglecteds. A lot depends on the individual trader.

23 hours ago, Terces said:

CB Staterae are definitely the most wanted thing for trading these days. Neglecteds in general are still traded for CB Golds and Silvers as well (looks like the current trades expect multiples if offering CB Metals), but almost everyone wants CB Staterae due to how hard they are to find after release. Other rarities like amazing codes are still highly desirable, most folks who are good at making NDs tend to have all the CB stuff they really want so one-of-a-kind coded dragons have a special appeal. The only former 'rare' thing I've noticed actually falling out of favor are Prizes - even 2nd gens don't seem to command anything like they used to unless you have a rare combo (like a purebred Prize). I won a Tinsel back in March and all her offspring either grow up on my scroll or are gifted away/raffled cause I can never find a swap for them.

Thank you all, now I have a better idea. 

6 minutes ago, Elery. said:

Thank you all, now I have a better idea. 

Not a problem! :) As I've read the other responses, I will say that I may have been misremembering what I've seen! I also forgot about the CB Staterae's. 🤣 But I still kinda stand by what I said that I do think that with the market the viability of the Golds/Silvers have gone down just a tiny bit and agree with what the others said that more and more people are looking for multiple CB golds/silvers more so than just a 1:1 like they used to be. :) Good luck on your quest, though! I hope you find a neglected! :D

is anyone else having trouble loading Dragon Cave right now? It's taking forever to load and then I get a "This cite can't be reached" message.

11 minutes ago, Syiren said:

is anyone else having trouble loading Dragon Cave right now? It's taking forever to load and then I get a "This cite can't be reached" message.

Nope, no problem here. Could be an issue on the route between your location and DC?

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

Nope, no problem here. Could be an issue on the route between your location and DC?

according to someone on the discord, "quite some people" are having issues with it. The page keeps trying to load and some dragons appear sometimes, but other times I get missing images or just plain letters where the images should be.

18 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I'm having some trouble too. Maybe it has to do with the Raffle drawing, or its just some random lag monster xD

But yeah, I'm experiencing the same since like 20 minutes ago.

12 minutes ago, Syiren said:

"quite some people"

Doesn't mean that you all can't be hanging on the wrong side of the same Gordian Knot that popped up somewhere on the web. Seeing that you're all online at the same time, you all may at least be in the same time zone.

"Fun" fact: the site itself works fine for me, but the forums just timed out on me.

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Doesn't mean that you all can't be hanging on the wrong side of the same Gordian Knot that popped up somewhere on the web. Seeing that you're all online at the same time, you all may at least be in the same time zone.

"Fun" fact: the site itself works fine for me, but the forums just timed out on me.

considering my time zone syncs up perfectly with cavetime I don't know how many might be online at 3ish am. But, if you're on at the same time as well then wouldn't that theory affect you too? I don't know how signals and networking works. I ain't super tech savy. All I know is my cookies and cache are clear and everything else works fine. Forums, youtube, steam, discord, etc.

10 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Well, it wasn't working fine for me. I just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issue. It is definitely not a traffic issue because mine worked just fine on the night of the new releases. It isn't my own internet because I have the gigabit speed internet. All my other websites work fine. 

I was just wondering if maybe the site was doing maintenance or something.

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I don't count, I'm at work XD I shouldn't even be here.

Shhh, I won't tell. promise. ;):D

24 minutes ago, screwygirl said:

Well, it wasn't working fine for me. I just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issue. It is definitely not a traffic issue because mine worked just fine on the night of the new releases. It isn't my own internet because I have the gigabit speed internet. All my other websites work fine. 

I was just wondering if maybe the site was doing maintenance or something.

Try a ping ? Quite often there's a knot somewhere which only affects some people.

In Windows type “cmd” into the search box, select cmd.exe . At the prompt, type “ping” along with the URL or IP address you want to ping, and then hit Enter. You may find it hangs horribly somewhere. (Mine is superfast this morning.)

Question:

Does unsuccessful vampire bite count as an intentional kill? I sometimes kill my dragons to make a Zombie Army, and I noticed that my available kills dropped from 4 to 2 after two eggs died from a vampire bite. Is this intended, or is it a bug?

just wondering if there is a way to check on eggs/owner  left for full 3 days in HUB ... wants offered are what is asked

but still no action at all..... hope the member is okay

also, am glad the near perfect cb vamp egg was not accepted in trade .. accidentally offered it   phew

1 hour ago, orphaned said:

just wondering if there is a way to check on eggs/owner  left for full 3 days in HUB ... wants offered are what is asked

but still no action at all..... hope the member is okay

also, am glad the near perfect cb vamp egg was not accepted in trade .. accidentally offered it   phew

If you know the fourm name you could pm them. Otherwise you're out of luck. Some people put trades up so infrequently they forget they did so and dont check them

41 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

If you know the fourm name you could pm them. Otherwise you're out of luck. Some people put trades up so infrequently they forget they did so and dont check them

thanks ..

I'm wondering if someone can help me. A while back there was a thread about  filling in your encyclopedia & I noticed there's a new undead dragon I need to unlock, but I've forgotten what the thread was called. I believe it had a link to a spread sheet where you could go & click on the links that were there to unlock the images. Thanks in advance for any help! :D

9 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

I'm wondering if someone can help me. A while back there was a thread about  filling in your encyclopedia & I noticed there's a new undead dragon I need to unlock, but I've forgotten what the thread was called. I believe it had a link to a spread sheet where you could go & click on the links that were there to unlock the images. Thanks in advance for any help! :D

Zombies are here:

Any other Encyclopedia help is here:

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Zombies are here:

Any other Encyclopedia help is here:

Ruby, thank you so much! That's exactly what I was looking for! :D

9 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Is there a list of lindwyrms?

The wiki has a category for them :)

What's the best way a newbie like me can get their dirty hands on a Magi dragon? I really want to trade.

Edit: Thank you to the gifters.

Edited by MeHasToe