Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Your dragons need to be all grown up (or frozen) as long as they're still growing they won't count ;)

One of my Aeon Wyverns now seems to have different coloring from all the rest.  See https://dragcave.net/view/jBSOE  It's got little blue streaks all over it.  I thought initially it might be a Halloween thing, but none of the others look like that.  And other breeds don't seem to have changed.  Anyone know what is going on?

@free_of_whip That is what happens after you use its BSA, precognition. The sprite changes directly after you use it and it stays that way until the cooldown period ends (one week later).

On 10/12/2020 at 7:45 AM, Pilauli said:

This is very odd.  DC thinks Microsoft Edge (which I've been using) is Safari, and it also thinks Google Chrome is Safari?  Does it correctly identify any web browsers?

I was using Edge and it says I'm using Safari, too. O_o 

I tried a random mobile browser and it doesn't say anything.

2 hours ago, love_HP said:

I was using Edge and it says I'm using Safari, too. O_o 

I tried a random mobile browser and it doesn't say anything.

The reason it thinks edge is Safari, is because Edge is a variation of Chromium, which is the open-source version of chrome. If memory serves, I think Opera is the same? They're all largely the same browser now, bar Safari and Firefox.

5 minutes ago, dracocharky said:

The reason it thinks edge is Safari, is because Edge is a variation of Chromium, which is the open-source version of chrome.

Wouldn't that mean Dragcave should think it's Chrome instead of Safari?

where in your browser does it tell you what DC thinks you're using? i'm using Chrome on a Chromebook, so now i'm curious. XD 

8 minutes ago, trystan said:

where in your browser does it tell you what DC thinks you're using? i'm using Chrome on a Chromebook, so now i'm curious. XD 

It's on the Help page, under "Troubleshooting/Referrers": 

image.png.2eb309993329bffb099f53376f8ba18b.png

Hope this helps! ^_^ (I'm curious, too!)

Edited by Shala

12 minutes ago, Shala said:

Hope this helps! ^_^ (I'm curious, too!)

it helps, and i'm amused:

You appear to be using Safari. 

errm.... i'm using Chrome.  on a Chromebook! XD 

Fun fact: I just tested on a borrowed device in Safari, and get just "Referrers are enabled. You should not experience any referrer-related errors." XD

54 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Fun fact: I just tested on a borrowed device in Safari, and get just "Referrers are enabled. You should not experience any referrer-related errors." XD

that is what i get on firefox so maybe its a chrome thing? 😲

tomorrow when i'm in the office on my Win7/Firefox computer, i'll see what it says then. (i could also try my Edge too... just for giggles)

Edited by trystan

Can two headed dragons and pygmy dragons be zombified?  Thanks.  

10 minutes ago, Classycal said:

Can two headed dragons and pygmy dragons be zombified?  Thanks.  

Yes. There are actually several different zombie varieties of each.

Regular Pygmy

Pygmy Eastern

Pygmy Wyrm

Pygmy Lindwyrm

Pygmy Wyvern

Regular Two-head

Two-headed Lyndwyrm'

Two-headed Eastern

Two-headed Sea Serpent

8 hours ago, dragonpuck said:

that is what i get on firefox so maybe its a chrome thing? 😲

On my main browser, I get the message that I'm using Safari. I don't HAVE Safari, and I'm using Opera. I have other browsers. I get the same message - that I am using Safari - in: Vivaldi, Brave, and Chrome. Firefox and Pale Moon just say referrers are enabled, and don't tell me what I'm using.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I think something in Chrome-based browsers changed, and the referrer check runs into that and gives an outdated message.

Rather than having this buried in here, this sounds like it could be worth a thread of its own. Plenty of evidence has been collected, now it's time to get the big boss's attention about it, eh?

I'm using Chrome and it says I'm using Safari.  

at work - Windows 7:

Firefox: the line isn't even there on my computer

Edge says i'm using Safari

the old version i have of IE also doesn't have the line either.

:blink:

Edited by trystan
to add stuff

1 hour ago, trystan said:

at work - Windows 7:

Firefox: the line isn't even there on my computer

Edge says i'm using Safari

the old version i have of IE also doesn't have the line either.

:blink:

on Windows 10, I get the same results - IE and FF don't specify (I'm assuming that means they're correct, so no message needed), Edge and Chrome are showing as Safari, and those are the two where fansite images are not loading for me.

ETA: Also, Edge was loading images on fansites within the past few weeks, because I used the ND AR there, so it must have been updated at some point recently, just like Chrome.

Edited by Shala

25 minutes ago, Shala said:

Edge and Chrome are showing as Safari, and those are the two where fansite images are not loading for me.

ETA: Also, Edge was loading images on fansites within the past few weeks, because I used the ND AR there, so it must have been updated at some point recently, just like Chrome.

i've been using 6 or 7 fansites - 4 normally, the other 2 or 3 when i have an ER egg - on my chromebook for... many moons now, and the only time one didn't work for me, Egg Drop Soup was having its own issues.

that is weird for you though

I hatched a Glory Drake when the site said that it was night time, but it's a Day Glory. :wacko: Does that not matter and it's only certain hours?

20 minutes ago, GalacticSketch said:

I hatched a Glory Drake when the site said that it was night time, but it's a Day Glory. :wacko: Does that not matter and it's only certain hours?

Glory Drakes are determined on when you grab/breed the egg, not when you hatch it! :)

19 minutes ago, Paintra said:

Glory Drakes are determined on when you grab/breed the egg, not when you hatch it! :)

Oh that's right! Thank you!:)