Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

is there a way others can see all the groups on my Groups page, or is that a page only i can see?

Edited by trystan

4 minutes ago, trystan said:

is there a way others can see all the groups on my Groups page, or is that a page only i can see?

You can highlight four. Maybe your signature for the others?

i've got my 4 highlighted already (i can has moar?)  ....and that's a lot for my sig!  it's no biggie, i was just curious.

Edited by trystan
proofread first, then post..... again *sigh*

Yeah, I also found it tough being limited to only 4 highlighted groups. XD I added the other public groups to my profile personally.

6 hours ago, trystan said:

i've got my 4 highlighted already (i can has moar?)  ....and that's a lot for my sig!  it's no biggie, i was just 

I saw a scroll sometime ago where one of the highlighted groups was named 'all my groups' or something. The names of the dragons in this group were the links to the other puplic groups of the scroll owner.

Maybe that's something to give a try?

1 hour ago, rinoa26 said:

I saw a scroll sometime ago where one of the highlighted groups was named 'all my groups' or something.

I'm not sure if I was the first one, but I did that. :) 

It's not perfect because people have to type (or copy-paste) the group links manually, but at least it's a way to "highlight" some additional groups.

(Some day I want to use hatchlings of a relevant breed wherever possible, just like the one named "135968 - Frozen Xenos" is a frozen Xeno itself.)

7 hours ago, rinoa26 said:

I saw a scroll sometime ago where one of the highlighted groups was named 'all my groups' or something. The names of the dragons in this group were the links to the other puplic groups of the scroll owner.

Maybe that's something to give a try?

5 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

I'm not sure if I was the first one, but I did that. :) 

It's not perfect because people have to type (or copy-paste) the group links manually, but at least it's a way to "highlight" some additional groups.

ooh, something else to give a try! thank you both  :)

where's the thread that you can ask if a dragon name is appropriate? I can't find it. thanks

58 minutes ago, w0rmg0d said:

where's the thread that you can ask if a dragon name is appropriate? I can't find it. thanks

In Site Discussion:

My housemate just dragged me online because he said "something really weird is happening." Apparently he'd just experienced some kind of error on the site and once it came back, it was showing 308 users viewing the AP and "5623 users online."  I'm seeing similarly bizarrely-high numbers, too, but just in the AP and the overall count; Biome numbers appear to be normal. Is DC possibly getting hit by a DDOS?

Edit: Numbers appear to have dropped down to normal levels now.

Edited by Ardath Rekha

Has fertility stopped holding up for ever ? I'm doing a project where there are two males alternating, and every time I've bred one, I THOUGHT I had carefully gone in and purpled it to be ready for next time. I went to do that just now - and BOTH males showed up available to be purpled. This happened last week too, but I thought I'd just forgotten to do it.... but two weeks in a row... Anyone ?

You aren't just a pretty face. :D

One moment.

OK - I am indeed insane. :blush: I have just done them BOTH again, and we shall see !

Hello. I have been away for a while and was wondering what is the going value for a negected dragon now? I know it depens on what the person is needing most but are 1 or 2 CB Gold eggs still acceptable or is there a different breed being seeked more? Just trying to get an idea.

1 hour ago, Elery. said:

Hello. I have been away for a while and was wondering what is the going value for a negected dragon now? I know it depens on what the person is needing most but are 1 or 2 CB Gold eggs still acceptable or is there a different breed being seeked more? Just trying to get an idea.

I was away for awhile too, and have been back for a month or so now and from what I've seen, 2g tinselkins and 2g shimmerkins are the hot ticket. I think since the Market opened and has been opened for some time now, the value of a CB Gold has went down some, as I haven't seen those be as viable in trading as I did in 2018 (when I left), when the Market was still relatively new. But I've also feel like I've seen an increase in Neglecteds and I've seen some people ask for (can't think of a specific example sadly at the moment) eggs of a little lower rarity than I expected. But from my experience in general, 2g prizekins are the hot ticket. :)

I have seen trades asking for 1 or two CB Gold or even Silver. CB Staterae seem to be the rarest thing right now and would probably trade 1 for 1 with Neglecteds. A lot depends on the individual trader.

CB Staterae are definitely the most wanted thing for trading these days. Neglecteds in general are still traded for CB Golds and Silvers as well (looks like the current trades expect multiples if offering CB Metals), but almost everyone wants CB Staterae due to how hard they are to find after release. Other rarities like amazing codes are still highly desirable, most folks who are good at making NDs tend to have all the CB stuff they really want so one-of-a-kind coded dragons have a special appeal. The only former 'rare' thing I've noticed actually falling out of favor are Prizes - even 2nd gens don't seem to command anything like they used to unless you have a rare combo (like a purebred Prize). I won a Tinsel back in March and all her offspring either grow up on my scroll or are gifted away/raffled cause I can never find a swap for them.

Why is there a Spriters Alt Sakuhana in the Wild? 😭 And how many other Spriter Alts are Wild? I just saw someones lineage and it threw me off. 

~Thanks for the responses 🙂. I was super curious since that was such a new dragon

Edited by emetib92

If it's alted and in the wild, it was probably released by the spriter. Maybe they quit DC, some people release their dragons when they don't plan on coming back.

Wild spriter alts are extremely rare though, since once TJ gives the artist their specific alts - I don't believe they can ask for him to do so again. It seems to be a 'one and done' action. Snow Angel alts might be different as they are scroll coded.

Last year the artist released both sakus after breeding one or both to the ap to pick up some regulars. I think they originally intended to keep one to have one of each but changed their mind. There's one omen that's wild too but I think that's it as far as I know? Most people don't toss their dragons when they quit because they know they might come back. Also it just takes forever.

I remember being curious and noticing one (not all) of the snow angel artists has All the snow angels on their scroll as salts, so I'm not sure its as one and done as we might think. Marri has a couple bred pumpkins alted too. Could've knocked me over when I came across one of those lol. 

Edited by Tinibree

Marri's non-CB pumpkin alts are because when the pumpkins were released, there was no such thing as Spriter alts - that only happened with the later release of the Snow Angels (which was a surprise to their artists as well). So all her pumpkins were normal sprites, until a later time (2013?) when she made an alt version for them. As I mentioned, TJ swaps the holiday sprites all at once, so all pumpkins on her scroll when he did that were turned into alts at the same time, CB or not. Any pumpkins she got after that switch were all normal. So I do believe it is a one-and-done action - otherwise artists could ask TJ to turn their respective holiday releases into alts each year they acquire more, which as far as I know has not happened.

Snow Angels are a special circumstance, they weren't intended to have Spriter alts at all and it was a surprise gift from TJ. They have special rules that no other holiday has, and thus their alts have different rules compared to other spriter alts. Dis has one Angel, a CB alt. IIRC Jazi has two Angels: 1 CB, 1 bred, both alts. TAE has many Angels both CB and bred and all of them are alts. They are scroll coded and their artists cannot get any of the other versions, only the alts, so I'd say they are still one-and-done as TJ just needed to code their scrolls once for it.

Can earthquake be used more than once on a batch of eggs? I just used earthquake and all my eggs were unaffected. Would I theoretically be able to use another green dragon to try again? Or is that not possible? 

1 minute ago, Jazeki said:

Can earthquake be used more than once on a batch of eggs? I just used earthquake and all my eggs were unaffected. Would I theoretically be able to use another green dragon to try again? Or is that not possible? 

As far as I know, you can try as often as you have available Green Dragons.

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

As far as I know, you can try as often as you have available Green Dragons.

Thank you!