Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 minute ago, MeHasToe said:

What's the best way a newbie like me can get their dirty hands on a Magi dragon? I really want to trade.

Watch the ap for orange eggs, or I could breed you one if you'd like.

3 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

Watch the ap for orange eggs, or I could breed you one if you'd like.

I don't know how much trouble it is to ask for you to do so, I guess if you really want to. Thanks for the tip.

To that end, is there any actual reason that a core gameplay mechanic like trading is locked behind having some random dragon? It sure was a novelty when it first happened, and Magi are common enough that it's not too much of an issue, but... seriously, it's weird.

I wouldn't really say trading is a 'core mechanic'.... Many people can and do play DC with no trading at all. I did, for many many years. There are no dragons you can only get through trading, for example. Trading is optional. That said, I wouldn't mind if it was a 'regular' action...

imo, the instant something gets a big link in the DC header it becomes a core mechanic or at least feature, but that's the game dev in me speaking.

1 hour ago, Keileon said:

imo, the instant something gets a big link in the DC header it becomes a core mechanic or at least feature, but that's the game dev in me speaking.

Probably because a. Before that people had an unofficial way by ap bouncing and b. Magis were cave blockers at the time. But yes, now that people hoard them it's much more difficult.

when will the     change sort order    be fixed ... again  ??  only the grid sort is still functional.

Little question for any prize owners here since I didn't know where else to put it.

I'm a new prize owner and I added my Tinsel to one clicksite, but she's racked up 5k views which is way more than any of the other lowtime eggs I added.

Just wondering if anyone's had their eggs in the past added to multiple clicksites by people attempting to viewbomb them, and if I should be extra-extra careful with my Tinsel. (Which I will be regardless)

When I got my prize, I just kept it in fog until near it's time to hatch before I put them in any hatching site. (And probably fog it after it hatch for abit if it had a lot of views just to be sure)

42 minutes ago, GalacticSketch said:

Little question for any prize owners here since I didn't know where else to put it.

I'm a new prize owner and I added my Tinsel to one clicksite, but she's racked up 5k views which is way more than any of the other lowtime eggs I added.

Just wondering if anyone's had their eggs in the past added to multiple clicksites by people attempting to viewbomb them, and if I should be extra-extra careful with my Tinsel. (Which I will be regardless)

Your prize is protected from sickness, so no need to worry.

Oh right! For some reason I thought that the monthly prizes could get sick, unlike the yearly ones. Thank you! 

12 hours ago, orphaned said:

when will the     change sort order    be fixed ... again  ??  only the grid sort is still functional.

If you have a bug, you should make a thread (or post in another already-posted thread about that issue) instead of an easily overlooked post here so TJ can see it easily if he only has time to skim thread titles.

1 hour ago, GalacticSketch said:

Oh right! For some reason I thought that the monthly prizes could get sick, unlike the yearly ones

Well, we don't have any yearly prizes anymore so they're basically the same thing 😛

Edited by Shadowdrake

So, I know that I can do stuff like this:

Spoiler

image.png.a8884e0ae11e616f24a226656d1f8a14.png

But is there any way to filter for a dragon that doesn't have some tag?  For example, to make a group of all CB pinks, and then to make another group that has all the CB non-pinks?

Maybe if we could filter by group ? as in #group 12345 (apologies to the owner of said group...)

Well, filtering by group wouldn't be useful for what I want to do, since I'm hoping for the equivalent of a "not" operator, but being able to filter by group would also be nice.

3 hours ago, CrystalDragon14 said:

How long does it take for a dead egg to be removed from your scroll? Its been ~3 days and it's still there..

It will be there for exactly two weeks to the minute second from the time it died.

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

It will be there for exactly two weeks to the minute second from the time it died.

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

2 minutes ago, CrystalDragon14 said:

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Because the kill cooldown is exactly 2 weeks, and your kills are limited to 5 total (though eggs or hatchlings dying from sickness don't count towards that limit, but their remnants stay for 2 weeks anyway).

It's one of the countdowns that players rely on, e.g. zombie makers. Within those 2 weeks, a killed hatchling or adult can be revived - or at least the attempt can be made. Once their tombstone is gone, that's no longer possible.

Also because - you killed it (or didn't take proper care of it) so it's a reminder of what you did.

The only time a dead egg or hatchling counts to the limit of how many you can have is if you use an action (like its own "kill" action, or another dragon's "bite" or "earthquake" actions) to kill it.

If you fog it until it dies, then it stops counting as soon as it dies.  (It spends seven days on your scroll counting toward the limit before it dies, of course, but it doesn't count as a growing dragon after it dies.)

It also doesn't use up any kill slots.  That's one thing that makes it easier to make zombie hatchlings.  If you hatch eggs on or after October 10th, and then fog the hatchlings so they die on or after October 17th, then the tombstones will stay until October 31st, which is when you're most likely to succeed at making zombies.  So you can get a maximum of 10 killed adults per Halloween (kill 5 two weeks beforehand, rez them on the morning of the 31st, kill another 5 later in the day), but you can also get, uh, I think two whole scrollfulls of hatchlings to try to revive.  Or probably more if you kill the hatchlings with too many views instead of with fog, because they wouldn't have to spend a full week on your scroll.

Alright, thanks!

Also thanks for the tip on when I should hatch my dragons, I start a bit early for some of my attempts but I will make sure remember that for for next time. :D

I keep looking at the calendar, and counting backwards from Halloween, and saying to myself, "But it's October!  I should be killing dragons!"  No, Pilauli, you need to have patience.  :rolleyes:

Just realized I should also clarify (in case it wasn't obvious) that it doesn't matter what time your hatchlings hatch, they just have to die on or after October 17th.  Obviously, if you kill them faster, then you'd have to hatch them later, otherwise their tombstones would go poof before the big day.