Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Does anyone know where I can learn more about DC’s pygmies? I’ve read the little blurb on the wiki page and have “no notes” in the encyclopedia, but is there anything more than that?

It used to be enjoyable to revisit my badges / exploits ... but now with annoying clipboard link ... not so much.

Why can't  the link be placed ABOVE the items being viewed such as Wreath, Tree , Snow Fort etc  ... it is distracting and very unattractive where it is now.

It was better before ......now it greatly detracts from enjoying the items named

If a sunrise/sunset egg has sufficiently high views to hatch, and sufficiently low time to hatch, but the time of day is neither "the sun is rising" nor "the sun is setting", the egg will not hatch until the next rising/setting time slot - correct?

1 hour ago, MessengerDragon said:

If a sunrise/sunset egg has sufficiently high views to hatch, and sufficiently low time to hatch, but the time of day is neither "the sun is rising" nor "the sun is setting", the egg will not hatch until the next rising/setting time slot - correct?

exactly right 

5 hours ago, orphaned said:

It used to be enjoyable to revisit my badges / exploits ... but now with annoying clipboard link ... not so much.

Why can't  the link be placed ABOVE the items being viewed such as Wreath, Tree , Snow Fort etc  ... it is distracting and very unattractive where it is now.

It was better before ......now it greatly detracts from enjoying the items named

Mine looks like it always has:  perfectly fine.

image.png.573acd7d5c953ed17aa32480f6ef245e.png

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Mine looks like it always has:  perfectly fine.

image.png.573acd7d5c953ed17aa32480f6ef245e.png

the above is not what was being referred to ..

what is seen when you press on wreath, for example,  is

above the wreath  is now a link ... which was NOT there before 

others have noticed the same thing >>>>> " Ever since the change I don't click my badges either. I've done it once. "

@Fuzzbucket This is what I see:

image.png.437a4f4de56c027bc12d2ed7e1188c46.png

A lot of people weren't very happy when the white link appeared at the top of our scrolls, but this is much more "in your face" than that.

Edited by purplehaze

I get the clipboard, and it's distracting.

Screenshot_20200111-075955.thumb.png.440dc739781bbc07dfdc27647b133dc1.png

Propose to put it at the bottom? The clipboard thing definitely helps to actually view someone else's tree instead of one's own because many people used to just copy/paste the URL of the page (which shows everyone only their own tree) instead of the user-specific link.

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Propose to put it at the bottom? The clipboard thing definitely helps to actually view someone else's tree instead of one's own because many people used to just copy/paste the URL of the page (which shows everyone only their own tree) instead of the user-specific link.

Yes - got it now; I suppose that's why it's there. But yes, I hate it altogether; I'd rather not see it at all. I dislike all these link boxes that have shown up lately.

I saw someone's scroll (can't remember whose) and they had a slew of Upside Down Mints. 

I have already forgotten how it worked, but I thought we only had one opportunity to get one Upside Down Mint yearly? Or am I mistaken? 

I would love a slew of Upside Down Mints ... I have a lovely Shimmer who needs a mate. :P

Edited by missy_

9 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I saw someone's scroll (can't remember whose) and they had a slew of Upside Down Mints. 

I have already forgotten how it worked, but I thought we only had one opportunity to get one Upside Down Mint yearly? Or am I mistaken? 

I would love a slew of Upside Down Mints ... I have a lovely Shimmer who needs a mate. :P

They were transferable the first year.

Oh! How nice. Thank you; good to know.

Fingers crossed that feature returns. :) (And that the Upside Down Mints return as well!) 

@missy_  they are also catchable from the AP, even if they're no longer transferable! If you have time and speed you can grab at least a few extra; they show upside down in the AP so it's obvious (well, they did last time).

@missy_ - I have a lot of Flipped Mints despite never having been successful in the event - I stalked the AP for 'em, and I have fast reflexes...

On 1/11/2020 at 8:00 AM, Lagie said:

I get the clipboard, and it's distracting.

Screenshot_20200111-075955.thumb.png.440dc739781bbc07dfdc27647b133dc1.png

whatever device you are using ... at least does NOT CHOP OFF THE TOP  of the item being viewed or leave no space 

I finally figure out how to do these things . and the link has uglified my treasures 

image.png.53292261cbd1674a497f4e3b045d7558.png

having had little success with my first event .. see below ... I am MORE than miffed at the     IMHO     unnecessary change  which is annoying  ( as is  the added link in top of  3 others )

the aesthetics displease me greatly

image.png.cba3ed5ab081e0f482b69da9ebd44c03.png

Hi, i have one a little bit of stupid question. Is there a holiday ( or what ever its called ) biome for the Valentine eggs, like it was for the Christmas ones? I will be really happy if there is a way to get CB's from the past years Valentine day.

Edited by Alesita

20 minutes ago, orphaned said:

IMHO     unnecessary change

It's not unnecessary, actually. Many people posted just https://dragcave.net/holidays16 instead of their user-specific link when asked for their house design, just because they copied the ONLY address available back then - the one in the URL bar. Unfortunately, this leads to everyone only seeing their own house instead of the one they wanted to see.

You either need to get shown the trick how to manually modify the link to show your own house to OTHERs, or figure it out yourself, and even then the forum autolinking "feature" made this somewhat tiresome. Getting the correct link presented with each event is actually very helpful for sharing.

The placement/styling of it, on the other hand, could use some improvement. Post a suggestion?

2 minutes ago, Alesita said:

Hi, i have one a little bit of stupid question. Is there a holiday ( or what ever its called ) biome for the Valentine eggs, like it was for the Christmas ones?

Yes.

7 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It's not unnecessary, actually. Many people posted just https://dragcave.net/holidays16 instead of their user-specific link when asked for their house design, just because they copied the ONLY address available back then - the one in the URL bar. Unfortunately, this leads to everyone only seeing their own house instead of the one they wanted to see.

You either need to get shown the trick how to manually modify the link to show your own house to OTHERs, or figure it out yourself, and even then the forum autolinking "feature" made this somewhat tiresome. Getting the correct link presented with each event is actually very helpful for sharing.

The placement/styling of it, on the other hand, could use some improvement. Post a suggestion?

I already did ... shortly after mentioning my frustration

What's the current status of Earthquake?  Do dead eggs from earthquake act as killed eggs and therefore take up an egg slot?  Do they count against your maximum kill total?  I remember how it worked before my break but now I've seen a few different explanations.

They count as kills and thus take an eggslot each for 24 hours.

6 hours ago, WereJace said:

What's the current status of Earthquake?  Do dead eggs from earthquake act as killed eggs and therefore take up an egg slot?  Do they count against your maximum kill total?  I remember how it worked before my break but now I've seen a few different explanations.

They do not count against your kill limit. They just take up an egg slot for 24 hours.

Sorry! I was apparently wrong about that.

Edited by purplehaze

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

They do not count against your kill limit.

When was that changed?