Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I may be wrong. I haven't used it in forever. I thought it was the same as Vampire bites and the Vamp bite that just killed an egg on my scroll didn't count toward my kill limit -- unless something else came off simultaneously, but it shouldn't have because they were all Dec 31 kills for undead attempts.

"Just?" The only dead egg I see on your scroll died on 8th of January - your definition of "just" does not match mine XD

As soon as I get room, I'll do some biting to test - I'm pretty sure Bite DOES count towards the kill limit - it still did so in December last year, as far as I recall.

Bite did count the last time I used it. Just a sec.... (catch catch catch bite DEAD)

OK can confirm. I bit; I killed; I lost a kill slot.

On 1/11/2020 at 8:41 PM, Shadowdrake said:

@missy_  they are also catchable from the AP, even if they're no longer transferable! If you have time and speed you can grab at least a few extra; they show upside down in the AP so it's obvious (well, they did last time).

On 1/12/2020 at 8:34 AM, Amazon_warrior said:

@missy_ - I have a lot of Flipped Mints despite never having been successful in the event - I stalked the AP for 'em, and I have fast reflexes...

Thank you both! Maybe I will get lucky in the AP this year (if the event returns). 

I have a question about reviewing user descriptions. If I open Account/Review User Descriptions and then close it without having performed any action on whatever dragon description is showing, (i.e., not choosing approve, reject, or abstain), will that description be presented to me at some point in the future for review?  Or do we only get one view per pending description?

I am wondering about how one starts and stops the review process--if one leaves while on a dragon page, I am hoping the page will display in the future for review. :)

Thanks for any clarification. :)

ETA: I may have answered my own question. It looks like once we return to Review User Descriptions that the same dragon appears that was previously shown (as long as we haven't chosen Approve, Reject, or Abstain). 

Edited by missy_

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

ETA: I may have answered my own question. It looks like once we return to Review User Descriptions that the same dragon appears that was previously shown (as long as we haven't chosen Approve, Reject, or Abstain). 

Usually, yes, unless another description is submitted. Then you may get the new one but you'll eventually get the other one back.

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

"Just?" The only dead egg I see on your scroll died on 8th of January - your definition of "just" does not match mine XD

As soon as I get room, I'll do some biting to test - I'm pretty sure Bite DOES count towards the kill limit - it still did so in December last year, as far as I recall.

XD Well, it is still within the time that it would count toward a kill slot, no? I must have miscounted my Dec. 31st kills, then, but I could have sworn my remaining kill slots didn't change when that egg died. I stand corrected. Sorry.

Is anyone else's "Recently Used" emojis on the forum no longer there? Is this a glitch or intentional change? I miss having the ones I like to use at the top...

@StormBirdRising They're silver right now, I think they turn gold tomorrow. :)

Edited by Aqub

11 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Is anyone else's "Recently Used" emojis on the forum no longer there? Is this a glitch or intentional change? I miss having the ones I like to use at the top...

Yep! That feature disappeared recently. Now if I want to use one of them I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list! (Because those old DC ones are almost the only ones I ever use!)

9 hours ago, StormBirdRising said:

Anyone know what color Lunar Herald is dropping at this time? Thx.

The Lunar icon in my sig leads to a calender that predicts Lunar colours, if you'd like to bookmark that - pinkgothic built it :)

Hello once again! How to make a link into the text? I have my scroll link which I need to turn into a text, to look nicer, but it would still link to my scroll. Thank you 😃

You click on the symbol that looks like a lying 8 (or infinity symbol) above the field where you insert the text.

pic.png

Then you get a pop up  that looks like this, where you enter the link and the text. That's all.

pic.png

Edited by Astreya

15 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

The Lunar icon in my sig leads to a calender that predicts Lunar colours, if you'd like to bookmark that - pinkgothic built it :)

Thank you so much :)

On 1/13/2020 at 6:10 PM, Aqub said:

@StormBirdRising They're silver right now, I think they turn gold tomorrow. :)

On 1/13/2020 at 6:24 PM, purplehaze said:

Yep! That feature disappeared recently. Now if I want to use one of them I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list! (Because those old DC ones are almost the only ones I ever use!)

Yes, same thing has happened to me. Recently used default emoticons are not appearing. Have to manually scroll down to them.

Also @StormBirdRising, Daily Dragon Fix has a Lunar Herald tracker that can go into a signature and shows the current LH color. (I have it in my sig.) :) Current LH color is also on their website under Variant Toolbox.

ETA: Here is the link to view the Lunar Herald calendar:

Lunar Herald Calendar

Edited by missy_

I'm coming back after a reasonably long hiatus, and I seem to recall the Stone dragon having dimorphism.  Was this my imagination?

Yup, they never had dimorphism. Maybe you remember that breeding two Stones can yield either a Stone or a Geode?

18 hours ago, Suzaku said:

I'm coming back after a reasonably long hiatus, and I seem to recall the Stone dragon having dimorphism.  Was this my imagination?

To add to what Astreya said, if you're ever curious, the wiki page for each dragon has a little table showing all the old sprites previously used on the site. Just in case you ever wonder about things like this!

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Stone_Dragon#Sprites_No_Longer_In-Use

On 1/15/2020 at 5:58 AM, Suzaku said:

They didn't, alas. That said, if you were around for when Ascension sprites were discussed in public, you might be remembering ascended Stones from that thread? ...maybe there even was one in the La Femme project while that was public; I sadly don't remember if there were dimorphic Stones in there that ultimately didn't make it onto the site!

(Heck, I myself sometimes get my wires crossed with La Femme. I spent a while confused about the male Purple sprite cited as an 'old sprite' in the fandom wiki, since I indeed remembered seeing it, but! It was only ever in that thread, not on the site itself. It took other oldies telling me that a few times before I accepted it. XD)

Is there a way to put my tree on the top of my scrool, whit out change the Default order of my dragons?

Use manual custom sort, and give it a negative number.

If you don't want the growing stuff to go above it, make sure NOT to check that option after you save..

Is there a way to retrieve eggs from the AP that are under the displayed time?

Example: The AP currently shows eggs at 5 days 8 hours to 5 days 10 hours.

What if I wanted to retrieve an egg lower than 5 days? Is it not possible?

I bred a few lineages to be randomly picked up at the AP and am worried the ones that didn’t get picked up (no clicks / views) will die (despite them being pixel dragons 😅). But, if there’s no way, then at least now I’ll know the risks / consequences of breeding for the AP.

10 minutes ago, Solaries said:

Is there a way to retrieve eggs from the AP that are under the displayed time?

Example: The AP currently shows eggs at 5 days 8 hours to 5 days 10 hours.

What if I wanted to retrieve an egg lower than 5 days? Is it not possible?

No, because they'll have shown up and be picked up already. People inevitably pick up eggs that are displayed lower than the average AP time. Your dragons have probably all been grabbed already. It's up to the grabbers what they do with the eggs they pick up--some might bite them, some might neglect them purposefully, some might forget about them.

If the user has "accepting aid" in their message you can assist, but otherwise that's the risk of APing eggs. Gifting is somewhat less risky, but still not a guarantee for anything; once the egg is off your scroll it's up to the new owner to do what they want.

Edited by Shadowdrake

@Shadowdrake - Thought so. I don’t mind the biting, experimenting, etc. of what they do with the egg. Just the mere thought of the egg dying in the AP is a bit of a letdown; any egg for that matter. Thanks for letting me know though! It’s good to know for future reference.