Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

57 minutes ago, Moondragon007 said:

Help! Can anyone explain how to play the Mana Alchemy game? I seem to remember the original version was pretty easy, but this year's version doesn't have instructions. Unless they're just not showing up for me.

You're trying to get complete rows or columns of tiles which will leave mana shards on the board - tiles must go adjacent to another tile, and every adjacent tile must share either a background colour or a border colour. You want to fill the whole board with left-behind shards, though you get partial credit for filling part of the board before quitting.

3 minutes ago, FiveSix said:

You're trying to get complete rows or columns of tiles which will leave mana shards on the board - tiles must go adjacent to another tile, and every adjacent tile must share either a background colour or a border colour. You want to fill the whole board with left-behind shards, though you get partial credit for filling part of the board before quitting.

Thank you for explaining the game. I found some info on the wiki for anyone looking for additional information.

I have a question about how to collect the mana.  I didn’t fill my entire board with mana as I ran out of moves. So I clicked on quit, and it gave me some option— I forget what it was. My score had been over 600, but I believe I got 22 candy for playing.

Can one convert a partial board of mana into candy and if so how?—has anyone figured that out? Thanks in advance.

Yes. You need to click "submit mana" at the end or you get nothing.

I wish they had made the borders easier to see! I've had to resort to just mousing around till I found a spot for the tile.

Can you play the mana game on the phone? I can't do anything except discard and quit? I can't click, can't drag,... no explanation in the game... how does it work?

Not a misprint - you can keep playing, you just won't earn any more candy.

So I created a vamp egg but it was repulsed. Do y'all think it would be somewhere in the wall of holidays in AP since it's technically a holiday or is it stuck behind languishing away? Basically I want to know if it's worth me spending time hunting for it. So few of my eggs actually turn. =/

19 minutes ago, Chaosdawn said:

So I created a vamp egg but it was repulsed. Do y'all think it would be somewhere in the wall of holidays in AP since it's technically a holiday or is it stuck behind languishing away? Basically I want to know if it's worth me spending time hunting for it. So few of my eggs actually turn. =/

Since it now codes as a vampire, it's probably behind the holiday wall.

15 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Since it now codes as a vampire, it's probably behind the holiday wall.

That's what I was afraid of. =(  Thanks for the answer. 

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Not a misprint - you can keep playing, you just won't earn any more candy.

That is a lexical mistake.

I don't know what you mean ? You can play, you just won't add to your candy stash. You have earned all you can, but you are free to keep playing and not earn any more today. There is nothing wrong with the language used at all.

OH ! That's like that oldie:

image.jpeg.d7fda056d18b2680be036d54cd1b6024.jpeg

My apologies, Tenhi.

6 hours ago, snoesiepoes said:

Can you play the mana game on the phone? I can't do anything except discard and quit? I can't click, can't drag,... no explanation in the game... how does it work?

I play on my iPad. I don’t drag at all, I just click the square I want it to go into and it seems to work - no dragging needed

11 hours ago, Moondragon007 said:

Help! Can anyone explain how to play the Mana Alchemy game? I seem to remember the original version was pretty easy, but this year's version doesn't have instructions. Unless they're just not showing up for me.

The missing instructions should be showing up now.

Anyone else having trouble with the Mana Alchemy mini game?...my centre starter tile isn’t on the board, hehe. 

Quite. I hard refreshed and it seemed to settle down, but...

1 hour ago, PaganBride said:

Anyone else having trouble with the Mana Alchemy mini game?...my centre starter tile isn’t on the board, hehe. 

If you CTRL+F5 it fixes it temporarily for that game 

The baking is okay, but it is a PITA for me to collect ingredients. Do you have to make everything in order to get the pie badge? If not, I will happy glue myself to Alchemy to get candy from now on!

5 minutes ago, Tetelestai said:

The baking is okay, but it is a PITA for me to collect ingredients. Do you have to make everything in order to get the pie badge? If not, I will happy glue myself to Alchemy to get candy from now on!

no. make what you can.  if that means nothing but boiling water. then do that.  or play mana alchemy if you prefer. :)

50 minutes ago, Tetelestai said:

I don't know if the pie badge is still available, since it was a reward for the first time the game was released and 2019 has its own badge.

43 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

I don't know if the pie badge is still available, since it was a reward for the first time the game was released and 2019 has its own badge.

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

no. make what you can.  if that means nothing but boiling water. then do that.  or play mana alchemy if you prefer. :)

Thank you both! Was just checking. Think I am done with baking then! ❤️

13 hours ago, snoesiepoes said:

Yes, you can play on a phone. :) I play on my iPhone. You don't have to drag anything. Just tap the square where you want the tile to go and it will instantly appear there. If the tile cannot be placed there, you will see sort of a transparent tile, but it won't be solid like the other placed tiles. Hope that makes sense! Also, to see the full board, just scroll across with one finger. Easy peasy. 

Thanks, fuzz! I think my first game was only a partial game; I didn't "win" so didn't get the "convert mana" option. The second game I won, so was able to convert the mana. :)