Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, ComatosedRoses said:

Using Fertility on both

Doesn't help, just wastes 1 Purple for you. Breeding is only checking IF Fertility has been used, not HOW MUCH Fertility has been used.

I rarely try to breed my metals.  Decided long ago that my scroll has been programmed not to let them breed.

Generally, it's ALWAYS difficult to breed metals. I've been trying to get specific Valentine checker mates and failed Every. Single. Time.

And then I get a Silver from Guardian: https://dragcave.net/lineage/53Wp3

C'est la vie.

I used fertility on one of my new Tinsels,and then realized that, the potential partner will be able to breed after 2 days. Will the effect of purple dragon BSA stays, when the dragon is not breaded? 

18 minutes ago, Alesita said:

I used fertility on one of my new Tinsels,and then realized that, the potential partner will be able to breed after 2 days. Will the effect of purple dragon BSA stays, when the dragon is not breaded? 

My understanding is the effect will stay until the dragon is bred. There is no time limit. 

Yes - it stays until the dragon is bred. For years, if you forget to breed !  Ninjaed !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Sorry if this has been asked before, but, is there a reason why all holiday dragons are not pygmies or drakes or two-headed dragons? I was just curious when I was looking through them.

1 hour ago, Solaries said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but, is there a reason why all holiday dragons are not pygmies or drakes or two-headed dragons? I was just curious when I was looking through them.

Probably because the special breeding groups are not as popular. Artists think it would decrease their chance of getting their dragon accepted, so they skip those. Just guessing. There are fewer of them, so less breeding possibilities. Personally I would love to see a pygmy or a two-head!

I've always wondered the same thing, I think it would be pretty cool to have a new holiday dragon of a different breeding group. Maybe a new, cool looking holiday dragon within that breeding group would even make the group more popular...?

26 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Probably because the special breeding groups are not as popular. Artists think it would decrease their chance of getting their dragon accepted, so they skip those. Just guessing. There are fewer of them, so less breeding possibilities. Personally I would love to see a pygmy or a two-head!

Yeah, that makes sense. It would be nice to see a variety of “special” dragons to pair up with the normal ones.

8 minutes ago, Aqub said:

I've always wondered the same thing, I think it would be pretty cool to have a new holiday dragon of a different breeding group. Maybe a new, cool looking holiday dragon within that breeding group would even make the group more popular...?

Perhaps. I think having a new holiday dragon of either Pygmy, Drake, or Two-headed may go over well as it’s “new” than what’s normally expected. I know I’ll be excited, lol.

Pumpkins are actually pygmies, but they're the only non-standard holiday breed so far. There's been threads on the issue before and a few different reasons pop up:

- I believe TJ has said that the majority of holiday submissions are standard dragon types so he doesn't have much else to choose from.

- I can't remember how many artists have chimed in for this discussion before, but the ones that did were open to it iirc. Would like to hear from more artists on how they feel, it may be that the subgroup species are indeed seen as less likely to be chosen compared to regular dragons. Competition for creating the next standard holiday release is tough enough already, trying to get your Valentine Two-headed sprite accepted instead might seem like an impossibly long shot... would you really want spend all that time and effort making one if you felt it had such a low chance of being picked?

- Subgroup dragons also have extra rules and restrictions which is another thing for artists to take into consideration when coming up with holiday design ideas for these dragons. This is especially notable for drakes as they have more restrictions than other species - antlers, doglike intellect and I believe there are still rules regarding what wing types are acceptable for them.

- And finally, I've seen some players express that they DON'T want to see a non-standard holiday release. Some people said they would actually be disappointed if it happened. A lot of 'favorite' dragons are standard types and if players can't breed their latest holiday dragon with 90% of their other dragons, it may cause complaints/drama.

Personally I'd love to see more holiday subgroup dragons, even if they were released alongside a standard holiday dragon. I'd be delighted to be surprised with a new Valentine dragon AND a Valentine drake, for example. Halloween would probably be bonkers with an extra breed to catch but it's hard for me to see it happen otherwise.

7 hours ago, Solaries said:

Your question's already been answered, but I just want to point out that Pumpkin dragons are pygmies. ^_^ But they're the outlier, definitely.

Edit: ...bwahaha, guess I was too slow. XD

Edited by pinkgothic

1 hour ago, Terces said:

Competition for creating the next standard holiday release is tough enough already, trying to get your Valentine Two-headed sprite accepted instead might seem like an impossibly long shot... would you really want spend all that time and effort making one if you felt it had such a low chance of being picked?

You’re right about the tough competition for holiday releases. But if I was a spriter, I’d definitely want to spend all that time and effort despite the low odds in getting accepted. If the concept is most likely to get rejected, then at least I tried to get my idea out there. Not trying and always wondering ‘what if’ will bother me, lol.

1 hour ago, Terces said:

I'd be delighted to be surprised with a new Valentine dragon AND a Valentine drake, for example.

If this was implemented, I’d be all for it!

1 hour ago, Terces said:

Some people said they would actually be disappointed if it happened.

It’s hard to please everyone, so that’s inevitable either way.

1 hour ago, pinkgothic said:

Your question's already been answered, but I just want to point out that Pumpkin dragons are pygmies. ^_^ But they're the outlier, definitely.

Haha, well, at least I know now. And, I forgot that Pumpkins were pygmies. I’m glad there’s at least one, though.

I would love to see more Pygmies as holidays, Pygmies are my favorite breed. (pumpkin is not one of my favorites though) 

1 hour ago, Mochi said:

Hi, does anyone know when holiday breeding begins? 

February 8, probably. It should be the same as past years.

@Mochi

Don't forget that you have 7 days of cool down - so better don't breed the dragons now that you want to use at Feb 8!

Sometimes i see in people's signatures "Timers" for changing ( multi )  colored breeds, like Firegem, Gemshards, Lunars. i want to know from where i can get, or make such a "Color Timer"?

1 hour ago, Alesita said:

Sometimes i see in people's signatures "Timers" for changing ( multi )  colored breeds, like Firegem, Gemshards, Lunars. i want to know from where i can get, or make such a "Color Timer"?

I host some of them if you'd like to use them. The post listing them is here: 

Making them requires a bit of coding and a place to put your code where it will actually run; it won't work on a static image hosting site. But it's not a huge hurdle; if you already have a website of your own somewhere, chances are high you could host a cycler there.

4 hours ago, Alesita said:

Just to avoid confusion - but Gemshard colors are assigned totally randomly. Firegems and Lunar Heralds are time-based, so are Day/Night Glory, Solstice or Sunrise/Sunset (the latter depends on hatching time).

ETA: I forgot Luminas, although there's quite a bit of a random element mixed in. XD 

Edited by olympe

It's me again 😁

I want to ask is the Nebula egg biome, can determine the color blue/purple or orange/yellow ? Especially for the alphine biome.

There is no way to tell which colour you will get until the hatchling reaches S2. Except, of course that if you have influenced it, it can only be one of two colours !)

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There is no way to tell which colour you will get until the hatchling reaches S2. Except, of course that if you have influenced it, it can only be one of two colours !)

Actually if you have other Nebulas and use breed sort you can tell at S1 because they sort with the color they will be.