Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 minute ago, Solaries said:

Just the mere thought of the egg dying in the AP is a bit of a letdown; any egg for that matter.

Yeah, an egg dying in the AP specifically is really unlikely; it only happens during the holiday blockage due to being ungrabbable, or really really specific timing by a user dropping an egg about to die, or a glitch in the AP (which has never happened badly enough to make eggs start dying, as far as I know).

@Shadowdrake - If it's "really unlikely," then I guess breeding to the AP isn't that bad after all. I just thought with plenty of eggs in the AP, it's hard for most users to grab them and give them a home. There will be a few stragglers dying here and there. But, perhaps I need to be more patient, lol.

1 minute ago, Solaries said:

@Shadowdrake - If it's "really unlikely," then I guess breeding to the AP isn't that bad after all. I just thought with plenty of eggs in the AP, it's hard for most users to grab them and give them a home. There will be a few stragglers dying here and there. But, perhaps I need to be more patient, lol.

Lowest time is always first. The lower an eggs time the more likely it is picked up. The only exception is holidays because the holiday eggs are shown before everything else so regular eggs can and do die then. 

@DragonLady86 - Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you (both) for the reassurance, lol. 😊 And, I'll remember not to send anything to the AP during holidays.

So, been out of the loop with new websites lately, does any website have a tool to check what dragons you have, what ones you don't and how many of each?

No.

Sorry. (I wasn't aware that there ever had been one.)

8 hours ago, demonicvampiregirl said:

So, been out of the loop with new websites lately, does any website have a tool to check what dragons you have, what ones you don't and how many of each?

Best way is use the temporary breed sort option on the scroll page and compare to the encyclopedia. Or keep a spreadsheet. Both are tedious, but not a lot of options.

22 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

No.

Sorry. (I wasn't aware that there ever had been one.)

I swore one website did but not sure. I haven't checked any websites lately to see.

18 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Best way is use the temporary breed sort option on the scroll page and compare to the encyclopedia. Or keep a spreadsheet. Both are tedious, but not a lot of options.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, demonicvampiregirl said:

I swore one website did but not sure. I haven't checked any websites lately to see.

The dragcave API never returned information about breed, and scraping the dragcave website itself for text is a great way to produce lag so it's not allowed for fansites to do that, so no fansite that lived for more than a few weeks would provide that information.

I had an interesting problem and am not sure how I got it.  I bred an Aria to a Gold Tinsel (if that matters). My egg was Aria, my hatchling followed suit. The adult is a Pink dragon. (PM me and I'll provide a code/link if you need it.)

Is there a thread I missed on this?

20 minutes ago, dtwrites said:

I had an interesting problem and am not sure how I got it.  I bred an Aria to a Gold Tinsel (if that matters). My egg was Aria, my hatchling followed suit. The adult is a Pink dragon. (PM me and I'll provide a code/link if you need it.)

I see an aria hatchling?

22 minutes ago, dtwrites said:

Are you sure it was an aria egg? Arias can breed pink dragons occasionally, but they're usually pink during the whole time.

Pink_egg.gif user posted image pink

Aria_egg.png user posted image arias

Edited by Shadowdrake

51 minutes ago, dtwrites said:

Since these are all adults maybe I won't get burned. The Pink is now an adult and it was not a pink egg nor hatchie in the first image but I didn't think to save the images. I did not notice the pink dragon until it had grown up. ( Jukebox Er Pink, last adult Pink on page 14 scroll. )

Edited by dtwrites

Odd. Arias do produce Pinks from time to time, but they start as Pink eggs, not Arias. There is no way to tell now what the egg and hatchling looked like, but I have never heard before of one that went Pink only when it grew up. It is not something that is supposed to happen.

Edited by purplehaze

27 minutes ago, dtwrites said:

Since these are all adults maybe I won't get burned.

You're not going to be burned or otherwise punished for talking about your own dragons on the forums. You can even post eggs and hatchies in specific areas now, and have always been able to link adult dragons.

Also your scroll is set to hide adults so no one can see it anyway.

13 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Also your scroll is set to hide adults so no one can see it anyway.

You can search the specific dragon by name and see it that way, although you can't see the whole scroll.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

You can search the specific dragon by name and see it that way, although you can't see the whole scroll.

Yeah, but they mentioned it being on a specific page so they must have thought we could see it on theirs.

36 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Yeah, but they mentioned it being on a specific page so they must have thought we could see it on theirs.

-> Show 'n tell https://dragcave.net/lineage/JUKRr

I'll just pretend it was pink all they way through since no one is worried. Thanks for all your help.

Edited by dtwrites

Is there a way to save how I filter my dragons? It never saves, and I want to only see my ungrouped dragons. Is there a way to change it like you change the sorting order of the dragons? I think I've seen other accounts do that, but I have no idea how

1 hour ago, Rypnami said:

Is there a way to save how I filter my dragons? It never saves, and I want to only see my ungrouped dragons. Is there a way to change it like you change the sorting order of the dragons? I think I've seen other accounts do that, but I have no idea how

I didn't see anything in the settings, but maybe you could set a bookmark to https://dragcave.net/dragons/1,5,0 and then use that to get to your scroll.

I was biting eggs in the AP to try to get them to turn. 3 of them died. Can someone remind me how long the dead egg takes up a count space? I want to say 24 hours but am unsure.

I didn't see anything for bite in the scroll help area. Just these

Abandon

Breed

Describe

Freeze

Hide

Kill

Name

Release

Revive

Breed-Specific Actions

Earthquake

Fertility

Incubate

Influence

Precognition

Stun

Teleport

Ward

Edited by Common Collector's Competition

1 minute ago, Common Collector's Competition said:

I was biting eggs in the AP to try to get them to turn. 3 of them died. Can someone remind me how long the dead egg takes up a count space? I want to say 24 hours but am unsure.

You're still logged into a project account ;)

24 hours down to the second, and will disappear entirely after 2 weeks.

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You're still logged into a project account ;)

24 hours down to the second, and will disappear entirely after 2 weeks.

opps signed out of project account LOL

thanks for confirming the time frame ❤️

yellow undines.  is there a better chance of an yellow undine from both parents as the undines - or just one?  or is it totally random?