Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

46 minutes ago, missy_ said:

How do I know if I have a previous gingerbread house? I really cannot remember. Is there a link where I can check on this? I don’t want to decorate this one if I am going to override the one I made previously, but I can’t remember if I made one. 

https://dragcave.net/badges

2012 Holiday Cooking, if you have it, is your gingerbread house.

Edited by Lagie

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

If you click on the picture in the door it will show you your old house if you had one.

Thank you, purplehaze!  I assume you mean the door on the advent calendar.  When I click on it, it shows me an undecorated gingerbread house. So I must not I have made one before, although weirdly enough I have this vague memory of making it.  (Probably my mind playing tricks on me.) Maybe I am confusing it with the snowball fort. 

ETA:   Disregard my  below question because it was answered by Lagie; please see response below this one. When you click on the 2012 badge, it shows you the player’s gingerbread house. 

Just curious— is there a way we can view other people’s gingerbread houses?

Edited by missy_

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

https://dragcave.net/badges

2012 Holiday Cooking, if you have it, is your gingerbread house.

Thank you, Lagie!  I now know for sure that I didn’t have a gingerbread house, because I didn’t start playing until 2013. :)  Thank you for pointing out that there was a badge. Didn’t know there was one for the gingerbread house. Cool!

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, purplehaze said:

https://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/username is the link for the gingerbread house.

Very nice! Thank you. ^_^

I have another TLQ for anyone: 

Regarding CB female Holly dragons. What is the history of them? How does one obtain a CB female Holly? Can we release one of our male CB Hollies (pretty sure I don't want to do this, but just wondering) and then collect a CB Holly egg and influence it female? Thanks in advance for any info on them. :) 

Edited by missy_

24 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Regarding CB female Holly dragons. What is the history of them? How does one obtain a CB female Holly? Can we release one of our male CB Hollies (pretty sure I don't want to do this, but just wondering) and then collect a CB Holly egg and influence it female? Thanks in advance for any info on them. :) 

They were honorable mention prizes in the early raffles, given out alongside prize dragons, much like caveborn hybrids. There's currently no way to get a female caveborn Holly.

I have 2 questions<3 1) Where is the option to edit your signature? And 2) What's the max size for profile pictures? I don't mean the file size, I mean the image size I.e 100x100- I don't know what to do when it says the file is to large, I assume resize it? 

Thank you for reading!

Not sure about the second part of your question, but I'm pretty sure the one I'm using was 98 x 98.

As far as editing siggie, go to the top of the forum page and click on the little down-arrow beside your name. Click account settings, then edit signature.

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

They were honorable mention prizes in the early raffles, given out alongside prize dragons, much like caveborn hybrids. There's currently no way to get a female caveborn Holly.

Thank you, pinkgothic.  Guess I'll stop dreaming about getting one, then! :lol: 

@Amara-Star I am not an expert on forum matters but this will take you to your siggie. In the upper lefthand corner of forum (using web browser; not on phone at the moment), click on your name, then click on Account Settings. Choose Signature, and you will be able to edit or create a signature. There is also some info here: I have found siggies a bit confusing myself on the new forum; it can be done though! Some of the signature info in that topic can be found on the later pages. :)

Edited by missy_

You're welcome!

Another TLQ:

I have lost the list of mods per forum section. Where can we find this? I want to let the proper mod know that the Rare Trading thread, post with the dragons that are rares, needs to be updated as it is has TInyPic links and it is hard to view the current rare trade list as a result.

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

What was your path to that? I was trying and couldn't figure it out.

Also, what about Kaini? Not on that list, but I'm sure still a mod.

There used to be a much more accessible list of mods and there really should be somewhere to find a list easily!

Edited by purplehaze

10 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Thank you, fuzz. What do I search for? I don't know how to get there. I have to enter a search term in order to search members; I think I am missing a step. 

ETA: Yes, purplehaze; Kaini isn't there. I would love to see in each forum a plain list of which mods for that forum ... agree that would be nice. 

I can't tell from that list who are the trading mods, for example.  And which mods are active/inactive. Don't want to PM the wrong mod. 

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I can't tell from that list who are the trading mods, for example.  And which mods are active/inactive. Don't want to PM the wrong mod. 

Trading should fall under Site Discussion mods, which are not on that list. But I don't know what search terms Fuzz used, so that may be the problem. Anyway, I know Kaini is a SD Mod, so would probably be a safe bet for you to PM in this case. I honestly don't know who else, if anyone, is a Site Discussion Mod. Of course you could always try a Global Mod because they are magic. ;)

Edited by purplehaze

Thank you, purplehaze! Will do. :) 

9 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

The staff page still exists: https://forums.dragcave.net/staff

Thank you! But where does one find that if they don't know the link? Is it available somewhere that is easy to find? Because I can never find it when I want it and I always forget what it's called. Guess I'll have to bookmark it. Maybe one of the lovely mods would add it to the FAQs in the forum section? @purpledragonclaw?

Thank you for the poke, I've added the link to the FAQ under the Helpful Links section. You'll see it at the bottom of the forum links here.

My friend just noticed this and now I'm curious: why are there no spriter's alts for black marrow and soulstone dragons?

47 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Thank you for the poke, I've added the link to the FAQ under the Helpful Links section. You'll see it at the bottom of the forum links here.

Thank you so much! :)

2 hours ago, Aqub said:

My friend just noticed this and now I'm curious: why are there no spriter's alts for black marrow and soulstone dragons?

Black marrows, like original hollies, were added before spriter alts existed and the artists had left before alts were implemented. Soulstones don't have alts due to being kept anonymous from an issue arising with the originals: see here

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Trading should fall under Site Discussion mods, which are not on that list. But I don't know what search terms Fuzz used, so that may be the problem. Anyway, I know Kaini is a SD Mod, so would probably be a safe bet for you to PM in this case. I honestly don't know who else, if anyone, is a Site Discussion Mod. Of course you could always try a Global Mod because they are magic. ;)

For future ref - Fuzz went to search > more optionss > members and unchecked all members and a couple of others - and also site discussion oops !

5 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

The staff page still exists: https://forums.dragcave.net/staff

Wow ! Thanks ! and to PDC for adding it.

You're both welcome, I honestly keep forgetting that link to forum staff exists. It's good to have it immortalized to a pinned topic so it's easy to find. 

9 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Of course you could always try a Global Mod because they are magic. ;)

*snorts* 

That was purplehaze said that. But I second it. Hello magic lady :lol: