Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I have 2 questions<3 1) Where is the option to edit your signature? And 2) What's the max size for profile pictures? I don't mean the file size, I mean the image size I.e 100x100- I don't know what to do when it says the file is to large, I assume resize it? 

Thank you for reading!

Not sure about the second part of your question, but I'm pretty sure the one I'm using was 98 x 98.

As far as editing siggie, go to the top of the forum page and click on the little down-arrow beside your name. Click account settings, then edit signature.

34 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

They were honorable mention prizes in the early raffles, given out alongside prize dragons, much like caveborn hybrids. There's currently no way to get a female caveborn Holly.

Thank you, pinkgothic.  Guess I'll stop dreaming about getting one, then! :lol: 

@Amara-Star I am not an expert on forum matters but this will take you to your siggie. In the upper lefthand corner of forum (using web browser; not on phone at the moment), click on your name, then click on Account Settings. Choose Signature, and you will be able to edit or create a signature. There is also some info here: I have found siggies a bit confusing myself on the new forum; it can be done though! Some of the signature info in that topic can be found on the later pages. :)

Edited by missy_

You're welcome!

Another TLQ:

I have lost the list of mods per forum section. Where can we find this? I want to let the proper mod know that the Rare Trading thread, post with the dragons that are rares, needs to be updated as it is has TInyPic links and it is hard to view the current rare trade list as a result.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

What was your path to that? I was trying and couldn't figure it out.

Also, what about Kaini? Not on that list, but I'm sure still a mod.

There used to be a much more accessible list of mods and there really should be somewhere to find a list easily!

Edited by purplehaze

10 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Thank you, fuzz. What do I search for? I don't know how to get there. I have to enter a search term in order to search members; I think I am missing a step. 

ETA: Yes, purplehaze; Kaini isn't there. I would love to see in each forum a plain list of which mods for that forum ... agree that would be nice. 

I can't tell from that list who are the trading mods, for example.  And which mods are active/inactive. Don't want to PM the wrong mod. 

8 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I can't tell from that list who are the trading mods, for example.  And which mods are active/inactive. Don't want to PM the wrong mod. 

Trading should fall under Site Discussion mods, which are not on that list. But I don't know what search terms Fuzz used, so that may be the problem. Anyway, I know Kaini is a SD Mod, so would probably be a safe bet for you to PM in this case. I honestly don't know who else, if anyone, is a Site Discussion Mod. Of course you could always try a Global Mod because they are magic. ;)

Edited by purplehaze

Thank you, purplehaze! Will do. :) 

9 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

The staff page still exists: https://forums.dragcave.net/staff

Thank you! But where does one find that if they don't know the link? Is it available somewhere that is easy to find? Because I can never find it when I want it and I always forget what it's called. Guess I'll have to bookmark it. Maybe one of the lovely mods would add it to the FAQs in the forum section? @purpledragonclaw?

Thank you for the poke, I've added the link to the FAQ under the Helpful Links section. You'll see it at the bottom of the forum links here.

My friend just noticed this and now I'm curious: why are there no spriter's alts for black marrow and soulstone dragons?

47 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Thank you for the poke, I've added the link to the FAQ under the Helpful Links section. You'll see it at the bottom of the forum links here.

Thank you so much! :)

2 hours ago, Aqub said:

My friend just noticed this and now I'm curious: why are there no spriter's alts for black marrow and soulstone dragons?

Black marrows, like original hollies, were added before spriter alts existed and the artists had left before alts were implemented. Soulstones don't have alts due to being kept anonymous from an issue arising with the originals: see here

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Trading should fall under Site Discussion mods, which are not on that list. But I don't know what search terms Fuzz used, so that may be the problem. Anyway, I know Kaini is a SD Mod, so would probably be a safe bet for you to PM in this case. I honestly don't know who else, if anyone, is a Site Discussion Mod. Of course you could always try a Global Mod because they are magic. ;)

For future ref - Fuzz went to search > more optionss > members and unchecked all members and a couple of others - and also site discussion oops !

5 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

The staff page still exists: https://forums.dragcave.net/staff

Wow ! Thanks ! and to PDC for adding it.

You're both welcome, I honestly keep forgetting that link to forum staff exists. It's good to have it immortalized to a pinned topic so it's easy to find. 

9 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Of course you could always try a Global Mod because they are magic. ;)

*snorts* 

That was purplehaze said that. But I second it. Hello magic lady :lol:

This may not be a tiny question, but might as well start here. I am a ways into the 2019 holiday cooking, and I don't have the badge? How do I know if I complete it if I don't have the badge?

Badges.PNG

(bolding is mine)

On 12/30/2019 at 1:11 AM, olympe said:

Once there, replace the "abandoned" in the URL with a "lineage" to view just that. (The AP code may stay, it doesn't interfere.)

@olympe I beg to disagree. The AP code cuts off the lineage at 5 generations, even if more exist, they are not visible. Compare these:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/OesLI/H1BHZWXw

https://dragcave.net/lineage/OesLI

Granted, the generation counter on top remains correct, but it definitely impacts the appearance of longer lineages!

18 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Black marrows, like original hollies, were added before spriter alts existed and the artists had left before alts were implemented. Soulstones don't have alts due to being kept anonymous from an issue arising with the originals: see here

Thank you for the answer! I've passed it along to my friend as well. :)

4 hours ago, Goldentuf said:

This may not be a tiny question, but might as well start here. I am a ways into the 2019 holiday cooking, and I don't have the badge? How do I know if I complete it if I don't have the badge?

Badges.PNG

There isn't a cooking badge. There was one for 2012, but not now.

19 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

There isn't a cooking badge. There was one for 2012, but not now.

Ah! Thank you, I am still figuring a lot of things out. 

Is there a way to manually sort dragons on an iPhone that isn’t really slow?

On my laptop I use grid sort. I select and click-hold, then use the page down to quickly get to the right spot. There’s no page down on mobile though, the best I can do is move the dragon down about 10 dragons, then scroll down, then do it again. The other option is manual sort with the numerical values, but that’s also really slow to scroll down to search for the right number each time.