Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

12 minutes ago, quinney said:

Okay, I have to ask. How do I see an egg's lineage in the AP?

If you're on PC, there's a way around the picking up - you need to *attempt* to pick them up when locked, ideally in a new tab. Once there, replace the "abandoned" in the URL with a "lineage" to view just that. (The AP code may stay, it doesn't interfere.) If you like the lineage, make room on your scroll (in a different tab), go back to the lineage tab. Hit the "back" button, then reload (F5).

@quinney I often have one tab open for lineages and one for the AP, then I hover over an egg, memorize the code and type it in the other tab (as Fuzzbucket said), go back to the AP and look at the next code, go back to the lineage tab and replace the old code in the browser bar with the new one, and so on. The codes are just short enough for me to keep in my brain for the time it takes to switch browser tabs.  :lol:

(Of course with this method you risk losing a good egg to someone who actually picked it up instead of just looking at the lineage, but it's very useful when there's terrible lag and the steps for grabbing and abandoning an egg take FOREVER.)

Thank you guys.  It was seeing people saying 'saw a great lineage in AP but was locked' that finally made me ask!

ETA: It worked!

Edited by quinney

On the Christmas tree badge, how do you make the presents and ornaments show up? I have all the decor options unlocked. What am I overlooking? 

I doubt if they appear on the BADGE, but you click on a decoration and then it lands on your page and you drag it to where you want it on your tree, if that helps ?

Wait - I see you have decorated yours beautifully..

But now that I see you have a tree badge as well as the general one for Advent Calendar, I have to wonder if everyone who didn't do that or the wreath first time around is going to get extra badges....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I'm wondering if it's just old badge v new badge thing? (I didn't do the original tree decorating event) Which is great! I just want to make sure I'm not missing something I needed to do. (Because it will rent space in my head from now til eternity..., lol)

My wreath badge is the original one and nothing changed on it during this event. My friend, who wasn't around for the original, DID get a wreath badge this year.

24 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I doubt if they appear on the BADGE, but you click on a decoration and then it lands on your page and you drag it to where you want it on your tree, if that helps ?

But now that I see you have a tree badge as well as the general one for Advent Calendar, I have to wonder if everyone who didn't do that or the wreath first time around is going to get extra badges....

Yep, when I unlocked the wreath door I got the wreath badge. I had missed it first time round :) 

43 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

21 minutes ago, Uther_Pendragon said:

I'm wondering if it's just old badge v new badge thing? (I didn't do the original tree decorating event) Which is great! I just want to make sure I'm not missing something I needed to do. (Because it will rent space in my head from now til eternity..., lol)

My wreath badge is the original one and nothing changed on it during this event. My friend, who wasn't around for the original, DID get a wreath badge this year.

17 minutes ago, PaganBride said:

Yep, when I unlocked the wreath door I got the wreath badge. I had missed it first time round :) 

They seem to be in a different location, so you can probably tell from that if they did the original or the remake.

The text is different too, if you go to the "all badges" page.

Cool! And thank you!

I just didn't want to leave anything unfinished.

oh wait! We also still have a few more days before everything's done so I might be early stressing.

On 12/28/2019 at 7:29 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

OH ! That's like that oldie:

Welp, due to this language is not my mother tongue, I admit English is still tricky for me!

12 minutes ago, Tenhi said:

Welp, due to this language is not my mother tongue, I admit English is still tricky for me!

YOU were right. I was TOTALLY wrong,. That makes your English better than mine !

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

YOU were right. I was TOTALLY wrong,. That makes your English better than mine !

As for me, "never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."(c)

My apologize, Fuzzbucket.

I don't get this. You have nothing to apologise for. I made a mistake, you didn't. Happy New Year !

On 12/29/2019 at 2:28 AM, missy_ said:

Yes, you can play on a phone. :) I play on my iPhone. You don't have to drag anything. Just tap the square where you want the tile to go and it will instantly appear there. If the tile cannot be placed there, you will see sort of a transparent tile, but it won't be solid like the other placed tiles. Hope that makes sense! Also, to see the full board, just scroll across with one finger. Easy peasy. 

Thanks, fuzz! I think my first game was only a partial game; I didn't "win" so didn't get the "convert mana" option. The second game I won, so was able to convert the mana. :)

Thanks, but there was no middle tile to begin with (didn't know at the time that there SHOULD have been one). Even tapping 'wrong' spaces had no result (no transparent thingy). But when tj added instructions, it started working :)

How do I know if I have a previous gingerbread house? I really cannot remember. Is there a link where I can check on this? I don’t want to decorate this one if I am going to override the one I made previously, but I can’t remember if I made one. 

3 minutes ago, missy_ said:

How do I know if I have a previous gingerbread house? I really cannot remember. Is there a link where I can check on this? I don’t want to decorate this one if I am going to override the one I made previously, but I can’t remember if I made one. 

If you click on the picture in the door it will show you your old house if you had one.

46 minutes ago, missy_ said:

https://dragcave.net/badges

2012 Holiday Cooking, if you have it, is your gingerbread house.

Edited by Lagie

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

If you click on the picture in the door it will show you your old house if you had one.

Thank you, purplehaze!  I assume you mean the door on the advent calendar.  When I click on it, it shows me an undecorated gingerbread house. So I must not I have made one before, although weirdly enough I have this vague memory of making it.  (Probably my mind playing tricks on me.) Maybe I am confusing it with the snowball fort. 

ETA:   Disregard my  below question because it was answered by Lagie; please see response below this one. When you click on the 2012 badge, it shows you the player’s gingerbread house. 

Just curious— is there a way we can view other people’s gingerbread houses?

Edited by missy_

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

https://dragcave.net/badges

2012 Holiday Cooking, if you have it, is your gingerbread house.

Thank you, Lagie!  I now know for sure that I didn’t have a gingerbread house, because I didn’t start playing until 2013. :)  Thank you for pointing out that there was a badge. Didn’t know there was one for the gingerbread house. Cool!

18 hours ago, purplehaze said:

https://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/username is the link for the gingerbread house.

Very nice! Thank you. ^_^

I have another TLQ for anyone: 

Regarding CB female Holly dragons. What is the history of them? How does one obtain a CB female Holly? Can we release one of our male CB Hollies (pretty sure I don't want to do this, but just wondering) and then collect a CB Holly egg and influence it female? Thanks in advance for any info on them. :) 

Edited by missy_

24 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Regarding CB female Holly dragons. What is the history of them? How does one obtain a CB female Holly? Can we release one of our male CB Hollies (pretty sure I don't want to do this, but just wondering) and then collect a CB Holly egg and influence it female? Thanks in advance for any info on them. :) 

They were honorable mention prizes in the early raffles, given out alongside prize dragons, much like caveborn hybrids. There's currently no way to get a female caveborn Holly.