Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Alesita said:

Sometimes i see in people's signatures "Timers" for changing ( multi )  colored breeds, like Firegem, Gemshards, Lunars. i want to know from where i can get, or make such a "Color Timer"?

I host some of them if you'd like to use them. The post listing them is here: 

Making them requires a bit of coding and a place to put your code where it will actually run; it won't work on a static image hosting site. But it's not a huge hurdle; if you already have a website of your own somewhere, chances are high you could host a cycler there.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Alesita said:

Sometimes i see in people's signatures "Timers" for changing ( multi )  colored breeds, like Firegem, Gemshards, Lunars. i want to know from where i can get, or make such a "Color Timer"?

Just to avoid confusion - but Gemshard colors are assigned totally randomly. Firegems and Lunar Heralds are time-based, so are Day/Night Glory, Solstice or Sunrise/Sunset (the latter depends on hatching time).

ETA: I forgot Luminas, although there's quite a bit of a random element mixed in. XD 

Edited by olympe

Share this post


Link to post

It's me again 😁

I want to ask is the Nebula egg biome, can determine the color blue/purple or orange/yellow ? Especially for the alphine biome.

Share this post


Link to post

There is no way to tell which colour you will get until the hatchling reaches S2. Except, of course that if you have influenced it, it can only be one of two colours !)

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There is no way to tell which colour you will get until the hatchling reaches S2. Except, of course that if you have influenced it, it can only be one of two colours !)

Actually if you have other Nebulas and use breed sort you can tell at S1 because they sort with the color they will be.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Actually if you have other Nebulas and use breed sort you can tell at S1 because they sort with the color they will be.

Thanks, that is nice clue!

Fuzzbucket tnx you too for the information.

Edited by Alesita

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry to have to ask this, but can someone direct me to a place where there is information about how to use the groups at the top of my scroll?  I didn't start using them for quite some time and now my searches don't help me find it.  I'm looking for basic stuff like how many can you have and how do you delete something out of a group if you need to.  Any other information would be helpful too, I'm sure. :D

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Stormcaller said:

Sorry to have to ask this, but can someone direct me to a place where there is information about how to use the groups at the top of my scroll?  I didn't start using them for quite some time and now my searches don't help me find it.  I'm looking for basic stuff like how many can you have and how do you delete something out of a group if you need to.  Any other information would be helpful too, I'm sure. :D

There appears to be no limit to the number of groups you can have, or the number of creatures in a group.

The only way I know of to remove something from a group is to go to its view page and uncheck the group under the dropdown list for adding to a group.

If you want other people to be able to see your group, even with a link, you need to mark it public. All groups are private by default.

Edited by purplehaze

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

There appears to be no limit to the number of groups you can have, or the number of creatures in a group.

 

Thanks, purplehaze.  This is great news. It presents a lot of possibilities for managing a large collection.

 

17 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

The only way I know of to remove something from a group is to go to its view page and uncheck the group under the dropdown list for adding to a group.

 

I don't seem to be able to do that.  I tried with both the check on the group menu and now on the individual's menu.  I can't get the check off.  Any idea why?

Share this post


Link to post

No idea why that would happen - but when I want to remove things I go to the group's page and then click the "add to group" button for the dragon in question and uncheck it from the group I want it out of.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Stormcaller said:

I don't seem to be able to do that.  I tried with both the check on the group menu and now on the individual's menu.  I can't get the check off.  Any idea why?

Could be garbage in the browser cache or cookies. Try clearing both from dragcave.net data and try again?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Could be garbage in the browser cache or cookies. Try clearing both from dragcave.net data and try again?

 

Thank you, Ruby Eyes.  That wasn't it, but it got me away from just thinking I was doing something wrong.  When cleaning my cache and deleting my cookies didn't help, I switched to Chrome and was able to change my items there.  It seems to have been IE that was the problem. 

 

Anyway, I must say that using these groups is going to be an excellent way, not just to share my favorite collections, but to keep track of things in progress too. :D

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

If you want other people to be able to see your group, even with a link, you need to mark it public. All groups are private by default.

if it's highlighted, is it public? the options in that section are Highlighted OR Public OR Private.  i have four groups highlighted, so are those public as well? thanks!

 

nevermind... i answered that myself - i opened my scroll in an incognito tab where i wasn't signed in, and i could see my highlighted groups. :) 

 

Edited by trystan
to answer my own question

Share this post


Link to post

2 questions (one of which I ask some 3 times a year) - 

 

1.  How many dragons are there?

 

2.  When does Valentine breeding start?

Share this post


Link to post

1. 244 unique breeds

2. It should start Feb. 8 and lasts for 7 days including Valentine's Day.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

1. 244 unique breeds

2. It should start Feb. 8 and lasts for 7 days including Valentine's Day.

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post

quick question for confirmation - if i breed a holiday out of season, say, a Halloween dragon, if i breed it with a non-Halloween now, i'll get the non-Halloween, correct?  how about 2 Halloween dragons? refusals?  thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, trystan said:

quick question for confirmation - if i breed a holiday out of season, say, a Halloween dragon, if i breed it with a non-Halloween now, i'll get the non-Halloween, correct?  how about 2 Halloween dragons? refusals?  thanks!

Correct on both.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:
25 minutes ago, trystan said:

quick question for confirmation - if i breed a holiday out of season, say, a Halloween dragon, if i breed it with a non-Halloween now, i'll get the non-Halloween, correct?  how about 2 Halloween dragons? refusals?  thanks!

Correct on both.

thanks Ruby!

Share this post


Link to post

A weird one, but it concerns me^^*
Can I use my own drawing of one of the site's dragon as a signature?

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/2/2020 at 5:44 PM, Alesita said:

Thanks, that is nice clue!

Fuzzbucket tnx you too for the information.

 

I only learnt this last fortnight or so, it doesn't stop them from miscolouring but at least I know now a day or so earlier!! How did I not know this sooner!!!! :lol:

 

Are there any other handy tips like this that I should know????!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DarkellaLord said:

A weird one, but it concerns me^^*
Can I use my own drawing of one of the site's dragon as a signature?

I believe it is considered polite to ask the artist if you intend to redraw....

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

A weird one, but it concerns me^^*
Can I use my own drawing of one of the site's dragon as a signature?

Fanart is perfectly fine.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.