Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Actually if you have other Nebulas and use breed sort you can tell at S1 because they sort with the color they will be.

Thanks, that is nice clue!

Fuzzbucket tnx you too for the information.

Edited by Alesita

Sorry to have to ask this, but can someone direct me to a place where there is information about how to use the groups at the top of my scroll?  I didn't start using them for quite some time and now my searches don't help me find it.  I'm looking for basic stuff like how many can you have and how do you delete something out of a group if you need to.  Any other information would be helpful too, I'm sure. :D

20 minutes ago, Stormcaller said:

Sorry to have to ask this, but can someone direct me to a place where there is information about how to use the groups at the top of my scroll?  I didn't start using them for quite some time and now my searches don't help me find it.  I'm looking for basic stuff like how many can you have and how do you delete something out of a group if you need to.  Any other information would be helpful too, I'm sure. :D

There appears to be no limit to the number of groups you can have, or the number of creatures in a group.

The only way I know of to remove something from a group is to go to its view page and uncheck the group under the dropdown list for adding to a group.

If you want other people to be able to see your group, even with a link, you need to mark it public. All groups are private by default.

Edited by purplehaze

14 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

There appears to be no limit to the number of groups you can have, or the number of creatures in a group.

Thanks, purplehaze.  This is great news. It presents a lot of possibilities for managing a large collection.

17 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

The only way I know of to remove something from a group is to go to its view page and uncheck the group under the dropdown list for adding to a group.

I don't seem to be able to do that.  I tried with both the check on the group menu and now on the individual's menu.  I can't get the check off.  Any idea why?

No idea why that would happen - but when I want to remove things I go to the group's page and then click the "add to group" button for the dragon in question and uncheck it from the group I want it out of.

2 hours ago, Stormcaller said:

I don't seem to be able to do that.  I tried with both the check on the group menu and now on the individual's menu.  I can't get the check off.  Any idea why?

Could be garbage in the browser cache or cookies. Try clearing both from dragcave.net data and try again?

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Could be garbage in the browser cache or cookies. Try clearing both from dragcave.net data and try again?

Thank you, Ruby Eyes.  That wasn't it, but it got me away from just thinking I was doing something wrong.  When cleaning my cache and deleting my cookies didn't help, I switched to Chrome and was able to change my items there.  It seems to have been IE that was the problem. 

Anyway, I must say that using these groups is going to be an excellent way, not just to share my favorite collections, but to keep track of things in progress too. :D

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

If you want other people to be able to see your group, even with a link, you need to mark it public. All groups are private by default.

if it's highlighted, is it public? the options in that section are Highlighted OR Public OR Private.  i have four groups highlighted, so are those public as well? thanks!

nevermind... i answered that myself - i opened my scroll in an incognito tab where i wasn't signed in, and i could see my highlighted groups. :) 

Edited by trystan
to answer my own question

2 questions (one of which I ask some 3 times a year) - 

1.  How many dragons are there?

2.  When does Valentine breeding start?

1. 244 unique breeds

2. It should start Feb. 8 and lasts for 7 days including Valentine's Day.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

1. 244 unique breeds

2. It should start Feb. 8 and lasts for 7 days including Valentine's Day.

Thank you!

quick question for confirmation - if i breed a holiday out of season, say, a Halloween dragon, if i breed it with a non-Halloween now, i'll get the non-Halloween, correct?  how about 2 Halloween dragons? refusals?  thanks!

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

quick question for confirmation - if i breed a holiday out of season, say, a Halloween dragon, if i breed it with a non-Halloween now, i'll get the non-Halloween, correct?  how about 2 Halloween dragons? refusals?  thanks!

Correct on both.

22 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:
25 minutes ago, trystan said:

Correct on both.

thanks Ruby!

On 2/2/2020 at 5:44 PM, Alesita said:

Thanks, that is nice clue!

Fuzzbucket tnx you too for the information.

I only learnt this last fortnight or so, it doesn't stop them from miscolouring but at least I know now a day or so earlier!! How did I not know this sooner!!!! :lol:

Are there any other handy tips like this that I should know????!!!!

1 hour ago, DarkellaLord said:

A weird one, but it concerns me^^*
Can I use my own drawing of one of the site's dragon as a signature?

I believe it is considered polite to ask the artist if you intend to redraw....

2 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

Fanart is perfectly fine.

17 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

It depends on the artist. You can check here, 

but asking first is still a good idea.

Just had a conversation about mulit-scrolling. The scroll in question has been reported but I saw that they joined near the end of November 2019 and already have a platinum trophy. That made me wonder if it is possible to get 1000 dragons in two months, and what you would have to do to get them, without multi-scrolling. I'm pretty bad at math but even with people gifting lots of hatchies.... seems improbable.

Can anyone do the actual math?

With enough scrolls, I imagine it could be done. Raise to almost adult, teleport, insta adult, rinse, repeat.

So, let's assume that the player in question has been playing for 80 days (wich is a nice number for the maths involved). In this case, the player would have had to raise 1000 dragons in 80 days. That's an average of 1000/80=100/8=12.5 dragons per day.

Unless you trade lots of rare eggs for even more (almost) ER-hatchlings, you can't accomplish that. Which most likely means one of three things:

1) The player has more than one scroll raising dragons for them until near-adulthood before handing them over. (Without relying on the AP, a platinum trophy owner would be able to raise 8 every other day. With the AP, maybe 8 every day. However, the new player who did this started with no trophy and had to work their way up to that numbwer.)

2) The player has won a CB prize and trades their offspring for near-adult hatchlings.

3) The player has a mysterious way of getting a whole ton of rares to trade for insta-adults. Which probably involves scripting.