Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I'm having problems with the 502 bad Gateway in Alternate Custom Sort, and it isn't saving my changes.

Anyone?

I'm having the same issue. Just started now after I named, then tried to sort my hatchies and new adults. 502 Bad Gateway message pops up after it lags for a while. Works great when I just go to my scroll, so it seems only the sort page is having a problem.

Quick name question. I happened to get ahold of a hilarious Shadow Walker G3 whose ancestors (with one exception) are named with Cornholio quotes, starting with "I AM CORNHOLIO" x "I NEED TP". Since Beavis and Butt-Head was part of my childhood and it makes me giggle, I want to name my baby along the theme. But every quote that feels right after the existing ones involves the word 'bunghole' and I'm not sure if that pushes past DC's name rules or not. I don't think most people would think of it as an overly vulgar word - to me it's about the same level as 'butthole' - but I'm not sure if that's just me and other people see it as stronger than that or not. Thoughts?

Edited by Lurhstaap

Well, technically, "bunghole" means the opening of a beer barrel, plugged with a cork. So the word "bunghole" is not really dirty. I would think it would be ok, but pm Sock or Rubyshoes and ask them.

Is there a way I can sort with eggs, then hatchies, or even just a mix an in no order, but basically growing dragons before my own custom sort?? I don't want to put hatchies/eggs sorting and then have it take back all of my sorting work....

Yes, you can click the button that says "Place Eggs and Unfrozen Hatchlings on top" (which, oddly, on mine isn't clicked - and my eggs always go to slot 2 and down).

Yes, you can click the button that says "Place Eggs and Unfrozen Hatchlings on top" (which, oddly, on mine isn't clicked - and my eggs always go to slot 2 and down).

That won't mess with my already sorted adult dragons?

Edit, tried it, thank you!! I never tried that cause I was worried it would screw up my other sort order ;p

Another edit:

If I delete a sent PM without them reading it (which, I don't know how to tell if they have), then it won't get sent through, right?? Trying to clean my inbox and stuff but don't want that to happen^

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

That won't mess with my already sorted adult dragons?

Edit, tried it, thank you!! I never tried that cause I was worried it would screw up my other sort order ;p

Another edit:

If I delete a sent PM without them reading it (which, I don't know how to tell if they have), then it won't get sent through, right?? Trying to clean my inbox and stuff but don't want that to happen^

You're welcome! smile.gif

When you send the message, click 'track this message'. Then you can check your 'tracked messages' section to see if they've been read. If you delete them before they're read, they will never be read (but the notification email will have been sent so the recipient will know there was a message, just not what it said).

Deleting the sent PM won't affect anything, with or without a tracker on the message. If you have a tracker on the message, you can go into Message Tracker and delete the PM before they read it.

The AP is filled with normal eggs now - so are all of the other bred Halloween eggs officially gone for the year? Or will they pop up here and there?

Edited by LumosSeeker148

The AP is filled with normal eggs now - so are all of the other bred Halloween eggs officially gone for the year? Or will they pop up here and there?

I don't actually think all the holiday eggs are gone. All the eggs I bred on the 31st are still unclaimed. I suspect the AP is purely time-sorted now, with holiday eggs not being pushed to the front - so in a day or two, another mini-wave of holidays will show up.

I don't actually think all the holiday eggs are gone. All the eggs I bred on the 31st are still unclaimed. I suspect the AP is purely time-sorted now, with holiday eggs not being pushed to the front - so in a day or two, another mini-wave of holidays will show up.

Ok thanks! smile.gif

Are Xenos still pretty popular? And if so are some biomes more popular then others? I tend to collect what I like the most, so I'm usually out of the loop on what is rare, not rare, etc. Thanks!

(I posted in the questions about a trade thread, but it's kind of quiet in there laugh.gif )

ETA - Thanks Amazon_warrior. smile.gif

Edited by jocosa

Are Xenos still pretty popular? And if so are some biomes more popular then others? I tend to collect what I like the most, so I'm usually out of the loop on what is rare, not rare, etc. Thanks!

(I posted in the questions about a trade thread, but it's kind of quiet in there laugh.gif )

They're still popular. I think biome preferences depend slightly on personal preference and what people have managed to collect themselves. Gaias, Chronos and Thalassas seem most popular, the other three slightly less so but they're still in demand.

Is the ap freaking out for anyone else? I'll click on an egg, I'll get the message that I'm too slow, but I go back to the ap and that same egg is in there again, in the same spot. I click on it and get the too slow message AGAIN.

I'm having problems with the 502 bad Gateway in Alternate Custom Sort, and it isn't saving my changes.

Separate issue, but would it have any bearing on the gateway problem - most of the ads that the sites, Forum and Cave, have been loading in the past week seem to have Flash elements. My bandwidth usage shot WAY up in the first day of the event, 20% of the month's allotment in that one day, even with Flash disabled. Since the event and Sort both require javascript, is there something in these ads which is causing the problem?

Anyone?

Just block Flash. Most browsers are blocking it anyway as it is dangerously vulnerable and much used by Bad People.

I'm having the same issue with the AP and am VERY upset about the gold checker with heartseekers that was there for 3 refreshes and I couldn't pick it up sad.gif

Is the ap freaking out for anyone else? I'll click on an egg, I'll get the message that I'm too slow, but I go back to the ap and that same egg is in there again, in the same spot. I click on it and get the too slow message AGAIN.

I was just going to come and ask the same thing! I keep clicking on eggs and "missing" them but then refreshing to find they are still sitting there for several more refreshes dry.gif

How do I get reviews for a dragon description?

When I described her (in February) I had no feedback for a while. I admit I didn't review others' descriptions either. Then I spent half a morning reviewing, and soon I had 5 reviews myself. Then nothing for a long while. (I did review sometimes, but never a big bunch.) Then after another long session of reviewing, I got 4 more feedbacks. (In August I suppose?) But since then, nothing. My dragon stands at 8 approvals and 1 rejection, and no matter how many descriptions I read, I don't seem to get any more.

I understand mods have little time and would only look at descriptions that have already been read and approved by many other players, but how will my dragon catch their attention if she's not getting any?

We can look through descriptions several different ways, so how many comments you have doesn't really matter to us beyond the scope of, if people have crtiqued your descrip, it makes our job easier and faster. If you would like your descriptions looked at by a mod, you can PM yosofine, rubyshoes, Infinis, or Thuban. ^^

Quick name question. I happened to get ahold of a hilarious Shadow Walker G3 whose ancestors (with one exception) are named with Cornholio quotes, starting with "I AM CORNHOLIO" x "I NEED TP". Since Beavis and Butt-Head was part of my childhood and it makes me giggle, I want to name my baby along the theme. But every quote that feels right after the existing ones involves the word 'bunghole' and I'm not sure if that pushes past DC's name rules or not. I don't think most people would think of it as an overly vulgar word - to me it's about the same level as 'butthole' - but I'm not sure if that's just me and other people see it as stronger than that or not. Thoughts?

For future ref, the name check thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=113782

What you've described sounds like it is probably okay by DC guidelines, although perhaps you could provide an example, as the only thing I know from B&B is the laugh.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I was just going to come and ask the same thing! I keep clicking on eggs and "missing" them but then refreshing to find they are still sitting there for several more refreshes dry.gif

Is the AP still stuck? If so, I can poke TJ.

Just block Flash. Most browsers are blocking it anyway as it is dangerously vulnerable and much used by Bad People.

I'm having the same issue with the AP and am VERY upset about the gold checker with heartseekers that was there for 3 refreshes and I couldn't pick it up sad.gif

I don't just have Flash blocked. I have it disabled in the browser. Permanently, for all intents and purposes. But with javascript on, Firefox lets me know whenever there is a Flash element, showing the plug-in icon in the location bar.

The site just seems generally screwy today. wacko.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

Is the AP still stuck? If so, I can poke TJ.

I think we broke it. But yes, it seems to be sticking -- although it does eventually show different eggs.

I fear that the AP only slowed down so much because there are so many people actively hunting there. xd.png I mean, come on, these eggs are beyond incu-hatchable now!