Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

It's an hour IIRC. But yeah, it's always worked that way. You've never been able to keep or do anything other than abandon more than one egg in a clutch. Although it IS sometimes possible to recover auto'd or accidentally abandoned eggs. I've done it before with this guy here:

http://dragcave.net/view/oF0Xk

I just changed the names of his parents to something like 'Accidental Abandon' and 'Please PM Lurhstaap On Forum' or something to that effect and I was lucky that the person who caught him was willing to return him. People don't always notice that or respond to it, but it can definitely work. Good luck.

Uhmm... I thought the kill action isn't available as long as the tombstone of the killed dragon (or the eggshell) is visible on our scrolls, which would be 14 days. I killed 4 adults for zombie fodder on the 17th to max out zombie attempts. I killed one a few days ago. I have 4 kill slots available. Did that change? The tombstones haven't disappeared yet, though.

I've asked TJ about it. o_O

Does the Holiday release work like normal releases, mixing new eggs with other kinds at the end of the day? On 31st I'll be away and will be back home around 7-8 PM Cave time, will I have the chance to get the new eggs easily or I'll have to struggle with potential misclicks?? sad.gif

Does the Holiday release work like normal releases, mixing new eggs with other kinds at the end of the day? On 31st I'll be away and will be back home around 7-8 PM Cave time, will I have the chance to get the new eggs easily or I'll have to struggle with potential misclicks?? sad.gif

No, nothing but Halloween eggs will drop for the entire day. By the time you get home most people should be scroll locked and so you should have no trouble snagging the eggs you need. smile.gif

No, nothing but Halloween eggs will drop for the entire day. By the time you get home most people should be scroll locked and so you should have no trouble snagging the eggs you need. smile.gif

Really really really!?! This really heartens me, thank you! wub.gif

Really! wink.gif I like to go code hunting at that time of the day on a holiday because lots of times the eggs will sit there through several refreshes. smile.gif

Really! wink.gif I like to go code hunting at that time of the day on a holiday because lots of times the eggs will sit there through several refreshes. smile.gif

Then I hope I won't steal your targets under your nose! rolleyes.gif

Thanks again, good luck with your hunt! <3

Wait, so you can revive zombies today(?) at 12am cave time, right? 9pm pst?

Wait, so you can revive zombies today(?) at 12am cave time, right? 9pm pst?

Tomorrow, technically. 12 AM cave time is the start of the 31st. tongue.gif But yes, if you meant tonight, that's correct.

From the beginning of the 31st October cave time to the ending of the 31st October cave time but i have heard that you should wait a few hours for your Zombie attempts because the starting could be glitchy. (Still not sure how to made an adverb or adjective in English because i am not a native speaker in English and in German soooo many adverbs and adjective are the same words.)

I didn't think any of the potions worked on hatchlings? You get an error with a tombstone and lose the potion.

It works with some but my problem is that I'll get the message and a puff of smoke but the sprite remains the same. This is how it is for all my Dark-Myst's but no one else has reported the same thing happening to them.

It works with some but my problem is that I'll get the message and a puff of smoke but the sprite remains the same. This is how it is for all my Dark-Myst's but no one else has reported the same thing happening to them.

Actually several people have reported glitches with Dark Myst adults so maybe it is a breed glitch.

You're right. It doesn't work on Dark Mysts. I finally tried it for myself to get some screenies last night, so I could finally report it.

^^^

Am I mistaken or were the previous drops 3 days as opposed to just one ? Coz Im pretty certain I had 4 breedings of Halloweens and not just 3 ?? If yes, why was it changed ? Anybody knows ?

Am I mistaken or were the previous drops 3 days as opposed to just one ? Coz Im pretty certain I had 4 breedings of Halloweens and not just 3 ?? If yes, why was it changed ? Anybody knows ?

The drops were always one day only. Breeding was the previous week. I've done 3 breedings - I don't THINK I ever managed 4. Some people have with incubate and EQ.

Now the year of the Great Storm (cavern lurkers) things were extended as some people couldn't get on line at all for days. Could that have been it ?

Christmas and Valentines are three day drops because so many people are busy for those holidays. Halloween is a grab all you can get and it's fairly easy to trade for some if you missed them thus has always been just the day.

Ohh, I see, that makes sense, thanks so much, both DragonLady86 and fuzzbucket.

Have a lovely weekend all and a happy Halloween wink.gif

You're right. It doesn't work on Dark Mysts. I finally tried it for myself to get some screenies last night, so I could finally report it.

Thanks for looking into it (even if there is only 1 day left).

Edited by Booo

When does breeding of past Halloween dragons stop producing Halloween outcomes? I still have a couple unbred but want to wait until close to the end.

Is it at 12 am cave time on Nov 1? Just want to be sure.

Edited by harlequinraven

When does breeding of past Halloween dragons stop producing Halloween outcomes? I still have a couple unbred but want to wait until close to the end.

At the end of the halloween drop (so 27 hours from now)

so how do dead dragons in lineages work? Do their names never get released?

I know the tombstone will eventually disappear from my scroll, but is the name locked down forever since it's part of a lineage?

one dragon zombified, but it's parent failed and remains dead.

example: https://dragcave.net/lineage/j1vY

I wonder if it's the lag which first prevented my clicks from going through on a brew attempt, then gave me a dark-grey blank screen with a 'failed to brew, for unknown reasons' notice, followed by a white screen with a 'bad gateway' notice? And I wonder if my ingredients are gone from that... looks like it...

Edit: and I made two potions after that OK, but when I went to leave the area, got another 'Failed to brew' notice, despite having the potion right there?

Edit: now I'm getting 'failed to brew, not enough ingredients', AFTER the ingredients go into the pot, and I seem to have lost ingredients, although I still have 1 each showing above the pot and as ingredients in the boxes below?

Anyone else having issues ike this?

Edited by Syphoneira

so how do dead dragons in lineages work? Do their names never get released?

I know the tombstone will eventually disappear from my scroll, but is the name locked down forever since it's part of a lineage?

one dragon zombified, but it's parent failed and remains dead.

example: https://dragcave.net/lineage/j1vY

the names of dead dragons are never released, and I think the code is never recycled either. Search for a dragon named santa and you'll see it's been dead for years.

question of my own: can i get out of the 5-hour limit on cb eggs by incubating it?

question of my own: can i get out of the 5-hour limit on cb eggs by incubating it?

No, the only possible way to get it off your scroll before the 5 hours is to bite it and have it repulse. Which transfers the timer to whoever picks it up.

No, the only possible way to get it off your scroll before the 5 hours is to bite it and have it repulse. Which transfers the timer to whoever picks it up.

Please remember that if you bite something and it dies, the shell will take up an eggslot for 24 hours. You're better off waiting out the 5h if you plan to catch any more Halloween eggs today.