Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I will always recommend the report button (the nifty button in the right hand corner next to the quote button). That button isn't just for rule offenders, but for "small" things like moving things, or in this case, wiping an entire thread! I think it sends an email notification as well to the help mods/global mods (?).

But the report button says "This form is to be used ONLY for reporting objectional content, etc and is not to be used as a method of communicating with moderators for other reasons." >.> Soo, yeah, I'm not using that.

Maybe I should just delete the whole thread and make a new one |D Are there rules against that? It's been inactive for over a year...

ETA: thanks guys |D I'll try the report thing; seems easier since somehow I've forgotten how to delete a thread. I feel really stupid right now.

Edited by sunshine_ley

But the report button says "This form is to be used ONLY for reporting objectional content, etc and is not to be used as a method of communicating with moderators for other reasons." >.> Soo, yeah, I'm not using that.

Maybe I should just delete the whole thread and make a new one |D Are there rules against that? It's been inactive for over a year...

Pretty sure one of the mods (Socky, if memory serves) has said it's okay to use report for stuff like this. You can also check the Members list, set it to show only moderators from the appropriate forum section, and search all available. That'll give you a list of active mods for that forum section; you can PM any of them.

Here's a screenshot that should hopefully make all that clearer.

I don't think there are..I'm pretty sure it's ok if a thread has been inactive.

"Abandoned eggs may have less time left than normal eggs, but by taking one, you gain a 1 day bonus if it's never been dropped before."

I'm a little confused. If the time showing in the Ap has the time added already, where does this day come in? I don't understand.

"Abandoned eggs may have less time left than normal eggs, but by taking one, you gain a 1 day bonus if it's never been dropped before."

I'm a little confused. If the time showing in the Ap has the time added already, where does this day come in? I don't understand.

If you look at an AP's egg's view page before it's ever been picked up, the time shown is a day less than the egg in the AP shows. For example, if you look at an egg's view page and it says 4d 5h, and the egg has never been picked up from the AP, when you pick up that egg it will actually have 5d 5h. It officially gains the extra day when you pick it up, but the AP shows the egg as if the time had already been added.

What's the science behind a neglected dragon??

It's all very confusing to me, is it like the Vampire?

Public discussion of Neglected-making is against the rules. However, private discussion is allowed... such as via PM... wink.gif

I found this a bit odd:

Are you supposed to be able to do this?

Someone reported the ability to describe non-zombie dead ealier. Shouldn't be able to happen. I have reported it.

Pretty sure one of the mods (Socky, if memory serves) has said it's okay to use report for stuff like this. You can also check the Members list, set it to show only moderators from the appropriate forum section, and search all available. That'll give you a list of active mods for that forum section; you can PM any of them.

Here's a screenshot that should hopefully make all that clearer.

Yeah, I am totally okay with the report button being used for modly action, not just rule breaking.

MisaTange - section mods and globals. :3

I think I've heard this but just wanted to make sure: Hatchlings in a trade cannot grow up no matter their time left, right?

I think I've heard this but just wanted to make sure: Hatchlings in a trade cannot grow up no matter their time left, right?

Wrong. Eggs in a trade will still hatch (and break the trade in the process), hatchies in a trade will still grow up on you (and break the trade in the process).

Wrong. Eggs in a trade will still hatch (and break the trade in the process), hatchies in a trade will still grow up on you (and break the trade in the process).

And if the trade breaks that way (rather than being cancelled), the magi will have to go through the 2 day cooldown.

I'm not able to access anything on the main site - it's a 502 error so should I assume there's nothing I can do on my end?

I'm getting this too - a bug?

Too many people on, it's breaking the Cave, and slowing things down. New Halloween eggs are hatching, and hatchies are growing up, and the AP still has some holiday eggs. So, yeah, it overwhelms the servers. It'll pass. If you get the Bad Gateway thing, just wait a little bit and try again.

So ... this has never happened to me ... I lost three eggs at once due to sickness, even though I fogged them when I got the message they were sick. It was my first Gaia Xenowyrm ever and two lovely Gemshards. I know eggs can die from sickness even if they have been fogged to protect them, but is it unusual to lose three eggs all at one time? sad.gif

Second question: When I saw the dead egg shells, they were no longer fogged. sad.gif Is it normal if I fogged them and they died for the eggs to unfog themselves? Thanks in advance.

ETA: I nabbed another Xeno ... to replace the lost one, thankfully.

Edited by missy_

If the three eggs were all in the same sites and had similar stats it wouldn't be too surprising to lose them all.

And, yes, eggs are automatically unfogged when they die.

I am sorry about your eggs. Good luck with your replacement. smile.gif

Yes, they were all in the same sites and I believe caught within hours of each other.

Did not know they were unfogged when they die ... Good to know.

Thanks, hunting for replacements now. smile.gif It was just a shock to see three of them all dead ... maybe I put them in hatcheries too soon. I generally don't, but I must have done something diffferent. Will be more careful next time.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9008698

My impression was that whenever an artist/conceptor came into a bsa thread and said no, that was it and the threads mostly either died or moved in a different direction without that person's dragon. Is this a wrong impression (I definitely could be remembering things incorrectly!)?

If an artist says no, that's going to be respected. But their permission is not needed (ie not needed to create the thread and if they don't give an opinion, then it's okay for the site as long as it's okay with TJ).

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9008698

My impression was that whenever an artist/conceptor came into a bsa thread and said no, that was it and the threads mostly either died or moved in a different direction without that person's dragon.  Is this a wrong impression (I definitely could be remembering things incorrectly!)?

On the whole TJ has very much taken the creator's view on board. But the issue on that thread is that no-one has been able to FIND where the creator said that.

Find it, link it, or ask her to come in and comment - but until that happens we don't know for sure that she ever said it.

Edited by fuzzbucket

if i say breed a lightning xenowym to a dragon from the forest biome does it have a chance to make a chrono egg?

if i say breed a lightning xenowym to a dragon from the forest biome does it have a chance to make a chrono egg?

I think it more depends on the elemental affinity of the dragon rather than the biome it is from. But I could be wrong.

Breeding of Xenowyrms is biomebased:

Situation 1: Xeno x Non-Xeno (regular biome):

Outcome 1: the Xeno breeds its same variation

Outcome 2: you get an egg from the Non-Xeno breed

Outcome 3: you get the Xeno corresponding to the Non-Xeno's biome

You can also take a look for breeding Xenowyrms here:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8844106

Wiki below Egg Sequence