Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Well, snap links for hunting is very different from snap links for viewing adult dragons for encyclopedia purposes. Although I wonder how effective snap links ever were for hunting to begin with.

I don't believe snaplinking an egg is any faster than clicking it (actually slower since you have to click and drag rather than just click), but it can be unfair at the beginning of Holiday drops when everyone's crazy trying to grab them and you lasso all three eggs. I can understand they're unwanted there, but otherwise it doesn't seem much of an advantage. But I haven't been able to find any mod or TJ comment on the use of them with the forum's search feature so wanted to check they're not banned in general before I lasso a couple hundred more Whiptail hatchies rolleyes.gif

Wait, you can just insert any font name like this

[FONT=Font_Name_Here]Text[/font]

and it'll work on the forum, as long as the viewing user has it installed? Awesome, never knew thumbs_up.png

Testing

Edit: doesn't seem different to me but maybe that's because I'm on an ipad.

Edited by Mirhana

I can't seem to find info on raising an Astrapi Xenowyrm, the Wiki doesn't give much info and I can't find any Xenowyrmi-based topics here. I've put it on a click site, hoping that works..

I need to find out all I can to make sure this egg doesn't die, what should I do?

<3

Edited by MaskedDeath

I was hoping to attach an image to one of my posts in the dragon requests forum without hosting it through another site using the 'attach' option that shows up when posting, but got an error about the file type not being supported. I searched the help, the dragon requests FAQ, the normal FAQ and help forum for what file types were acceptable, and couldn't find information.

A little help please?

I can't seem to find info on raising an Astrapi Xenowyrm, the Wiki doesn't give much info and I can't find any Xenowyrmi-based topics here. I've put it on a click site, hoping that works..

I need to find out all I can to make sure this egg doesn't die, what should I do?

<3

Though there is some variations across breeds (chickens need few views, Golds more) raising eggs isn't that different across species. What I generally do: leave it the first 12 hours or so, then put it into one hatchery, put it in a second hatchery when it reaches 5 days and isn't cracking yet. If you don't have much experience raising eggs it's better to put it in one or two hatcheries; if it gets too much views it may get softshell and die, but if it has too few views you can always put it in an ER to hatch it when the timer falls below 4 days. There's a list of active fansites here.

I was hoping to attach an image to one of my posts in the dragon requests forum without hosting it through another site using the 'attach' option that shows up when posting, but got an error about the file type not being supported. I searched the help, the dragon requests FAQ, the normal FAQ and help forum for what file types were acceptable, and couldn't find information.

Hm, odd, I don't see any 'attach' option other than the

[img=URL_HERE]

tags, for which you have to host it on an external site. Never mind, the dragon requests forum does have an attach function. Sadly I don't know what sort of files you can attach either :/ What file type are you trying to attach? Maybe convert it to a more common file type?

Edited by Mirhana

I haven't participated in a DC Christmas or Valentine's Day since the bred limit was raised. From what I understand, you can still only get 2 CBs of the new holiday, but you can have unlimited 2nd gens or higher. Is that right?

I haven't participated in a DC Christmas or Valentine's Day since the bred limit was raised. From what I understand, you can still only get 2 CBs of the new holiday, but you can have unlimited 2nd gens or higher. Is that right?

This is correct. smile.gif 2 of the new CB releases, however many you can pack onto your scroll from the AP/breeding of the rest!

Seems I've never read the rules thoroughly enough or they've changed since I registered, but

Does this include auto-refreshers used on your own ND-experiments / ER eggs, or Snaplinks used to view dragons? I can imagine auto-refreshers or opening 50 pages with snaplinks to get encyclopedia entries causes a bit of server load, but does that count as advantage over other users?

I'm not sure that they're "tools that modify pages" but still, better check.

Advantages would be those like during hunting or - say if scroll filters hadn't been implemented and you modified the page to show dragons that were able to use their BSA, that could be considered an advantage. Not viewing dragons for the encyclopedia. You are allowed to view your own dragons, so you can AR them as well.

<3

They are an egg, just like any other species on DC starts out as. It is like raising an egg. 100% the same as whatever you were doing in the past.

I have requested a mentor for you.

Maybe convert it to a more common file type?

I tried converting it to .png already, which should be pretty common, and I still got an error.

A little help please?

More information please!

What is your file saved as? What size is it?

I suspect file types are the same as the accepted avatar types:

The following file types are allowed: .gif .jpg .jpeg .png

When holiday refusals are turned off, does it only apply to one type of holiday or all of them? Has anyone tried a Christmas/non-holiday pairing on Halloween to see if the partner is still translucent?

When holiday refusals are turned off, does it only apply to one type of holiday or all of them? Has anyone tried a Christmas/non-holiday pairing on Halloween to see if the partner is still translucent?

Only for said holiday of dragon sadly. I tried breeding something vday related during christmas and it was still refused.....

Aw, darn. I thought it was a possible loophole.

Can someone please tell me when Autumn finishes on dragcave?

In the descriptions thread it's implied that users can read the comments made on their own descriptions by reviewers... where would I go to see this? Is there an obvious link I'm missing?

On the page where you write the description (Dragon -> Actions -> Describe). They appear under your description. There may be no comments to see though, I have a few which have been submitted weeks ago and not had any comments.

Edited by Mirhana

Seasonals switch on the solstices.

AND the Equinoxes. Solstices and Equinoxes is when the Seasonals change.

Also, I just dumped several walls worth of pinks and reds into the AP just now. Anyone needing some, check out the AP in a couple days. And you're welcome!!! laugh.gif

Edited by Riverwillows

Question that might have already been answered:

How do I determine what time an egg that I have bred to the AP (by mistake blink.gif ) will appear in the AP? I've heard that you add a day on to it, but I've also heard that the day gets added when you pick it up. It's all sorts of confusing so I'd just like to know. Thank you smile.gif

~~~ Nevermind, figured it out on my own accords, thank you though xd.png ~~~

Edited by Clya

This might seem like a silly question but how is gender determined?

I want desperately for this Xeno to be male but I have a bad feeling it'll turn out to be female..the last time I felt that was also when a crimson became female.

I want desperately for this Xeno to be male but I have a bad feeling it'll turn out to be female..the last time I felt that was also when a crimson became female.

It's random, unless you have some pink dragons to help influence the eggy.

If you need help with influencing or correct gendering in general, here is a thread that can help you out ---> https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=165874

You could also go here if it genders wrong ---> https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=51668

Edited by Clya

Has the fertility action page stopped working for anybody else?

The dragon list doesn't load, there's just the flying dragon image, even after several minutes.

refresh (not hard refresh) the flapping wings, sometimes it loads on 2nd try

refresh (not hard refresh) the flapping wings, sometimes it loads on 2nd try

Thanks, it worked! smile.gif

(I only thought of trying again and again from the dragon's page, not refreshing the loading page itself...)