Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I didn't think any of the potions worked on hatchlings? You get an error with a tombstone and lose the potion.

A few of them do, though. I have seen a white and red Falcon hatchling and a dark Golden Wyvern hatchling.

And I tried it with a Dark-Myst mature hatchling and THAT didn't work. Incredible...

You're right. It doesn't work on Dark Mysts. I finally tried it for myself to get some screenies last night, so I could finally report it.

The cave time clock in the FAQ doesn't work for me, is there any other way to find that out?

The cave time clock in the FAQ doesn't work for me, is there any other way to find that out?

That fansite has changed locations and the new site doesn't seem to have the clock, yet.

Try this one.

You can fog an egg or hatchling and look at the timestamp of that action in your Action Log.

Also, front page of the cave itself, when viewing it with default skin or when logged out.

Also also, https://dragcave.net/help/time

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I was just wondering if there are any ingredient combinations that work. I've blended several combinations and not a single one has given me a potion. What's the secret?

Potion Brewing 2015

Link in first post to a document that lists all ingredients and potions.

Edited by Riverwillows

I was just wondering if there are any ingredient combinations that work. I've blended several combinations and not a single one has given me a potion. What's the secret?

Yes, there are quite a number of combinations that work (22, to be precise).

If you want to figure it out for yourself, look at the ingredient descriptions. They give you hints about what they interact with. You can also check out the DC Wiki if you'd rather be spoiled.

I have the forum's site skin set to "Spring", and I'm wondering if there are Autumn/Fall, Winter, or Summer skins? O.o

I have the forum's site skin set to "Spring", and I'm wondering if there are Autumn/Fall, Winter, or Summer skins? O.o

There is a winter one. (or used to be, haven't changed from Spring for awhile.)

It's the regular blue one, with the addition of snowflakes. previously it was only available during winter months. Once winter was over it would switch back to the default red on you.

....lemme go check if it is still there.

Edit, it is currently not available, but I don't know if that's because it's not winter or because it doesn't exist anymore.

Edited by DragonLady86

I want to breed my Shadow Walker male with his mate in 6 hours (when he grows up).

Would I have enough time if I incubated their resulting egg and get it hatched before the Halloween drop so I can get a full set of 7 eggs?

I want to breed my Shadow Walker male with his mate in 6 hours (when he grows up).

Would I have enough time if I incubated their resulting egg and get it hatched before the Halloween drop so I can get a full set of 7 eggs?

You won't be able to breed him if it was an egg you got this year. One generation a year.

Otherwise, in theory, yes you could hatch an egg in two days with incubate.

Really? I never knew that o.O But then we still have the 30th and 31st to breed (not for already bred dragons n' new dragons).

So I can't breed the shadow walker at all this year? Is the option grayed out?

Really? I never knew that o.O But then we still have the 30th and 31st to breed (not for already bred dragons n' new dragons).

So I can't breed the shadow walker at all this year? Is the option grayed out?

IIRC, it will have a last bred date on it and wont show up in the list of available dragons until after the window closes

Holiday dragons that grew up this season will have a "last bred" date which prevents them from breeding true. Probably the 25th?

Edit: ninja.gif 'd

Edit again: Yep, I have a grave from winter magi that hasn't bred since it grew up. The view page says:

Egg Laid on: Oct 31, 2014

Hatched on: Nov 04, 2014

Grew up on: Nov 07, 2014

Last Bred: Oct 25, 2014

It bred before it was born xd.png

Edited by Ha-Ki

Rats! Okay, thank you! I'll just breed Lunar heralds from him for the time being, then. *runs off to go use fertility on the mate*

Edited by Stellaluna22

Uhmm... I thought the kill action isn't available as long as the tombstone of the killed dragon (or the eggshell) is visible on our scrolls, which would be 14 days. I killed 4 adults for zombie fodder on the 17th to max out zombie attempts. I killed one a few days ago. I have 4 kill slots available. Did that change? The tombstones haven't disappeared yet, though.

Uhmm... I thought the kill action isn't available as long as the tombstone of the killed dragon (or the eggshell) is visible on our scrolls, which would be 14 days. I killed 4 adults for zombie fodder on the 17th to max out zombie attempts. I killed one a few days ago. I have 4 kill slots available. Did that change? The tombstones haven't disappeared yet, though.

Uhh. Yeah, you're right, I killed 5 dragons on the 17th and my killslots are all back (tombstones are still there ofc). WTF?

We have to wait exactly 24 hours until our killslots are back. Patience!

So i cannot teleport one of the egg that i am holding after a breeding of a Holiday Dragon? sad.gif

Is there a thread where i can announce that i am searching one special egg out of the batch of four Desipis eggs? I already write something into my signature and named the parents that i want a special back back but i want to do more.

Edited by Tigerkralle

We have to wait exactly 24 hours until our killslots are back. Patience!

So i cannot teleport one of the egg that i am holding after a breeding of a Holiday Dragon?  sad.gif

Is there a thread where i can announce that i am searching one special egg out of the batch of four Desipis eggs? I already write something into my signature and named the parents that i want a special back back but i want to do more.

You can't teleport one egg if you are planning to keep one of that clutch. You can only control one egg from each clutch -- either keeping or teleporting. You will need to "keep" one of the eggs before you can teleport it and as soon as you do the others will all autoabandon.

You have really done all you can to get your egg back. I hope the person who gets it will return it to you.

Edited by purplehaze

So if i want to teleport or offer on of the four eggs i have to abandon the up to three other eggs? sad.gif I offered one egg for the trade that i arranged but i couln't offer an egg from the batch until i confirmed on the acton page of the egg that i will keep the egg that i am know offering.

Does it always works that way?

That all eggs will be autoabandon is very clear that text in-cave don't give any space for the slightest doubt about this. laugh.gif

Forgotten to say: Thank you!

Edited by Tigerkralle

So if i want to teleport or offer on of the four eggs i have to abandon the up to three other eggs? sad.gif I offered one egg for the trade that i arranged but i couln't offer an egg from the batch until i confirmed on the acton page of the egg that i will keep the egg that i am know offering.

Does it always works that way?

Yes, it has always worked that way with multiclutches. And if you don't select one to keep within a certain time (30 minutes I think?) then all of the held eggs will abandon.