Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Anyone experiencing issue's with custom sorting? just spent an hour trying to move tombstones getting Bad Gateway after hitting save and to make it worse it scattering the tombstones anywhere not where they had a start point sad.gif

Yes. Just came in to ask the same thing.

Anyone experiencing issue's with custom sorting? just spent an hour trying to move tombstones  getting Bad Gateway after hitting save and to make it worse it scattering the tombstones anywhere not where they had a start point sad.gif

I had this earlier, around when you posted, but I just tried again, and it worked fine. ^^

EDIT: Spoke too soon. =p

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I too couldn't shift my marrow and kept getting Bad Gateway, until I tried the Legacy Custom Sort, where you specify the numbers. That one was slow, but worked.

I can't remember if it's written somewhere, but after a dragon is renamed, will the old name be available to use again? I'm having a problem as I feel like changing the name of my dragon, but I'm not sure if I could ever change the name back, if I regret the change.

You can always give another dragon the old name so you will have the option of taking it back if you change your mind.

Yes, I have been having just that problem. It's happened the last three times I've tried to move my new hatchies to the end of the growing up line.  After I wait for it to finish it turns to a white page that says 502 Bad Gateway.

I had that problem last night, too. This morning I am still getting Bad Gateway, but when I closed that page and reopened my scroll I found that my dragons actually had held the sort.

Edited by purplehaze

You can always give another dragon the old name so you will have the option of taking it back if you change your mind.

Woah, I for some reason hadn't even thought about that. It's a great idea! Thank you. (◕ヮ◕)

Anyone experiencing issue's with custom sorting? just spent an hour trying to move tombstones  getting Bad Gateway after hitting save and to make it worse it scattering the tombstones anywhere not where they had a start point sad.gif

I'm having problems with the 502 bad Gateway in Alternate Custom Sort, and it isn't saving my changes.

Separate issue, but would it have any bearing on the gateway problem - most of the ads that the sites, Forum and Cave, have been loading in the past week seem to have Flash elements. My bandwidth usage shot WAY up in the first day of the event, 20% of the month's allotment in that one day, even with Flash disabled. Since the event and Sort both require javascript, is there something in these ads which is causing the problem?

Edited by dragongrrl

Do Striped Rivers still not have Encyclopedia entries, or am I just not seeing them?

I'm having problems with the 502 bad Gateway in Alternate Custom Sort, and it isn't saving my changes.

Separate issue, but would it have any bearing on the gateway problem - most of the ads that the sites, Forum and Cave, have been loading in the past week seem to have Flash elements. My bandwidth usage shot WAY up in the first day of the event, 20% of the month's allotment in that one day, even with Flash disabled. Since the event and Sort both require javascript, is there something in these ads which is causing the problem?

Anyone?

@dragongrrl - I guess it is possible. I know I absolutely had to turn on my adblocker in order to be able to hunt the Halloween eggs in the cave -- otherwise pages were just taking too long to load. TJ says it doesn't affect load times of the eggs and that may be true, but you can't refresh successfully until the ad has loaded as well, and that takes forever so I kept getting white pages when refreshing.

I am having the same problem with Custom Sort, and yes, I ALWAYS have to turn off my ad blocker. Wonder what's up that we can't sort now??

Anyone?

I just got this while sorting my dragons. I waited a few seconds, refreshed, and everything was fine.

Edited by evangeline5432

I just got this while sorting my dragons. I waited a few seconds, refreshed, and everything was fine.

Refreshing isn't working for me on Sort right now. I just get the bad gateway again.

Refreshing isn't working for me on Sort right now. I just get the bad gateway again.

Have you cleared your cache and such?

Maybe tried closing the window down?

I used alternate custom sort. Legacy and custom are both working for me, however, there is a massive amount of lag.

How do I get reviews for a dragon description?

When I described her (in February) I had no feedback for a while. I admit I didn't review others' descriptions either. Then I spent half a morning reviewing, and soon I had 5 reviews myself. Then nothing for a long while. (I did review sometimes, but never a big bunch.) Then after another long session of reviewing, I got 4 more feedbacks. (In August I suppose?) But since then, nothing. My dragon stands at 8 approvals and 1 rejection, and no matter how many descriptions I read, I don't seem to get any more.

I understand mods have little time and would only look at descriptions that have already been read and approved by many other players, but how will my dragon catch their attention if she's not getting any?

I know there is a backlog of descriptions, and not as many people are able to look at all of them right now. It can take a lot of time.

Have you checked out this thread?

Mosey: Right here.

It is under site discussion. smile.gif

Edited by evangeline5432

After having earlier issue's with sorting dragons, (trying to move Tombstones to end of scroll) my previously neatly organised Valentine and Halloweens now look like a scrambled soup, sad.gif Tombstones are spreading out over 1st page as if i have Measles blink.gif done all i can think of to rectify but the more i do the worse its getting unsure.gif

After having earlier issue's with sorting dragons, (trying to move Tombstones to end of scroll) my previously neatly organised Valentine and Halloweens now look like a scrambled soup, sad.gif Tombstones are spreading out over 1st page as if i have Measles blink.gif done all i can think of to rectify but the more i do the worse its getting unsure.gif

Might want to wait a bit. DC seems to be under heavy lag right now. Even adding stuff to a fansite (doesn't matter which one) is taking forever. It wouldn't surprise me if more heavy operations are just timing out.

It finally worked! smile.gif

Yeah, lag all over is pretty bad. It's because everyone incubated their Halloweenies and now they are all being hatched, and everyone is hovering....

Yeah, lag all over is pretty bad. It's because everyone incubated their Halloweenies and now they are all being hatched, and everyone is hovering....

Also because people have finally figured out that it takes more than 1-2 viewers in the fansites to give views to all these thousands of eggs, so now the pendulum has fully swung the other way and there are a ton of people sitting in the fansites giving views - which means thousands of image loads from the DC server.