Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Indeed - but you can't pick them, up - and then they are still there on refresh. That's NOT just the number of people.

Indeed - but you can't pick them, up - and then they are still there on refresh. That's NOT just the number of people.

I just ran into that same problem. I can click it all I want, but it doesn't take. And I can hard refresh and see it's still there, exact same code. Several tries in a row.

What olympe is saying is that the sheer number of people is actually lagging the AP out, so if someone takes an egg there's so much lag the AP doesn't update until several seconds later.

What olympe is saying is that the sheer number of people is actually lagging the AP out, so if someone takes an egg there's so much lag the AP doesn't update until several seconds later.

I didn't know such a thing was possible, but I'm seeing right now. ohmy.gif Thanks for the answer.

Hope the Cave isn't broken, the AP wouldn't refresh and now 'Bad Gateway'?

Edit: and boy, am I over-tired! lol

Edited by Syphoneira

For future ref, the name check thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=113782

What you've described sounds like it is probably okay by DC guidelines, although perhaps you could provide an example, as the only thing I know from B&B is the laugh.

Thanks for the link! I couldn't find that thread for some reason.

Well, like, an example would be "I need TP for my bunghole!" The character Cornholio used to go off on these insane rants with a certain pattern to the stuff he'd say. So for example one of the parents of my dragon is "ARE YOU THREATENING ME", after which the character would usually say something like, "My bunghole will not wait!" The whole rant would be something like, "I am Cornholio! I need TP for my bunghole! Are you threatening me!? My bunghole will not wait!" So with the lineage I've got right now, the ancestors have "I am Cornholio" x "I need TP", with "Are you threatening me", so there's a certain natural flow to the next name to be used.

So it'd be something along those lines. Pretty absurdist when you get down to it actually. xd.png But I just wanted to be sure like I said before.

Edited by Lurhstaap

If you are unsatisfied with the names, perhaps you can simply abandon the lineage. smile.gif

Where is the influence for me thread?

Right here!

You may have been checking the wrong section tongue.gif Trade threads and helping type threads are in the Trade section since you transfer eggs between people.

Right here!

You may have been checking the wrong section tongue.gif Trade threads and helping type threads are in the Trade section since you transfer eggs between people.

thanks!

Question that may or may not have been answered but I'm lazy so sorry:

If I were to create a new topic in the Original Works thread would it have to be approved first? I know some new topics in some threads have to be approved first (in fact I'm not quite sure how that works), but I just wanted to check before I accidentally did something wrong xd.png

Have you taken a look at the rules?

Thanks, I guess that sort of helps. I read it but I didn't exactly find the answer to my question unless I'm just blind.

Thanks, I guess that sort of helps. I read it but I didn't exactly find the answer to my question unless I'm just blind.

I think it very much depends on what you're doing. If you are posting work you've done, then you don't have to. Perhaps, you should go message the mod that oversees that section?

Question that may or may not have been answered but I'm lazy so sorry:

If I were to create a new topic in the Original Works thread would it have to be approved first? I know some new topics in some threads have to be approved first (in fact I'm not quite sure how that works), but I just wanted to check before I accidentally did something wrong xd.png

No, feel free to post.

Thanks for the link! I couldn't find that thread for some reason.

Well, like, an example would be "I need TP for my bunghole!" The character Cornholio used to go off on these insane rants with a certain pattern to the stuff he'd say. So for example one of the parents of my dragon is "ARE YOU THREATENING ME", after which the character would usually say something like, "My bunghole will not wait!" The whole rant would be something like, "I am Cornholio! I need TP for my bunghole! Are you threatening me!? My bunghole will not wait!" So with the lineage I've got right now, the ancestors have "I am Cornholio" x "I need TP", with "Are you threatening me", so there's a certain natural flow to the next name to be used.

So it'd be something along those lines. Pretty absurdist when you get down to it actually. xd.png But I just wanted to be sure like I said before.

The won't wait one comes off as kinda sexually inappropriate just by itself and pushes the line, imo. The TP one would be okay. Maybe just "It Can't Wait" or something? Seems like that would match the flow you mentioned.

If you are unsatisfied with the names, perhaps you can simply abandon the lineage. smile.gif

They aren't disasstisfied, just checking to make sure they are following the rules. In fact, they seem to quite enjoy the nostalgia and humor of the lineage.

I think it very much depends on what you're doing. If you are posting work you've done, then you don't have to. Perhaps, you should go message the mod that oversees that section?

Lots of people have OW threads, so it was reasonable to assume they could find an answer from members before PM'ing a mod. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Oh, I'm not at ALL dissatisfied with the names! I love them. I'm just trying to make sure the logical names to continue the lineage don't break the rules. smile.gif

Oh, I'm not at ALL dissatisfied with the names! I love them. I'm just trying to make sure the logical names to continue the lineage don't break the rules. smile.gif

I own the CB pair, and back then I shyed away from naming one parent "I need TP for my bunghole". It is borderline - personally, I would not not mind, but it is a risk regarding lineages. If you don't want to continue the lineage (meaning that it would be important that both parents live), then try the bunghole line on the mate of the SW and see if it gets reported. If the mate lives until next Halloween, you could switch the name over.

As long as the mods give the okay, you are fine. There will always be people offended by certain names. Some names I have on dragons I have asked about and got okay-ed, but I never breed the dragon and abandon the eggs, just to avoid any possible complaints.

I remember I had a dragon with the word butthole in the name and had so search to find it (I have more "butt" dragons than I remember having)

http://dragcave.net/lineage/UWCq3

Again, I haven't bred it, even though it's the name of a band.

My friends have viewed my scroll multiple times and clicked my eggs but they haven't gotten views or anything..planning on abandoning them in the next hour. Turns out, I won't be getting any Halloween eggs for the fourth year in a row :'(

My friends have viewed my scroll multiple times and clicked my eggs but they haven't gotten views or anything..planning on abandoning them in the next hour. Turns out, I won't be getting any Halloween eggs for the fourth year in a row :'(

I just clicked on them and they went up.

Why not stick them in hatcheries?

http://www.allureofnds.net/

http://valleysherwood.com/

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Click_Sites

Edited by lollipop00

I'm confused... did you put them in hatcheries?

I just clicked on them and they went up.

Why not stick them in hatcheries?

http://www.allureofnds.net/

http://valleysherwood.com/

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Click_Sites

Me and my friends have cleared cache and cookies, both eggs are still at zero. I don't ever put anything in hatcheries because all other dragons have grown up successfully in the past with no help whatsoever.