Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

The holiday biome is available for the week leading up to each holiday, at the same time as the holiday event. :) You can grab CB versions of dragons from previous years during this week, but you're limited by the existing CB restrictions (2 for Christmas and Valentine's, unlimited for Halloween). 

Well that's all I needed to know. Thanks a lot! :D

You need to know one more thing. This happened for the last three holidays for the first time. We don't actually KNOW if it will happen again.

Zombie question. Is it the last day of any month that raises the chance of a zombie or only those with 31 days?

~ Thank you purplehaze.

Edited by Wiz

23 minutes ago, Wiz said:

Zombie question. Is it the last day of any month that raises the chance of a zombie or only those with 31 days?

Only the 31st.

Maybe this was already answered somewhere, but I didn't find it.

When I make an offer on a trade, I get a notification if my offer was accepted or declined. But today I made an offer, a while later I went again to the trading page, and the offer was not there. Had a look in my trade history and it said cancelled. No notification at all.

Does this mean that the other part cancelled the trade? Or that they accepted another offer? And why this does not generate a notification?

Thanks for any clarification!

Something may have hatched (that happened to me the other day.) Or yes, they could have cancelled it, and no, I think that DOESN'T get a notification.

On 9/24/2018 at 10:34 PM, HeatherMarie said:

Actually it does matter. It's been proven multiple times that you need to have the breed unlocked in the Encyclopedia for it to show up in the drop-down box in the Trading Hub. I don't particularly agree that it *should* work that way, but that is the way it currently works. However, if you have locked breeds appearing then *that* may be a glitch. Can you take a screenshot of what you are seeing?

On 9/25/2018 at 3:11 AM, DragonLady86 said:

Only the "egg" image has to be unlocked.  

I was able to find someone to eventually trade me some balloon eggs to see if that helped by unlocking the egg stage on the encyclopedia page. it did. balloons now show up in the trading hub list.  However, there are still some breeds that are completely locked to me (can't access the encyclopedia page) that are showing up in the trading hub menu  - Shallow Water dragons and 1 of the 3 avatars to be specific.

Of the 3 avatars only the Avatar of Destruction is partially unlocked and it appears in the trading hub menu.  The avatar of change and avatar of creation are totally locked, but the avatar of creation shows up in the trading menu while the avatar of change does not.  If only the egg image has to be unlocked then the avatar of creation should not be showing in the trading hub.   Same goes for the shallow water dragon... totally locked, but appears in the trading hub.

image.png.460fc101fb9037f8e686303b3bc2c480.png

5 hours ago, WraithZephyr said:

I was able to find someone to eventually trade me some balloon eggs to see if that helped by unlocking the egg stage on the encyclopedia page. it did. balloons now show up in the trading hub list.  However, there are still some breeds that are completely locked to me (can't access the encyclopedia page) that are showing up in the trading hub menu  - Shallow Water dragons and 1 of the 3 avatars to be specific.

Of the 3 avatars only the Avatar of Destruction is partially unlocked and it appears in the trading hub menu.  The avatar of change and avatar of creation are totally locked, but the avatar of creation shows up in the trading menu while the avatar of change does not.  If only the egg image has to be unlocked then the avatar of creation should not be showing in the trading hub.   Same goes for the shallow water dragon... totally locked, but appears in the trading hub.

You should make a new topic so this can get seen, it is a bug.  I had one when the Market and hub first released detailing inconsistencies users were seeing, but it might be better to start a new one. 
https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/182683-unlocking-new-features/?tab=comments#comment-9696728

I *think* in order to unlock the Encyclopedia page, enough *adults* need to be viewed/raised.

Does anybody know if the BSA fertility wears off some time after it is used and the dragon isn't bred afterwards? I mean e. g. I use it on dragon X now but will not be able to breed it until like 4 days later.. will it still work?

Edited by Soulsborne

1 minute ago, Soulsborne said:

Does anybody know if the BSA fertility wears off some time after it is used and the dragon isn't bred afterwards? I mean e. g. I use it on dragon X now but will not be able to breed it until like 4 days later.. will it still work?

It won't wear off. Sometimes I discover that I fertilized something that I haven't looked at in *years*.

9 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It won't wear off. Sometimes I discover that I fertilized something that I haven't looked at in *years*.

That's good to know, thanks! (note to myself: grab more purples :D )

Another question:

The official thuwed page states that there are breeding lists (which are closed right now).

Is there any information available on how often those lists open up? I don't know, maybe on holidays, just once a year around date XY, randomly throughout the year or ...are they closed permanently?

They have been closed for a very long time now.  They never were open for holiday requests -- he always bred those to the AP.

Someone asked not long ago on the Ask-a-Mod forum, and this was his answer. Make of it what you will -- somewhat enigmatic as usual.

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/146506-the-bossman/?page=65&tab=comments#comment-9745791

Did the notification icon disappear from mobile? It used to be in the top right corner even if no notification happened.

1 minute ago, Toyo said:

Did the notification icon disappear from mobile? It used to be in the top right corner even if no notification happened.

The icon only appears if you have unread notifications or have received a notification in the last week.

2 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

The icon only appears if you have unread notifications or have received a notification in the last week.

Ah, thanks, TJ!

How long do new releases last? I'm not usually around for the start, I want to know how long I have to hunt before normal eggs start mixing in again :P

1 minute ago, Zeditha said:

How long do new releases last? I'm not usually around for the start, I want to know how long I have to hunt before normal eggs start mixing in again :P

It varies by release. Usually several hours, but there's no set number.

It mostly depends on the rarity of the new eggs. With rarer eggs, the flood lasts shorter than with more common releases. So, if the old eggs mix in quickly - get as many new eggs as you can, as soon as you can. XD 

Prize eggs are still protected from dying as a result of sickness, right? But not actually protected from getting sick alone?

Edited by The Dragoness

14 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Prize eggs are still protected from dying as a result of sickness, right? But not actually protected from getting sick alone?

Yes. They can get sick, but they are protected from dying.

4 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Yes. They can get sick, but they are protected from dying.

Thank you :)