Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

28 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Is there any fansite that tells you how many dragons of each breed you have? Mildly curious about my leading numbers.

I haven't found any. There are ones that give you cavebred/bred totals, frozen hatchie/adult totals, etc etc, but I haven't seen any that actually show separate breeds. When I was (finally) making a spreadsheet I had to manually count every dragon on my scroll.

32 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Is there any fansite that tells you how many dragons of each breed you have? Mildly curious about my leading numbers.

Nope. But you can shortcut the breeds you have a lot of (like me with mints) by making a group with one and clicking 'add all from the same breed', rather than manually counting.

2 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Halloween breeding will end at 11:59PM on the 31st (exactly one week).  Yes it's always one week each. 

Thank you!

10 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

They can't. The API does not return the breed, and page scraping does not go well with TJ (as it creates massive lag).

What I do is create a group, pick one, "add all this breed", look at the count and then delete the group...

How is that even possible:

835365220_yourstatus.png.90a96b5cd1d046e184a383ee7a60cfc5.png

And should I now hatch something quickly or am I safe and it won't auto abandon anything?

The only way I can think of is possibly that you bred a dragon with a celestial and got more than one egg. While eggs are considered held, it might be possible to have more eggs than the limit allows. However, to be safe, I would say hatch an egg so nothing autos.

5 minutes ago, XDLugia said:

The only way I can think of is possibly that you bred a dragon with a celestial and got more than one egg. While eggs are considered held, it might be possible to have more eggs than the limit allows. However, to be safe, I would say hatch an egg so nothing autos.

I bred some xenos for AP, but everything I bred is in AP by now

I have few AP eggs and rest of them are traded for..

Edited by hellhunt

I need to double-check the Siyat color timing... If I DID Incubate the egg, it needs to get down below 1 day in order to hatch purple, correct? (So annoyed I accidentally Incubated it!)

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

I need to double-check the Siyat color timing... If I DID Incubate the egg, it needs to get down below 1 day in order to hatch purple, correct? (So annoyed I accidentally Incubated it!)

I believe you are correct. If you incubate the egg, then you need to wait until the eggs is less than a day to have a purple.

I've tried finding the topic for the trading market, but I can't track it down. My question is more of a pure confusion and slight complaint more than anything. There is a green dino up for trade and I was going to offer something for it, but the person posted that they want: "An extension of the previous."

An extension of the previous what?! What do they mean? This isn't the only one that's confused me. It's hard to offer something when the trading host doesn't make it clear what they want. Even "?????" doesn't help much. I assume it means they're unsure and open to offers, but with over 200 dragon species here it's very hard to determine what they might want, especially if I might have what they're looking for.

Oh, I've seen something like that a few days ago. They posted 2 consecutive trades and stated what they wanted in the first (which was more valuable than their stuff) and posted what you said in the second trade. For me this looked like they wanted to offer 7-8 eggs/hatchies for whatever rare stuff they were looking for... of course, that isn't helpful when you're filtering for the dino and only the second part comes up.

I know, this isn't helping you much but I wanted to share the experience and maybe shed some light :)

5 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

Oh, I've seen something like that a few days ago. They posted 2 consecutive trades and stated what they wanted in the first (which was more valuable than their stuff) and posted what you said in the second trade. For me this looked like they wanted to offer 7-8 eggs/hatchies for whatever rare stuff they were looking for... of course, that isn't helpful when you're filtering for the dino and only the second part comes up.

I know, this isn't helping you much but I wanted to share the experience and maybe shed some light :)

It does explain the confusion, Looking back at it after reading your post, I notice there is a matching trade by the same person. It also defeats the purpose of wanting one rare egg (if that's what they want) when the trade is split, requiring you to offer two things for it to work. and you're fine! I actually feel better knowing I'm not the only one. ^_^

2 hours ago, Syiren said:

I've tried finding the topic for the trading market, but I can't track it down. My question is more of a pure confusion and slight complaint more than anything. There is a green dino up for trade and I was going to offer something for it, but the person posted that they want: "An extension of the previous."

An extension of the previous what?! What do they mean? This isn't the only one that's confused me. It's hard to offer something when the trading host doesn't make it clear what they want. Even "?????" doesn't help much. I assume it means they're unsure and open to offers, but with over 200 dragon species here it's very hard to determine what they might want, especially if I might have what they're looking for.

for ??? or offers, just offer something.  they may not even know what they want, or are just trying to see what they can get for it.  I ask for offers a lot and some of the things I accept are definitely not things I would have asked for but caught my eye anyway. If they don't want it, your not really out anything.

Here's something I don't get about trades...you offer EXACTLY, I mean, EXACTLY what the person is asking for (in my case, a green dino and a CB Mageia Xeno for a Cheese) and they decline it. You offer again, thinking maybe it was a mistake. Nope. Declined again. Uh...do they want something ELSE added? Do they want to see how serious I am about it that I'll keep offering? What's up with this?

Maybe they intended their trade for someone specific and accidentally selected the "public" option?

Or, possibly they specifically don't want to trade with you. Not saying you've done anything wrong of course, I just know that some users do keep personal 'black lists' of people they don't want to trade with, and decline anything that person offers regardless of if it's exactly what they want. It's a frustrating thought, but it happens.

They also might possibly be looking for lower-timed eggs? Or higher-timed? Or maybe they don't like the codes for some reason. Lots of possibilities I guess.

3 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

Here's something I don't get about trades...you offer EXACTLY, I mean, EXACTLY what the person is asking for (in my case, a green dino and a CB Mageia Xeno for a Cheese) and they decline it. You offer again, thinking maybe it was a mistake. Nope. Declined again. Uh...do they want something ELSE added? Do they want to see how serious I am about it that I'll keep offering? What's up with this?

Or maybe they only want ONE? because they're locked?

1 hour ago, Herk said:

Or maybe they only want ONE? because they're locked?

That would be true, if they weren't asking for ALL of them. It could be they want hatchies, but didn't specify.

it's such a pity we can't pin a note to declines - like 'sorry someone else was faster'

I could swear there was a thread about "transporting adult dragons" or some such in the suggestions section. Where has it gone?

4 minutes ago, olympe said:

I could swear there was a thread about "transporting adult dragons" or some such in the suggestions section. Where has it gone?

Yep, it was there, no idea where it's gone though!

7 hours ago, olympe said:

Either a mod closed and moved it (unlikely as there is no indication of such) or the OP hid the first post, which effectually hides the whole topic.

Edited by DragonLady86

I imagine that was it. It got no support at all, so I imagine the OP decided it was flogging a dead horse...