Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

If I keep a hatchery open in a tab in the background if I'm, say, playing a game, will eggs still be getting views from me passively? Also, if I have multiple hatcheries open in different tabs on my browser.. am I giving eggs views on each hatchery I've got open?

57 minutes ago, Tesla said:

If I keep a hatchery open in a tab in the background if I'm, say, playing a game, will eggs still be getting views from me passively? Also, if I have multiple hatcheries open in different tabs on my browser.. am I giving eggs views on each hatchery I've got open?

Yes, and yes.

Just now, Tesla said:

Good to know. Thanks!

You're welcome! Hope you have a good connection! :)

Anyone know how to stop chrome from 'helpfully' unloading tabs with hatcheries. I don't want to turn off that feature altogether, just keep hatchery tabs running

4 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

Anyone know how to stop chrome from 'helpfully' unloading tabs with hatcheries. I don't want to turn off that feature altogether, just keep hatchery tabs running

I think this will work. Go to this page and toggle off the auto discard column for the hatchery tabs you have open. chrome://discards/

I don't have a Magi dragon grown up yet to make my own trade, but am I still able to offer on trades from other users? I got the wrong color of Fire Gem and I want to keep an eye out for trades with the color that I'm looking for but I'm not sure if I offer on a trade, that that offer can be completed as is.

2 minutes ago, BrazenChase said:

I don't have a Magi dragon grown up yet to make my own trade, but am I still able to offer on trades from other users? I got the wrong color of Fire Gem and I want to keep an eye out for trades with the color that I'm looking for but I'm not sure if I offer on a trade, that that offer can be completed as is.

Yeah, you can still offer on trades and be accepted. You only need teleport to initially create the trades.

Edited by DuskOfTheStars

1 minute ago, DuskOfTheStars said:

Yeah, you can still offer and be accepted. You only need teleport to initially create the trades.

Thank you very much!

With this in mind, would it be against site/forum etiquette to try and organize a trade in a trading thread with this handicap? Still trying to get the hang of things.

5 minutes ago, BrazenChase said:

Thank you very much!

With this in mind, would it be against site/forum etiquette to try and organize a trade in a trading thread with this handicap? Still trying to get the hang of things.

I can't find anything specifically pertaining to that, so I think it'd be okay if you ask people to PM you teleports with their offers. I'd still check the thread rules of the thread you're trying to post your trade in.

I am on my tablet using opera mini which is brilliant. But none of the scroll filters work. I scroll to bsa available and nothing happens. If it's an issue with the browser I will live with it as it has hugely speeded up the tablet, but if anyone else knows how to make it work..

These filters usually don't work when javascript is disabled - does Opera come with some pre-set security settings that would need looking at?

Alternatively, try a hard refresh - maybe something just didn't load correctly the first time.

I don't think js is disabled, as all the things that need it are working. No biggie, though. Thanks.

13 hours ago, BrazenChase said:

Thank you very much!

You can absolutely trade that way.  Either put what you have and ask for PMs with a trade link or see if others have what you want and offer it on theirs. (this can also be done in the hub.)

4 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

(this can also be done in the hub.)

Except that for the hub you need a Magi ;)

(you can of course offer on trading hub trades *without* a Magi, but you cannot post any messages ("Wants") in it without one.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

15 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Except that for the hub you need a Magi ;)

(you can of course offer on trading hub trades *without* a Magi, but you cannot post any messages ("Wants") in it without one.)

That was the part I meant.  you don't need a magi to offer on the forums or hub which is exactly what I said.

So you did. My stupid sleepyhead mixed up lines, sorry!

Can a hatchling grow up while sick? I feel like it is possible, but I've never tried it.

Edited by The Dragoness

21 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Can a hatchling grow up while sick? I feel like it is possible, but I've never tried it.

Yes, it does not stop them from growing up.

18 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Yes, it does not stop them from growing up.

Thank you!

Is it me or the hatcheries ER are slow today? I put some eggs and it is taking ages to have their first crack. And I have them in three sites (AoND, Silvis and Evina)

10 minutes ago, Naughtrish said:

Is it me or the hatcheries ER are slow today? I put some eggs and it is taking ages to have their first crack. And I have them in three sites (AoND, Silvis and Evina)

There are over 900 eggs in AoNDs ER, so yeah, it's probably taking a while for them all to get views!

Sorry if this has already been asked but, around when can we expect the Halloween event (when we can breed Halloween dragons, not the new release) to start? Is it usually like a week before Halloween? 

Edited by aqub

4 minutes ago, aqub said:

Sorry if this has already been asked but, around when can we expect the Halloween event (when we can breed Halloween dragons, not the new release) to start? Is it usually like a week before Halloween? 

Halloween Breeding typically starts on the 25th and last to Halloween.