Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Can I kill the wyrms I raised to enter the raffle or will the count drop and cancel the raffle if I do it?

31 minutes ago, FoxintheBox said:

Can I kill the wyrms I raised to enter the raffle or will the count drop and cancel the raffle if I do it?

Once they disappear from your scroll, I imagine the number would probably go back down again. Just to err on the side of caution, I'd recommend waiting until after the raffle has been drawn before killing/releasing any dragons that add to the counter. 

I raised my wyrms, entered the raffle, and then released them. The raffle page still says that I've fulfilled the requirement and entered successfully, so it definitely seems that keeping them on the scroll after they have been successfully raised into adults is not necessary

14 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Is it okay if we put "at work will check ASAP" in the trading hub?

Personally I wouldn't take the chance. It says nothing about what you want or have.

2 hours ago, Jazeki said:

If you have a Want and Have included as well as that message it is fine, as long as you keep it directed at the general public. '0'

2 hours ago, Jazeki said:

I4d wager it's okay, as it's not communicating with one person specifically.

51 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

If you have a Want and Have included as well as that message it is fine, as long as you keep it directed at the general public. '0'

Thanks! And yes, I always have a want and have

Is it okay to say something like "please don't offer commons or dragons past 'x number' lineage"? I am asking specifically for CB dragons, and I have got 4 offers that were messy. One was an nice tinselkin, but it was past 8G and had three different dragons in the lineage, despite being a nice spiral. I just don't want to get in trouble.

16 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Is it okay to say something like "please don't offer commons or dragons past 'x number' lineage"? I am asking specifically for CB dragons, and I have got 4 offers that were messy. One was an nice tinselkin, but it was past 8G and had three different dragons in the lineage, despite being a nice spiral. I just don't want to get in trouble.

Well, if they ignore your asking specifically for CBs I can't imagine they will pay any attention to any other specifications you set. But I think you would be fine saying something like that.

50 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Well, if they ignore your asking specifically for CBs I can't imagine they will pay any attention to any other specifications you set. But I think you would be fine saying something like that.

Sadly, that's true...I just don't get why people would even offer a messy inbred Anagallis on a Chicken or something. I mean, sure, they might get lucky and find someone willing to accept that, but if you ask for CBs only or hatchies only...I don't get why messy eggs are offered. ><

11 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Sadly, that's true...I just don't get why people would even offer a messy inbred Anagallis on a Chicken or something. I mean, sure, they might get lucky and find someone willing to accept that, but if you ask for CBs only or hatchies only...I don't get why messy eggs are offered. ><

Not everyone uses the forums. It might be someone who doesn't know what sort of value a lineage has on the forums, or who might not even know what CB means. If it's not something you want, just decline it and move on.

9 minutes ago, Alectrona said:

Not everyone uses the forums. It might be someone who doesn't know what sort of value a lineage has on the forums, or who might not even know what CB means. If it's not something you want, just decline it and move on.

This.

I see people asking for CB Silvers when what they are offering is a couple of messy-lineaged uncommons or something like that. If they aren't forum members they may not be aware of relative values and the importance of nice lineages to a lot of players.

Something I forgot to ask after re-joining DC. I re-joined back during last Valentine's day and was able to get the past CB holiday dragons. I was so surprised and happy, but I did not have enough time to get all my faves since it was nearing the end of the event. My question: is this a new, annual thing every year now where past CB holidays are obtainable? Will I get another chance next Valentine's day? Does it also happen for the other holidays, Winter and Halloween?

1 minute ago, Tesla said:

Something I forgot to ask after re-joining DC. I re-joined back during last Valentine's day and was able to get the past CB holiday dragons. I was so surprised and happy, but I did not have enough time to get all my faves since it was nearing the end of the event. My question: is this a new, annual thing every year now where past CB holidays are obtainable? Will I get another chance next Valentine's day? Does it also happen for the other holidays, Winter and Halloween?

It did happen for Winter and Halloween last time, but only TJ knows if this will be happening every year. Hopefully it will!

2 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

It did happen for Winter and Halloween last time, but only TJ knows if this will be happening every year. Hopefully it will!

I see, well I'm hoping so too! 

Thank you for the response!

I hope this is an okay question, since it isn't really about my dragons. But does anybody have pairings with prizes x tri horns? I wanted to look at some and see how well they bred before trying my prize.

9 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I hope this is an okay question, since it isn't really about my dragons. But does anybody have pairings with prizes x tri horns? I wanted to look at some and see how well they bred before trying my prize.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/jdPaW based on this and the progeny of his ancestors, they don't do to bad.  But it depends on what you mean be "well".

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/jdPaW based on this and the progeny of his ancestors, they don't do to bad.  But it depends on what you mean be "well".

I wouldn't consider them to be bad breeders at all! My pillow lines are the biggest pain of all. I'll have to try some tri horns in the next couple weeks :) Thank you!

29 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Well, this is what I have so far from my Prize x Trihorn -- https://dragcave.net/progeny/6j5fv But individual pairs are bound to vary. (Her mamma bred her on the very first try, for instance.)

Edited by purplehaze

Just now, purplehaze said:

Well, this is what I have so far from my Prize x Trihorn -- https://dragcave.net/progeny/6j5fv But individual pairs are bound to vary.

Oh ouch, the one baby from it has produced only one shimmer too :( I always thought all prizes bred at the same rate generally, but maybe silver tins breed better than shimmers??

1 minute ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Oh ouch, the one baby from it has produced only one shimmer too :( I always thought all prizes bred at the same rate generally, but maybe silver tins breed better than shimmers??

It may be that Shimmers are slightly more popular, so more people are trying to breed them? I have absolutely nothing to back that up, though.

2 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

every dragon has it's own quirks.  I have a prize I bred for two months before even getting a fail out of it.  but generally I think tri-horns are common enough to be okay.

3 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

tri-horns are common enough to be okay

Their commonness is what makes it tough to get a non-Tri-horn from them.

Yeah, I've noticed that my tinsels seem to breed much better than my shimmers do. Could be the popularity effecting ratios, but I'm not sure to what degree. Though lately, my shimmers have been breeding better...