Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Just now, purplehaze said:

Well, this is what I have so far from my Prize x Trihorn -- https://dragcave.net/progeny/6j5fv But individual pairs are bound to vary.

Oh ouch, the one baby from it has produced only one shimmer too :( I always thought all prizes bred at the same rate generally, but maybe silver tins breed better than shimmers??

1 minute ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Oh ouch, the one baby from it has produced only one shimmer too :( I always thought all prizes bred at the same rate generally, but maybe silver tins breed better than shimmers??

It may be that Shimmers are slightly more popular, so more people are trying to breed them? I have absolutely nothing to back that up, though.

2 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

every dragon has it's own quirks.  I have a prize I bred for two months before even getting a fail out of it.  but generally I think tri-horns are common enough to be okay.

3 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

tri-horns are common enough to be okay

Their commonness is what makes it tough to get a non-Tri-horn from them.

Yeah, I've noticed that my tinsels seem to breed much better than my shimmers do. Could be the popularity effecting ratios, but I'm not sure to what degree. Though lately, my shimmers have been breeding better...

5 minutes ago, Wiz said:

I've got a feeling the answer is 'no' but... can we put 'IOU's considered' in the want box?

I'm going to go with no, because you can't discuss on site. If you can't say "contact me on forums", how are you going to work out an IOU?

58 minutes ago, Wiz said:

I've got a feeling the answer is 'no' but... can we put 'IOU's considered' in the want box?

Mods said specifically that that would get you banned on the trading hub. 

9 minutes ago, teresadurfin said:

do frozen trio hatchlings count towards success rate in summoning a guardian of nature?

No. Hatchies never have BSA actions.

10 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Thanks.

note to self: do not freeze trio.  XD

27 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Exception: Frozen Celestials.

Hopefully I can explain this so it makes sense... 😃

When hunting in the cave, any biome, how do the eggs change after you grab one?

Like if they were like      1         2         3

And I snag 1. Do 2 and 3 rotate to the left and spot 3 gets the new egg?   

Or does an entirely new egg generate into spot 1?

Thanks!  

ETA- Thanks Purplehaze! :)  I thought that was the answer, but wasn't sure.

Edited by jocosa

2 and 3 move left and a new egg moves into the 3 spot.

If you get a trophy, then release some dragons so your Grown Dragon number drops back underneath the trophy number..... do you keep your trophy? (I'm hesitant to try in case you lose it and it auto-abandons an egg or something.)

11 minutes ago, Aalbiel said:

If you get a trophy, then release some dragons so your Grown Dragon number drops back underneath the trophy number..... do you keep your trophy? (I'm hesitant to try in case you lose it and it auto-abandons an egg or something.)

You lose your trophy if you go below the requirement count.

It won't auto-abandon things that are already on your scroll though - you just cannot pick up fresh stuff until you have room again.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

......... Okay well you're wrong apparently, maybe it changed? I ended up testing it myself, after an egg hatched, and here's my proof:

image.png.96781adff429ceeb397b435064d30732.png

Egg slots also unaffected:

image.png.d60bc45388d810a46ef6b39b4d9ed544.png

Edited by Aalbiel

I wasn't going to, because I was really afraid of the auto-abandon thing, and then nothing was hatching soon. Then I got one of my incubates back (I'm always low on them so I use them as soon as they appear), so I was able to insta-hatch something to try it!

Can you keep an eye on that for a bit?  I'm afraid that THIS might be a glitch instead of a change and would love to be sure :)

Im far too much above any trophy limts to test myself ;)

Aaaactually, do you have any Undeads? I believe these aren't being counted in the "Grown Dragons" counter, but I forgot if they count for the trophy.

1 hour ago, Herk said:

Can you keep an eye on that for a bit?  I'm afraid that THIS might be a glitch instead of a change and would love to be sure :)

Im far too much above any trophy limts to test myself ;)

I will absolutely keep an eye on it, and let you know if it changes. Hasn't changed so far.

Also yes I do have Undeads, I don't know anything about their status trophy-wise.

Edit: Now that I've thought about it for a few minutes, it can't be the Undeads. I got my trophy yesterday, and I was there watching it happen so I can attest it happened as soon as I hit 1000 Grown Dragons. My number of Undeads has not changed since then, and the dragons I released were all random adult dragons, no Zombies there.

Edited by Aalbiel

Frozen count like adults, both for Grown Dragons count and for trophies, no reason they should influence anything differently than an adult. (I freeze an awful lot ^^)

Sure but some people forget they count and don't' include them...