Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I'm not sure if anyone can actually answer this, but it's worth a shot, right?

How long does it take, roughly, for a new breed's ratios to balance out so they become less prevalent in cave hunting/breeding? I know that the time needed will vary with each breed's rarity and how many people are breeding them.

23 minutes ago, Terces said:

There's been discussion around making further changes such as allowing active players to swipe names from old, inactive scrolls but nobody knows if that will actually be a real thing. Sorry for the loss of your dragon's names. :( I'd be really bummed out if I lost mine as I have so many named dragons and it's not easy coming up with new ones these days.

Not sure why it was a thing and then they removed that option since it was one of the more unique features. 😐

I'm less upset about losing my names since I would have prefered the names go to an active player, more upset that someone grabbed them and now will sit on them for years without having the same consequence. Punishing older players but not newer ones seems extremely unfair.

Am I right in saying at one point Balloon Eggs were properly centered over their shadow? Is this ever going to be fixed?

Not that I recall. Does it need a "fix"?

3 hours ago, Starbit-Plushie said:

Am I right in saying at one point Balloon Eggs were properly centered over their shadow? Is this ever going to be fixed?

The source of light for all the eggs is from the upper left. So the shadow would not be properly placed if it were centered.

7 hours ago, Starbit-Plushie said:

The wiki shows an old Balloon egg sprite that does indeed have the shadow centered, so at one point I guess they did. The shading on those old eggs was very very basic though, the more updated shading does have the light source off-center so it would no longer be proper to have the shadow centered.

Is it possible for one player to receive two prize dragons? I just saw a egg from a CB bronze eastern bred with a CB gold western (both from 2018) 

23 minutes ago, Etude_Citron said:

Is it possible for one player to receive two prize dragons? I just saw a egg from a CB bronze eastern bred with a CB gold western (both from 2018) 

Yes. There is no limit, just a really, really tiny chance.

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Yes. There is no limit, just a really, really tiny chance.

Awww, that person is really lucky. Does seem kind of unfair though

12 minutes ago, Etude_Citron said:

Awww, that person is really lucky. Does seem kind of unfair though

Raffles are always unfair, that's their nature. Did you see this suggestion yet? https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/183441-can-we-please-have-prizes-available-in-the-market/

Just as a note: limiting players to only one Prize has been shot down by TJ already.

33 minutes ago, Etude_Citron said:

Ah, I see. I do understand both sides of the argument, I was kind of surprised because, well, the odds of winning twice didn't really seem that big to me at first

There are several people who have 2 from what I've seen so far. Not a majority but still - judging from their purebred offspring offered in trades - there should be at least ~ 5-10 people with 2 (or possibly more) CB prizes.

Random is random, and I'm sure there are people in real life who have won lotteries more than once (I'm talking about big wins here).

47 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

There are several people who have 2 from what I've seen so far. Not a majority but still - judging from their purebred offspring offered in trades - there should be at least ~ 5-10 people with 2 (or possibly more) CB prizes.

Random is random, and I'm sure there are people in real life who have won lotteries more than once (I'm talking about big wins here).

Several??? wow, those are some lucky people. (Personally, I have terrible luck and I literally cannot remember any time I've won a lottery) 

Really silly question from pure curiosity: what are the post requirements for each "Level" on the forums? Is this stated anywhere on the forums?

I saw someone with 1,511 posts who was level 9, but I'm at Level 7 with 928 - does that mean from between 950 and 1,500 there are two level jumps?

Just interested!

On 10/7/2018 at 10:45 AM, camelia2 said:

Ummm...no,  I got 2 zyu from the pair before and saw many zyus from GoNxSino... someone with experience please?

Sorry, my bad.  You can get the other dragon If it isn't a holiday out of season (which is what I was thinking of.) Or apparently Zues in this case since neither dragon breeds true, but you will still never get an avatar.

On 10/7/2018 at 5:36 PM, The Dragoness said:

I'm not sure if anyone can actually answer this, but it's worth a shot, right?

How long does it take, roughly, for a new breed's ratios to balance out so they become less prevalent in cave hunting/breeding? I know that the time needed will vary with each breed's rarity and how many people are breeding them.

I'm not sure how helpful this is, but ratios are supposed to be based on all the dragons of the last year, and none of the dragons from before then. I don't think it was ever clarified if this was a calendar year (starting Jan 1st, this seems less likely) or a full year from whenever you're counting, or a monthly update of some sort. Regardless, this means it should take at most a full year for a new breed to have the same status as an old one, ratio-wise. 

That being said, I breed Fells and until recently (aka 1 year 9 months after their release) Fells were still severely overwhelming in breeding results. They seem to have suddenly gotten a bit better lately though.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:07 AM, Etude_Citron said:

Several??? wow, those are some lucky people. (Personally, I have terrible luck and I literally cannot remember any time I've won a lottery) 

My mothers best friends mother in law won Jackpots in three different states so it does happen.  I wish I had the luck to win one lotto.

Edited by osean
grammar

3 hours ago, osean said:

My mothers best friends mother in law won Jackpots in three different states so it does happen.  I wish I had the luck to win one lotto.

That's.... one lucky person. Me too, one lotto would be really nice 😂

14 hours ago, Aalbiel said:

I'm not sure how helpful this is, but ratios are supposed to be based on all the dragons of the last year, and none of the dragons from before then. I don't think it was ever clarified if this was a calendar year (starting Jan 1st, this seems less likely) or a full year from whenever you're counting, or a monthly update of some sort. Regardless, this means it should take at most a full year for a new breed to have the same status as an old one, ratio-wise. 

That being said, I breed Fells and until recently (aka 1 year 9 months after their release) Fells were still severely overwhelming in breeding results. They seem to have suddenly gotten a bit better lately though.

@TJ09 Can you weigh in if this is accurate or just speculation?

Sorry, but the principle on which the Xenowyrms - they are different dragons, and Zyumorphs are one dragon? (on Dragonopedia)
Also Sunrise and Sunset - different, Black and White Luminas - different, Seasonals - different, and Baikalas - one.

WHY??