Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Aalbiel said:

 

I'm not sure how helpful this is, but ratios are supposed to be based on all the dragons of the last year, and none of the dragons from before then. I don't think it was ever clarified if this was a calendar year (starting Jan 1st, this seems less likely) or a full year from whenever you're counting, or a monthly update of some sort. Regardless, this means it should take at most a full year for a new breed to have the same status as an old one, ratio-wise. 

That being said, I breed Fells and until recently (aka 1 year 9 months after their release) Fells were still severely overwhelming in breeding results. They seem to have suddenly gotten a bit better lately though.

@TJ09 Can you weigh in if this is accurate or just speculation?

 

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry, but the principle on which the Xenowyrms - they are different dragons, and Zyumorphs are one dragon? (on Dragonopedia)
Also Sunrise and Sunset - different, Black and White Luminas - different, Seasonals - different, and Baikalas - one.

WHY??

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, hippocamus said:

Sorry, but the principle on which the Xenowyrms - they are different dragons, and Zyumorphs are one dragon? (on Dragonopedia)
Also Sunrise and Sunset - different, Black and White Luminas - different, Seasonals - different, and Baikalas - one.

WHY??

 

I don't know for sure, but I *think* it has to do with how each was created and what information was made for each. Specifically, descriptions. Each different type of Xenowyrm has it's own unique description on it's view page. Sunrises and Sunsets have different descriptions too. Baikalas and Zyumorphs have the same description regardless of their type. Extending that, it's possible the creators for Zyus and Baikalas only had general Encyclopedia information for the entire breed, not specifics for each type... Xenos, for example, all have different Elemental Affinities. But Baikalas and Zyus have the same no matter the type.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/11/2018 at 12:26 AM, hippocamus said:

Sorry, but the principle on which the Xenowyrms - they are different dragons, and Zyumorphs are one dragon? (on Dragonopedia)
Also Sunrise and Sunset - different, Black and White Luminas - different, Seasonals - different, and Baikalas - one.

WHY??

This is what TJ09 once said on the matter in the "DC Lore AMA" thread:

 

Quote

It mostly comes down to how different the various alts are. If pretty much every encyclopedia statement would need to be qualified with "Winter variants often ..." or "Mageias tend to eat ..." then it's probably better off splitting into a separate entry.

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone noticed ER-timed eggs getting views slower then usual? I know it takes my ER eggs longer to hatch because they start from 0, I don't add them anywhere until they are ER, but normally with three hatcheries open and refreshing they'll hatch in an hour or two. Lately they've been getting down to 3d 20h or less before hatching, and I'm noticing that the views don't seem to be increasing as quickly as they used to. I'm wondering if perhaps TJ messed with something (maybe to lessen viewbombing effects?) or if hatcheries in general are just slower.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Has anyone noticed ER-timed eggs getting views slower then usual? I know it takes my ER eggs longer to hatch because they start from 0, I don't add them anywhere until they are ER, but normally with three hatcheries open and refreshing they'll hatch in an hour or two. Lately they've been getting down to 3d 20h or less before hatching, and I'm noticing that the views don't seem to be increasing as quickly as they used to. I'm wondering if perhaps TJ messed with something (maybe to lessen viewbombing effects?) or if hatcheries in general are just slower.

 

I've noticed this too. I've been collecting AP eggs for Zombie fodder, and even things with 3 days or less are taking much longer to get cracks, let alone hatch. And I toss mine in 6 sites all at once. They all seem to need more than the usual OV/UVs to hatch. It's going to make it tougher to get ungendered Zombie kids this year.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Has anyone noticed ER-timed eggs getting views slower then usual? I know it takes my ER eggs longer to hatch because they start from 0, I don't add them anywhere until they are ER, but normally with three hatcheries open and refreshing they'll hatch in an hour or two. Lately they've been getting down to 3d 20h or less before hatching, and I'm noticing that the views don't seem to be increasing as quickly as they used to. I'm wondering if perhaps TJ messed with something (maybe to lessen viewbombing effects?) or if hatcheries in general are just slower.

A big part of it is just that fewer people seem to be (for whatever reason) giving views. It's always been a bit of a problem  Aond has over 3600 scrolls  and currently 28 people on the site.  It's rarely over 40 except maybe during releases, and then there are more scrolls too.  So you need another fansites to get more views, except so does everyone else. Many of the eggs are repeats from place to place. Most of the people are just dumping in eggs and running off to do something else.  Having EATW gone does not help, of course, because it operated differently.  Even so, things have been getting slower  and slower, and I think it's down to the user base more than TJ.

Share this post


Link to post

I keep on getting the message-You cannot teleport eggs and hatchlings that do not belong to you-when I try to trade this one hatchling. I clearly own it though. Has anyone seen this before?

 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Spootedleaf said:

I keep on getting the message-You cannot teleport eggs and hatchlings that do not belong to you-when I try to trade this one hatchling. I clearly own it though. Has anyone seen this before?

 

 

Did that hatchling die and you successfully revived it? There was a thread about that recently, but nothing was actually answered:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

 

Did that hatchling die and you successfully revived it? There was a thread about that recently, but nothing was actually answered:

 

 

Yeah, I revived one of my hatchlings. I'll read the thread now, thanks.

Edited by Spootedleaf

Share this post


Link to post

Does anybody know if sorting by breed gives reliable clues which colour Gemshards / Nebulas will be?

 

I think I might have read something about that before but I'm not sure where or what the specifics were... (maybe it was hatchie only or whatever)

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

Does anybody know if sorting by breed gives reliable clues which colour Gemshards / Nebulas will be?

 

I think I might have read something about that before but I'm not sure where or what the specifics were... (maybe it was hatchie only or whatever)

Only hatchies, sadly. So while that helps with ungendered Nebbies, you're still stuck with hatching those Gemshards.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Only hatchies, sadly. So while that helps with ungendered Nebbies, you're still stuck with hatching those Gemshards.

 

Oh well, thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post

I expect halloween breeding will begin at 12am Thursday the 25th.  That will be a full 7 days breeding ending at the stroke of midnight at the end of the 31st (when the day turns over to the 1st of Nov).

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

I expect halloween breeding will begin at 12am Thursday the 25th.  That will be a full 7 days breeding ending at the stroke of midnight at the end of the 31st (when the day turns over to the 1st of Nov).

*grin*

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, is there something weird going on with fansites? It seems like my eggs are gaining views much faster than usual - and at least the new ones only were in one fansite, I think.

Share this post


Link to post

image.png.4d6d2a0bb47a51c8faa57997f0a65651.png

 

Did this happen to anyone else? I can't select the Public Trade. I don't understand why I was blocked.

 

Last trade I posted had nothing in it that deserved a block..

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, deja said:

image.png.4d6d2a0bb47a51c8faa57997f0a65651.png

 

Did this happen to anyone else? I can't select the Public Trade. I don't understand why I was blocked.

 

Last trade I posted had nothing in it that deserved a block..

Are you sure? Didn't you write something like "[nick] offer again" or "offer anything I don't have"? Also, you said about your last trade, what about the other ones? 

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.