Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 hours ago, hippocamus said:

Sorry, but the principle on which the Xenowyrms - they are different dragons, and Zyumorphs are one dragon? (on Dragonopedia)
Also Sunrise and Sunset - different, Black and White Luminas - different, Seasonals - different, and Baikalas - one.

WHY??

I don't know for sure, but I *think* it has to do with how each was created and what information was made for each. Specifically, descriptions. Each different type of Xenowyrm has it's own unique description on it's view page. Sunrises and Sunsets have different descriptions too. Baikalas and Zyumorphs have the same description regardless of their type. Extending that, it's possible the creators for Zyus and Baikalas only had general Encyclopedia information for the entire breed, not specifics for each type... Xenos, for example, all have different Elemental Affinities. But Baikalas and Zyus have the same no matter the type.

On 10/11/2018 at 12:26 AM, hippocamus said:

Sorry, but the principle on which the Xenowyrms - they are different dragons, and Zyumorphs are one dragon? (on Dragonopedia)
Also Sunrise and Sunset - different, Black and White Luminas - different, Seasonals - different, and Baikalas - one.

WHY??

This is what TJ09 once said on the matter in the "DC Lore AMA" thread:

It mostly comes down to how different the various alts are. If pretty much every encyclopedia statement would need to be qualified with "Winter variants often ..." or "Mageias tend to eat ..." then it's probably better off splitting into a separate entry.

Has anyone noticed ER-timed eggs getting views slower then usual? I know it takes my ER eggs longer to hatch because they start from 0, I don't add them anywhere until they are ER, but normally with three hatcheries open and refreshing they'll hatch in an hour or two. Lately they've been getting down to 3d 20h or less before hatching, and I'm noticing that the views don't seem to be increasing as quickly as they used to. I'm wondering if perhaps TJ messed with something (maybe to lessen viewbombing effects?) or if hatcheries in general are just slower.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Has anyone noticed ER-timed eggs getting views slower then usual? I know it takes my ER eggs longer to hatch because they start from 0, I don't add them anywhere until they are ER, but normally with three hatcheries open and refreshing they'll hatch in an hour or two. Lately they've been getting down to 3d 20h or less before hatching, and I'm noticing that the views don't seem to be increasing as quickly as they used to. I'm wondering if perhaps TJ messed with something (maybe to lessen viewbombing effects?) or if hatcheries in general are just slower.

I've noticed this too. I've been collecting AP eggs for Zombie fodder, and even things with 3 days or less are taking much longer to get cracks, let alone hatch. And I toss mine in 6 sites all at once. They all seem to need more than the usual OV/UVs to hatch. It's going to make it tougher to get ungendered Zombie kids this year.

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

A big part of it is just that fewer people seem to be (for whatever reason) giving views. It's always been a bit of a problem  Aond has over 3600 scrolls  and currently 28 people on the site.  It's rarely over 40 except maybe during releases, and then there are more scrolls too.  So you need another fansites to get more views, except so does everyone else. Many of the eggs are repeats from place to place. Most of the people are just dumping in eggs and running off to do something else.  Having EATW gone does not help, of course, because it operated differently.  Even so, things have been getting slower  and slower, and I think it's down to the user base more than TJ.

I keep on getting the message-You cannot teleport eggs and hatchlings that do not belong to you-when I try to trade this one hatchling. I clearly own it though. Has anyone seen this before?

22 minutes ago, Spootedleaf said:

I keep on getting the message-You cannot teleport eggs and hatchlings that do not belong to you-when I try to trade this one hatchling. I clearly own it though. Has anyone seen this before?

Did that hatchling die and you successfully revived it? There was a thread about that recently, but nothing was actually answered:

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Did that hatchling die and you successfully revived it? There was a thread about that recently, but nothing was actually answered:

Yeah, I revived one of my hatchlings. I'll read the thread now, thanks.

Edited by Spootedleaf

Does anybody know if sorting by breed gives reliable clues which colour Gemshards / Nebulas will be?

I think I might have read something about that before but I'm not sure where or what the specifics were... (maybe it was hatchie only or whatever)

43 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

Does anybody know if sorting by breed gives reliable clues which colour Gemshards / Nebulas will be?

I think I might have read something about that before but I'm not sure where or what the specifics were... (maybe it was hatchie only or whatever)

Only hatchies, sadly. So while that helps with ungendered Nebbies, you're still stuck with hatching those Gemshards.

22 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Only hatchies, sadly. So while that helps with ungendered Nebbies, you're still stuck with hatching those Gemshards.

Oh well, thanks :)

I expect halloween breeding will begin at 12am Thursday the 25th.  That will be a full 7 days breeding ending at the stroke of midnight at the end of the 31st (when the day turns over to the 1st of Nov).

23 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

I expect halloween breeding will begin at 12am Thursday the 25th.  That will be a full 7 days breeding ending at the stroke of midnight at the end of the 31st (when the day turns over to the 1st of Nov).

*grin*

Thanks!

Wow, is there something weird going on with fansites? It seems like my eggs are gaining views much faster than usual - and at least the new ones only were in one fansite, I think.

image.png.4d6d2a0bb47a51c8faa57997f0a65651.png

Did this happen to anyone else? I can't select the Public Trade. I don't understand why I was blocked.

Last trade I posted had nothing in it that deserved a block..

1 hour ago, deja said:

image.png.4d6d2a0bb47a51c8faa57997f0a65651.png

Did this happen to anyone else? I can't select the Public Trade. I don't understand why I was blocked.

Last trade I posted had nothing in it that deserved a block..

Are you sure? Didn't you write something like "[nick] offer again" or "offer anything I don't have"? Also, you said about your last trade, what about the other ones? 

28 minutes ago, Asphyxia said:

Are you sure? Didn't you write something like "[nick] offer again" or "offer anything I don't have"? Also, you said about your last trade, what about the other ones? 

on pretty much all my trades I write 'dragon type' or offers or just offer anything

Never mentioned anyone 

Is it possible that someone reported me?

Edit: Why I think it was my last trade is because it was canceled. I thought one of my hatchies grew up but they didn't and I know I didn't cancel it myself.

Edited by deja

1 hour ago, Asphyxia said:

How is "offer anything I don't have" against the rules?

3 hours ago, Aalbiel said:

How is "offer anything I don't have" against the rules?

I can't find where I saw post saying that it is against the rules, but let me explain.

If I have 1200+ dragons and I'll say "offer anything I don't have", will you check my whole scroll to see what I need? No, you won't. 

You should say what you want like this: looking for a 3G Silver x (m) Chrono checker / looking for 2-4 any CB hatchlings / offer a dummy / bloodswap and so on. You can't say anything like "offer anything I don't have" or "[nick] offer again". Also, you can't put any off-site (Edit: thanks @HeatherMarie for correcting!) links in the box or say "pm me on forum". 

Fun fact: you can't even say "offer 2G from val '09 alt" or anything similiar to it, because only two people on whole DC have this alt. I think Trading Hub should get guidelines or something. For now, you can get banned for a lot of things.

I'll search for this post, but it'll take me a while to scroll through 1000+ replies on Trading Hub thread. 

Edited by Asphyxia

3 hours ago, deja said:

Is it possible that someone reported me?

I don't think you'd receive a ban if somebody reported you and there wasn't anything wrong on the trade. (= you shouldn't be blocked just because sb finds reporting people funny)

42 minutes ago, Asphyxia said:

=Also, you can't put any links in the box or say "pm me on forum". 

According to TJ only off-site links are forbidden, so it's perfectly fine to link to a group you've made on-scroll or something (it should be, I haven't actually tried). 

The general Want-box rules are basically 'describe what people should offer you' and 'it needs to be applicable to people-in-general not aimed at a specific person'. Which means no specific names or 'the person who offered before, offer again!' or anything like that. I've never seen anyone specifically say that 'offer anything I don't have' is actually against the rules, but as it gives no direct indication of what you actually want, I can see how it could be. In general it's just a good idea to not make people jump through hoops to figure out what you want. I very much doubt many people would actually go through someone's entire scroll to see which breeds they don't already have.