Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I have never had a precog fail so far and I use it a lot on hatchies I catch or trade (to be sure).

Thank you. Now I don't have to use influence to make sure, since I know pre-cog is always right.

So I wanted to post a last-minute trade before I go, but I don't seem to be able to use the Want box? Like it completely disappeared. I can still make public two-way trades, though. And I'm 99% sure I haven't done anything to get banned (which would prevent me from making public trades in the first place), so what now? Anyone else having this problem?

Huh. I just checked...it still lets me do write in the Want box. 

Doesn't banning prevent you from using it entirely? Or just from describing wants? 

I've been banned before (something kind of dumb, but not massively stupid like the song lyric thing) and it just wouldn't let you make public trades at all. Maybe I'm just having (more) browser issues again (hooray...) if no one else is having this problem. I'll check back on it later, I guess.

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

Guess it's just me, then. Time to go soon. Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

35 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

I've been banned before (something kind of dumb, but not massively stupid like the song lyric thing) and it just wouldn't let you make public trades at all. Maybe I'm just having (more) browser issues again (hooray...) if no one else is having this problem. I'll check back on it later, I guess.

Normally if you're banned from using the wants box, it is greyed out, not gone, so this sounds like a bug. You can make a thread about it to get it resolved since it really seems to be an error. (You'd also get an indication of the duration of your ban if you were banned).

46 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

So I wanted to post a last-minute trade before I go, but I don't seem to be able to use the Want box? Like it completely disappeared. I can still make public two-way trades, though. And I'm 99% sure I haven't done anything to get banned (which would prevent me from making public trades in the first place), so what now? Anyone else having this problem?

Make sure javascript is permitted and active. Sometimes, if it's not a browser addon or antivirus suite that blocks javascript, a browser restart can help.

9 hours ago, Aalbiel said:

Normally if you're banned from using the wants box, it is greyed out, not gone, so this sounds like a bug. You can make a thread about it to get it resolved since it really seems to be an error. (You'd also get an indication of the duration of your ban if you were banned).

9 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Make sure javascript is permitted and active. Sometimes, if it's not a browser addon or antivirus suite that blocks javascript, a browser restart can help.

It's working again, didn't have to do anything. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

After seeing my two Thalassas refused to go near each other, a question popped in my head.

I already knew that Fertility increases chance of successful breeding, but does the original success rate varies depending on rarity of species in total?

Not rarity by class, I meant ecological rarity, like would Balloons have a significantly lower chance to breed compared to Leodons?

31 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

After seeing my two Thalassas refused to go near each other, a question popped in my head.

Did you use Fertility on them?

32 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

but does the original success rate varies depending on rarity of species in total

Supposedly, it depends on ratios. A breed that is currently less present in the overall population (produced within the past 12 months) should show up as a breeding result more often than one that is already "overpopulated". Leodons, being very new to the cave, are definitely still underpopulated and thus will probably overpower Balloons most of the time.

26 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Did you use Fertility on them?

Supposedly, it depends on ratios. A breed that is currently less present in the overall population (produced within the past 12 months) should show up as a breeding result more often than one that is already "overpopulated". Leodons, being very new to the cave, are definitely still underpopulated and thus will probably overpower Balloons most of the time.

Glad to know, I'll keep that in mind next time.

No, and I regret not collecting Purples now :(

I'll hold back on breeding new pairs until I get a few Purples myself

About Zombies. Which undead sprites do the various Zyus produce - someone said at one point that they all ended up as Westerns - which would annoy me as that's not how their body types are listed in the wiki, but the encyclopaedia calls them all dragons, which does suggest they aren't all the same type.

15 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

Glad to know, I'll keep that in mind next time.

No, and I regret not collecting Purples now :(

I'll hold back on breeding new pairs until I get a few Purples myself

The general rule is: always use Fertility on first breeding of an "important" pair. If they don't refuse the first time (which is much less likely to happen with Fertility) then they can never refuse again! Collect those purples :P

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

About Zombies. Which undead sprites do the various Zyus produce - someone said at one point that they all ended up as Westerns - which would annoy me as that's not how their body types are listed in the wiki, but the encyclopaedia calls them all dragons, which does suggest they aren't all the same type.

Last I turned a Zyu (it's been a while but we've heard no indication of change), they did indeed all turn to Western when revived. I agree that this is dumb,  but I think it's due to the fact that they have one single Encyclopedia entry for all of them? 

Edited by Aalbiel

Western seems to be just the generic zombie type.

I agree that Zyus sharing ONE entry makes no sense whatsoever, as they don't even breed each other! Xenos on the other hand do, and they have all their own names and Encyclopedia pages (with the only difference between them displayed being the biome - which could also work for Zyus).

I won't waste my time bumping them off then ! I suspected as much :(

Aw poo, just when I murdered a few this morning. Oh well. IIRC, the zyumorphs' creator said that they are a single breed and should be treated as such, so I'd rather stick to the one Encyclopedia entry if that's the intention. Bummer that they're not specially coded to produce different undead variants, though.

1 hour ago, Dirtytabs said:

Aw poo, just when I murdered a few this morning. Oh well. IIRC, the zyumorphs' creator said that they are a single breed and should be treated as such, so I'd rather stick to the one Encyclopedia entry if that's the intention. Bummer that they're not specially coded to produce different undead variants, though.

I'm picturing a poor pink Zyu, already feeling horribly disoriented from being betrayed, murdered, and then literally risen from the dead.... Only to be like.... "What??? Are these???? Like legs but.... in the front???"

Uhhh I just traded for this little guy: https://dragcave.net/lineage/ldWcc, can someone please tell me which variant it's supposed to be?

I checked the Wiki and I'm pretty sure none of the colors for the S1 hatchies is the same shade as mine... :huh:

Thanks for the help @Nandeenah & @DragonLady86!

...also I now realize it didn't occur to me that I could count the days it took to hatch. What am I doing.

Edited by Aleoleo

I currently have lots of troubles to connect to DC, both the Site and the Forums.

This happened since yesterday Evening and on regular Basis, I am not able to connect. Other Sites however work, so I was wondering if something's up with the Servers or anybody else experiencing this?

Like, I can hunt for a minute maybe (not even) and then it suddenly crashes, then its up again, crash... I can't hunt like this and same is to the Forums.

Is there some way to have names of all dragons on scroll mass-removed? I want to start fresh and pick new names for all dragons on my scroll, but removing the names of 3000+ dragons seems daunting. Is a mass removal of dragon names possible (excluding any penalties to the player)? Perhaps through some sort of admin Contact Us / Service Ticket form, or with the help of site mods? Or some other way? Or is manual one by one removal of names by the player the only acceptable way?