Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

4 minutes ago, TailedThief said:

Is there some way to have names of all dragons on scroll mass-removed? I want to start fresh and pick new names for all dragons on my scroll, but removing the names of 3000+ dragons seems daunting. Is a mass removal of dragon names possible (excluding any penalties to the player)? Perhaps through some sort of admin Contact Us / Service Ticket form, or with the help of site mods? Or some other way? Or is manual one by one removal of names by the player the only acceptable way?

I don't think there is any way to do that, but if you have new names picked out for all of them anyway you don't have to remove their names in a separate step. You can just rename each of them. 

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I don't think there is any way to do that, but if you have new names picked out for all of them anyway you don't have to remove their names in a separate step. You can just rename each of them. 

Uh...you can totally have every name removed (but you'll lose your naming ability in general) by giving your dragon an offensive name. XD

That's honestly the only way I know to erase names. And I don't even know if it erases all the names or just prevents naming in the future. 

Just now, Suzumiya said:

Uh...you can totally have every name removed (but you'll lose your naming ability in general) by giving your dragon an offensive name. XD

That's honestly the only way I know to erase names. And I don't even know if it erases all the names or just prevents naming in the future. 

Well, yeah, but that is hardly a solution to the problem at hand! :o 

Just now, purplehaze said:

Well, yeah, but that is hardly a solution to the problem at hand! :o 

Yeah. Not a solution at all if you want to re-name them all. Just if you want them to have only codes for the rest of their lives. XD

You do not need to ask people. You can put the eggs in a hatchery.

You get an overview about the most important things you need to know here:

And if you would like to have some personal mentoring, feel free to PM me or officially ask for a DC mentor here: 

Edited by Astreya

6 minutes ago, Firesparks said:

How do you ask people to click your eggs?

Just put them in some of the hatcheries. There is a list here.

Be careful not to put new eggs in too many or they could get sick and possibly die.

11 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Just put them in some of the hatcheries. There is a list here.

Be careful not to put new eggs in too many or they could get sick and possibly die.

Thanks so much! This is a lot of help! I got an abandoned egg and close to death. I was worried. :D

3 hours ago, Firesparks said:

Thanks so much! This is a lot of help! I got an abandoned egg and close to death. I was worried. :D

Oh, wow, it's almost hatched all ready!

Small question: Does anyone know for sure if the times-15 view limit is still in place? I know forever-ago there was something in the site code where a dragon would stop registering views if it's views were 15 times it's unique-view amount, until the unique-view count went up. I can't remember if that was actually done away with, but I haven't heard it mentioned in forever. Just wondering if that's why my ER-timed egg doesn't seem to be getting many views.

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Small question: Does anyone know for sure if the times-15 view limit is still in place? I know forever-ago there was something in the site code where a dragon would stop registering views if it's views were 15 times it's unique-view amount, until the unique-view count went up. I can't remember if that was actually done away with, but I haven't heard it mentioned in forever. Just wondering if that's why my ER-timed egg doesn't seem to be getting many views.

Yep, still in place. I've found it happens on every egg ER'd from 0 since UVs are oddly sparse.

On 7/27/2015 at 2:25 PM, Tigerkralle said:

Is there a thread where i can find owner of Vampire dragons from 2008. I want a few Vampires bitten by Vampires born in 2008.

Edit: Spelling...

You're welcome to message me, I have some.

My problem: In mobile I can not use the add to group menu. It still drops down so that it is off the page like before but now I can't swipe the page over to bring the menu into view. I also can no longer use the pinching motion with my fingers to enlarge the page. Both problems are 'fixed' by going into desktop view but...

I am using Silk on my Kindle.

Edited by Wiz

19 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Alright, thank you for the response!

On 9/8/2018 at 2:32 AM, Wiz said:

You're welcome to message me, I have some.

My problem: In mobile I can not use the add to group menu. It still drops down so that it is off the page like before but now I can't swipe the page over to bring the menu into view. I also can no longer use the pinching motion with my fingers to enlarge the page. Both problems are 'fixed' by going into desktop view but...

I am using Silk on my Kindle.

Do you have Force Enable Zoom checked in Accessibility Settings?

Do tinsels hate Zyumorphs? I have this lovely 2G tinsel from a blue Zyu that someone gifted me kindly, but OMG, he always refuses every blue zyu female I've tried mating him with. Yes, I use fertility. I am running out of CB blue female Zyus! I have one left, and if he refuses her, I'm gonna be in trouble! I can't catch Zyus! 

That is rather odd. Did you check the Action Log to make sure you actually fertilized one of the affected couples?

38 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That is rather odd. Did you check the Action Log to make sure you actually fertilized one of the affected couples?

Yeah, I fertilized the tinsel every time. Maybe I should try the Zyu next time? The one he hasn't refused? 

I don't have a gorgeous 2nd gen Tinsel :lol:, but I was intrigued and did a test breeding with a Stairstep Tinsel and a Blu Zyu. I didn't even use Fertility and got this:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/r8flw

(as progeny because I'm going to abandon it).

So it's got nothing to do with the breeds (unless it's only a different colour of Tinsel that's affected).

@Suzumiya

You could also use different Zyus if it is a 2nd gen. Then you could alternate them - maybe Blue  - Yellow - Red - Pink - Black - White or so.

8 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Do you have Force Enable Zoom checked in Accessibility Settings?

You are a star.

I reset my Kindle t'other day so I guess 'things happened'. Though I do wonder why I haven't had to do that step in the past. Ah well.

57 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

I don't have a gorgeous 2nd gen Tinsel :lol:, but I was intrigued and did a test breeding with a Stairstep Tinsel and a Blu Zyu. I didn't even use Fertility and got this:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/r8flw

(as progeny because I'm going to abandon it).

So it's got nothing to do with the breeds (unless it's only a different colour of Tinsel that's affected).

No, my tinsel is bronze too! Maybe he just hates those two Zyus? Maybe they aren't the right woman for him.

33 minutes ago, Astreya said:

@Suzumiya

You could also use different Zyus if it is a 2nd gen. Then you could alternate them - maybe Blue  - Yellow - Red - Pink - Black - White or so.

Huh. Pretty good idea. It would make a really interesting lineage project! Get each tinsel baby he makes (if any) to mate with a different Zyu until I've done them all. Then maybe breed the final tinsel with a Sinomorph.

So Halloween breeding starts on the 25th this year. Does it end on the 31st? And the other two Holiday types breed for one week as well? Or is it two weeks?

Every year I forget and planning becomes a hassle XD