Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

ALSO you can technically get Zombies on every day of the year (unless TJ changed that), but the chances are abyssmaly low.

Zombiefying on halloween gives a 30% chance (Seeing as I have around a third of my zombabehs zombiefy and the rest desintegrates or revives)

Thing with this is... I've never seen a Zombie which wasn't killed within 2 weeks of Halloween. So I have to wonder if its ever been possible, because I'd have thought somewhere along the line.... Someone would have one.

Cheers!

C4.

Thing with this is... I've never seen a Zombie which wasn't killed within 2 weeks of Halloween. So I have to wonder if its ever been possible, because I'd have thought somewhere along the line.... Someone would have one.

Cheers!

C4.

It has been done. The DC wiki says it's no longer possible, though:

In the past, it was possible to make an Undead dragon during any time of the year, with a rumoured 1 in 100 chance of success. The only known Undead dragons not created on 31st October are the 2 owned by TJ09 (Qemrao Thuwed and 0eidw Qemrao Thuwed) and one undead hatchling created in July 2007 on a hidden scroll, with an inappropriate code (entering the F-word all in capital letters brings it up). There are also a couple of others on user scrolls which have been shown to the users in this thread on the DC forums. It is unknown when the circumstances of being able to create Undeads on Halloween only began, but rumours still continued that creation all-year long was possible. These subsequent rumours were proven false in the IRC on the 22nd of December, 2012.

It has been done. The DC wiki says it's no longer possible, though:

Well, that's odd. If you follow the instructions on the wiki, you can see another.... Also from July 2007.

Well, that's odd. If you follow the instructions on the wiki, you can see another.... Also from July 2007.

Yep. I decided it was prudent to not link that one though. tongue.gif

I wonder if something happened in July 2007 that would cause people to have a ton of dead hatchies. I can't see people killing hatchies just for the 1/100 out-of-season zombie chance...

Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't there one zombie created last year that was killed some time before? After dead dragons stopped losing their names, someone saved the info on a kill and tried to revive it successfully on Halloween, even though it had long since vanished on their scroll. I believe TJ's since made the action page inaccessable on such dragons, though.

if i've used all my kill slots, then tried to bite or earthquake some eggs, would they be impossible to kill or would i just get negative kill slots

if i've used all my kill slots, then tried to bite or earthquake some eggs, would they be impossible to kill or would i just get negative kill slots

You can still bite or earthquake eggs. Those are different than the "kill" function.

You can still Bite and Earthquake, and you can still have egg deaths from them. You cannot use Kill.

When does the Halloween breeding start? In a few days?

I am a first timer for this kind of holiday event and is there any good advice I should consider? I want to try to get a full set of the previous years' Halloweens.

For at least the last two years the breeding season has started on Oct. 25. The AP should fill up with Halloween eggs pretty soon because they rise to the top ahead of all the other eggs. There should be plenty to pick from. Just have all your egg spaces free and enjoy the feast!

ETA: But be sure to have some room for the new Halloween dragon egg which will drop only on Oct. 31.

Edited by purplehaze

I am a first timer for this kind of holiday event and is there any good advice I should consider? I want to try to get a full set of the previous years' Halloweens.

Halloweens are the only Influenceable holiday. Save Influences as well as Incubates.

Halloweens are also the only holiday with no CB limit, so be sure your planning includes max free egg slots on the 31st.

Halloweens are the only Influenceable holiday. Save Influences as well as Incubates.

Halloweens are also the only holiday with no CB limit, so be sure your planning includes max free egg slots on the 31st.

Hmm...

So what gender should this Christmas and Valentines Day dragons be? I heard it alternates?

Hmm...

So what gender should this Christmas and Valentines Day dragons be? I heard it alternates?

Noooooot actually sure about that.

Holly -> Influenceable

Yulebuck -> male

Snow Angel -> female

Ribbon Dancer -> female

Winter Magi -> male

Wrapping Wing -> male

Solstice -> female

Mistletoe -> female

So if Christmas follows a pattern at all, it's ffmmffmm. Not actually sure if that's intended though.

Val '09 -> female

Sweetling -> male

Rosebud -> female

Heartseeker -> male

Arsani -> female

Radiant Angel -> male

Heartstealer -> female

V-day has the mfmf alternation. Again, not sure it's intended or just worked out that way.

Noooooot actually sure about that.

Holly -> Influenceable

Yulebuck -> male

Snow Angel -> female

Ribbon Dancer -> female

Winter Magi -> male

Wrapping Wing -> male

Solstice -> female

Mistletoe -> female

So if Christmas follows a pattern at all, it's ffmmffmm. Not actually sure if that's intended though.

Val '09 -> female

Sweetling -> male

Rosebud -> female

Heartseeker -> male

Arsani -> female

Radiant Angel -> male

Heartstealer -> female

V-day has the mfmf alternation. Again, not sure it's intended or just worked out that way.

Mmm then just in case, would it be wise to influence the two eggs different genders when Christmas rolls around? I know this is Supr early but I like to know things ninja.gif

Mmm then just in case, would it be wise to influence the two eggs different genders when Christmas rolls around? I know this is Supr early but I like to know things ninja.gif

Christmas and VDay dragons have their gender set, even if we aren't 100% sure as users what it will be until TJ's genders. They cannot be influenced at all - the option is disabled.

Christmas and VDay dragons have their gender set, even if we aren't 100% sure as users what it will be until TJ's genders. They cannot be influenced at all - the option is disabled.

Oh! Hmm. So this just makes Halloweens influencable, and the other holidays have grayed out influences for pinks?

If I incubate and influence a full set of 7 eggs, will they be able to hatch (and maybe gender) by the time Halloween's actual drop arrives? I'm not sure if I should go full ham on AP hunting, leave half my scroll empty, or wait until after the holiday.

You should be able to grab 3 batches of old eggs and get unlocked in time for the new egg drop, but part of that depends on how long you spend hunting down specific eggs in the AP rather than grabbing just whatever.

Assuming Gold Trophy:

25th - Grab 7 (+7 dragons)

26th - Nothing

27th - 7 hatchlings, 7 eggs (14 total) (+7 dragons)

28th - Nothing

29th - 14 hatchlings, 7 eggs (21 total) (+7 dragons)

30th - 7 hatchlings, 7 eggs (14 total)

31th - 14 hatchlings, 7 new holiday eggs (21 total) (+7 dragons)

1st - 7 hatchlings, 7 new holiday eggs

2nd - 14 hatchlings

Somebody correct my math if I'm off; it's a bit late here. xd.png You'll probably also be able to grab some stuff after Halloween since the wall is pretty huge. I recall hunting down a few extra CB Desipis dragons in the AP while waiting for trade fodder to turn up in the biomes.

Edited by Tehya Faye

I'll likely just be finding 2Gs of the old Halloweens since I'm not extremely picky.

Last question -

How hard is it to get a gold from a nebula? I have a breeding request from someone and I'm wondering how finnicky they are. Already bred my male CB Gold several times; 1 fail and several no eggs.

Oh! Hmm. So this just makes Halloweens influencable, and the other holidays have grayed out influences for pinks?

Christmas/V-days won't even show in the Influence list. It's like trying to Influence an egg in a teleport.

If I incubate and influence a full set of 7 eggs, will they be able to hatch (and maybe gender) by the time Halloween's actual drop arrives? I'm not sure if I should go full ham on AP hunting, leave half my scroll empty, or wait until after the holiday.

Incubated eggs take 2 days to hatch. Holiday breeding is traditionally enabled a full week before the holiday drop will occur. You'll be able to raise about three full batches of eggs before the CB drop, depending on how you do it.

How hard is it to get a gold from a nebula? I have a breeding request from someone and I'm wondering how finnicky they are. Already bred my male CB Gold several times; 1 fail and several no eggs.

Ehhhhh. Good luck. >_> It will probably take you months unless you get extremely lucky. Nebulas are relatively common right now and metals are uber-rare, meaning you'll almost always get a nebula from the pairing. You can either breed repeatedly until you get lucky and get what you need, or you can breed repeatedly until the ratios shift to a state where nebulas are rarer and/or metals are more common.

You should be able to grab 3 batches of old eggs and get unlocked in time for the new egg drop, but part of that depends on how long you spend hunting down specific eggs in the AP rather than grabbing just whatever.

Assuming Gold Trophy:

25th - Grab 7 (+7 dragons)

26th - Nothing

27th - 7 hatchlings, 7 eggs (14 total) (+7 dragons)

28th - Nothing

29th - 14 hatchlings, 7 eggs (21 total) (+7 dragons)

30th - 7 hatchlings, 7 eggs (14 total)

31th - 14 hatchlings, 7 new holiday eggs (21 total) (+7 dragons)

32nd - 7 hatchlings, 7 new holiday eggs

33rd - 14 hatchlings

Somebody correct my math if I'm off; it's a bit late here. xd.png You'll probably also be able to grab some stuff after Halloween since the wall is pretty huge. I recall hunting down a few extra CB Desipis dragons in the AP while waiting for trade fodder to turn up in the biomes.

Your math is fine since that's what I did last year to max out my lurker collection, but it would be the 1st and 2nd, not 32nd and 33rd. laugh.gif

Technical question:

If I *kill* a hatchling now (actively, before it can run out of time) and revive it in a week, will it then instantly run out of time or will it continue with the timer it had before it got killed?

I didn't see anyone answer this yes or no.

They do not auto-freeze if fully revived. The timer will "glitch" and show a really high amount of days for about 30 mins. Then they will die again unless you either A. put them somewhere to get enough views to grow or B. freeze them yourself.

I, personally, always freeze mine. And then I name something that has to do with NOT being a zombie so I know not to kill that that dragon a second time.