Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I have exactly 21 Incubates available at this moment.

I have a total of 34 adult reds, with most of the ones still on cool down coming off of it in ~2/3 days.

Would that be enough in time for Halloween?

Yeah, that's probably fine. You'll probably use ~21 on old Halloweens, and you'll have the option of using another 7 (bringing you to 28 total) on CB new Halloweens.

I was assuming that the biomes would be very quiet with all hunters in the AP. NP. Gimme time, I'll learn... if I don't get scared away...

One thing is as certain as it can be...when holiday breeding starts, there is always a news post...Halloween, XMAS and Valentines.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=155601 note that hunt for halloween dragons, means breeding. The new ones are on the 31st, and have TJs eggs, as with all releases.

The wording may vary from holiday to holiday and year to year, but there is always a news announcement.

Why is one dark green dragon 4k clicks and is stage 5, but the other one is 3.2k clicks and hasn't got to stage 1?

Why is one dark green dragon 4k clicks and is stage 5, but the other one is 3.2k clicks and hasn't got to stage 1?

Its Views, not clicks tongue.gif

Your 3.2k Views egg is at stage 1 egg cracking, but it is a little early for the egg to begin cracking. Eggs, if they have enough views, normally start cracking around 5d10h or less.

Your other egg is at 4d20h, so its older and will hatch soon. The less time an egg has, the less views it needs to hatch (exceptions being GoNs or Prizes).

Edit:

You should be a little careful with the view sites you're using; some of your eggs have too many views for a new egg, and they can get sick.

Edited by Stellaluna22

Because one is at 4d 20h and the other is 5d 18h. Both views and time have an effect on cracking. The eggs can't possibly hatch until they get to 4 days or less left.

One has more time left than the other. The closer your eggs get to the hatching mark, the faster they hatch (if they have enough views). One is 5 days x hours and the other is 4 days x hours.

Edit: Wow, super ninja'd. ninja.gif

Edited by Jazeki

2 questions from me.

1. If you already have a prize dragon, is it possible to win another one in another year? Or are you taken out of the pool entirely?

2. Do dragons in the wilderness ever breed with each other randomly?

2 questions from me.

1. If you already have a prize dragon, is it possible to win another one in another year? Or are you taken out of the pool entirely?

2. Do dragons in the wilderness ever breed with each other randomly?

1. It is possible to win another prize. It's been done, but I can't remember by who XD

2. This used to be possible! Wilderness dragons would breed and produce eggs for the AP at times when the AP was nearly empty. Now that the AP is always full this doesn't happen anymore. It was possible for wild dragons to breed regardless of type, too. I've seen drakes and two-heads breed with regular dragons, but I don't have any links to these offspring unfortunately.

Edited by ParticleSoup

Has the Halloween event started, or are we still counting down? (wants to make sure before she starts breeding her October babies)

Has the Halloween event started, or are we still counting down? (wants to make sure before she starts breeding her October babies)

Not yet. TJ will post an announcement when it starts, and it will likely be at midnight tonight :>

Not yet. TJ will post an announcement when it starts, and it will likely be at midnight tonight :>

Ah good. That means I haven't missed the start yet. Thanks! happy.gif

Regarding the holiday egg drops...

Do the eggs behave like regular dragon releases, where they eventually run out and you have to wait until the next drop, or are the biomes refilling as soon as they run out?

On Holidays, only the holiday egg will drop in all biomes, and it will drop continuously for the entire 24 hours of that holiday day. Basically, a full day flood of only the holiday egg.

There really is no way you can't get one or fill your slots up with them. Just have to keep clicking OR wait til later in the day for the first flood of people to get theirs and it will ease off a bit.

And the AP will be full almost continuously with previous holiday dragon breedings all week long, but especially on the holiday itself for those who are into the birth dates.

AND don't forget the trick or treat event, where during the week, a 'treat' will appear somewhere on your scroll, every 10 mins or so, again continuously, and will be added to your basket, which, if you are new, you'll get with your first treat. Usually there are around 40-50 treats on average. At the end of the event, check the second or third post of the event thread for a list of all the people who sprited this year's treats and the treat they sprited. They drop randomly and you will have at least 3-4 days to get them all.

All other details will be in the Event Thread in the News thread by TJ at the start of the Event.

Hope all this info helps you enjoy the holiday.

Edited by Riverwillows

I don't think it's accurate to say there's no way to not get one. Wayyy back in the day before biomes I missed out on some of the early holiday dragons because I just couldn't click fast enough to get ahold of one before the drop ended. People just always beat me to it. Now, the addition of biomes and improvement of Internet technology and hardware in the meantime help with that problem A LOT. So I think MOST players shouldn't have a problem getting a full set and almost everyone should be able to get ahold of at least one or two. But I can easily imagine a few people with especially slow computers or some other issue that prevents them from being able to click fast enough. Those people should seek out gifters - many people give away the new CBs as soon as they come off cooldown to help people who are having trouble catching them, or are willing to trade them for other things.

That was before the biomes. Seriously, if you somehow cannot get one in the Cave, there will be lots of people willing to gift, and or trade them. And dump them in the AP. Halloween is the only holiday where you can grab as many eggies as you can. All other Holidays limit you to 2 only.

That's pretty much what I said, isn't it? tongue.gif But yeah, on Halloween people gorge and fill up really fast. So people who are a bit slower will have their chance after the quick ones lock themselves within minutes. xd.png

Which biome is the Lunar Herald Indigo in? Thanks!

All 3 where Lunars appear: Alpine, Desert, Volcano. But they are time-dependent. Click the moon icon in my signature to get a calendar smile.gif

Im unclear: Does the halloween drop happen at midnight on the 31st or on midnight on the 30?

Example 1: Its The 30th of oct. and its 11:59pm and the drop has not happened yet.

Example 2: Its the 31st of oct. and its 11:59pm and the drop has not happened yet.

Edited by Eldrad

Im unclear: Does the halloween drop happen at midnight on the 31st or on midnight on the 30?

Example 1: Its The 30th of oct. and its 11:59pm and the drop has not happened yet.

Example 2: Its the 31st of oct. and its 11:59pm and the drop has not happened yet.

Example 1. So the new halloween eggs drop for the 24 hours of the 31st.

Old Halloween breeding should start tonight at midnight, correct? Things are hectic here and my brain is on cool-down, I think. smile.gif

Old Halloween breeding should start tonight at midnight, correct? Things are hectic here and my brain is on cool-down, I think. smile.gif

If TJ follows the pattern of the previous two years, yes, it should.

Hey guys quick question:

I wanted to get back into DC again after being away since Christmas/Valentines. I went to log into DC and was told my password was wrong. I thought 'not a problem, I'll just reset it'. Turns out my email doesn't seem to exist anymore. I feel confused about this because I have my original email from when i joined DC on that one and my Raffle win came through that email this Christmas.

Should I email TJ about this and see if he can reset my scroll password? Or what should I do? DC Halloween is one of my favourite events!

Thanks for reading!

Just wanted to give this a little bump and get an opinion before I bother TJ. If anyone has any experience in this matter I would be very much obliged as I really don't want to miss this event!

Addendum Data:

Checked the spam folder again as suggested, nothing. When I e-mail myself using my forum account it goes to my active account and my Christmas 2014 e-mail notification also went to the same account I'm trying to use to 'send the password change' too.