Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

"Tonight" is - well, today at night - as in sort of after dinner !

Either way, it has always been 25th in the past.

Interpretation. I meant midnight. My apologies for being a newbie and daring to post. Will avoid.

Hey guys quick question:

I wanted to get back into DC again after being away since Christmas/Valentines. I went to log into DC and was told my password was wrong. I thought 'not a problem, I'll just reset it'. Turns out my email doesn't seem to exist anymore. I feel confused about this because I have my original email from when i joined DC on that one and my Raffle win came through that email this Christmas.

Should I email TJ about this and see if he can reset my scroll password? Or what should I do? DC Halloween is one of my favourite events!

Thanks for reading!

Hey guys quick question:

I wanted to get back into DC again after being away since Christmas/Valentines. I went to log into DC and was told my password was wrong. I thought 'not a problem, I'll just reset it'. Turns out my email doesn't seem to exist anymore. I feel confused about this because I have my original email from when i joined DC on that one and my Raffle win came through that email this Christmas.

Should I email TJ about this and see if he can reset my scroll password? Or what should I do? DC Halloween is one of my favourite events!

Thanks for reading!

Did you check your spam folder? Sometimes DC mail goes to spam.

Did you check your spam folder? Sometimes DC mail goes to spam.

Just did, I even managed to send an e-mail to myself through the forums and it did end up in the spam inbox. I sent the request Wednesday/Thursday and except for the 'testing' email, the next email is from my college on the 19th. My Dragoncave folder has nothing in it except the auto updates for thread replies.

Thanks for your answer though!

Since tonight at midnight cave time will be EXACTLY 7 days to midnight cave time going INTO halloween day, then yes, at midnight cave time tonight we should have the Halloween event start.

Edited by Riverwillows

That would a 192 hour window for breeding. Breeding only lasts for 168 hours exactly, so it'll start on the 25th.

If we get a halloween release, will it also start on the 25th or will halloween eggs drop only on halloween day?

how has it been done in the past?

Hmmm....double checked, yah you are right. My bad!!

If we get a halloween release, will it also start on the 25th or will halloween eggs drop only on halloween day?

how has it been done in the past?

@Riverwillows- It's an easy enough mistake to make. Heck, earlier in this thread I labeled days 32nd and 33rd. Now that was pretty awful. xd.png

New Release Halloween eggs will drop only on Halloween itself, starting at midnight. smile.gif

Edited to clarify.

Edited by Tehya Faye

Still there is no need to jump on the newbie that subtracted 7 from 31 and obtained 24. If more experienced users were not sure, why would the newbie know? I'm quite tired of the attitude.

Different subject: where does it says that "Breeding only lasts for 168 hours exactly", I would really like to know.

Edited by NotBambi

168 hours would be 7 days. smile.gif If it were longer then we could breed our Halloween dragons twice per holiday.

168 hours would be 7 days. smile.gif If it were longer then we could breed our Halloween dragons twice per holiday.

I must be missing something. If you can breed from the 24th to the 30th, being the 31st when the new Halloween drops, that's still 168 hours. What I'm missing? QUITE MORE IMPORTANT, where is that information? I'm not talking about external sites, I'm asking about DC. Encyclopedia? Coz' I could not find it there.

Edit: unless there's something that, in the company I work for, is called "tribal knowledge".

Edited by NotBambi

Ah, there's the root of the matter. Halloween Breeding includes the 31st. ^^

Edited by Tehya Faye

Thats what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. I want to have my egg slots open, if we get a new release.

The breeding really doesn't affect me that much, though while there are many types I would like to have, I get .... particular about breeding lines and such.

For the math part being 168 hours, I think you are forgetting halloween day itself. Breeding can happen on the 31st till midnight, so 168 hours starting from the 31st/1st of November will put it at the 25th.

** Edit **

I got beat out on the math. =(

See the poster above.

Edited by Gruff

Interpretation. I meant midnight. My apologies for being a newbie and daring to post. Will avoid.

Nah - no disrespect - I just hate the way TJ starts the day at midnight - always have - mine ENDS at midnight and it always gets me into trouble !

Even if there IS more time, we could not breed the past Halloween dragons twice. There HAS been, once in a great while, an egg that hatched and grew up within the time limit, thanks to either EQ and/or Incubate, but TJ has it rigged to fix that. Halloweens will only breed Halloweens once a year.

Edited by Riverwillows

No. After the initial first drop of them way back, you can only create them now with existing Vamps.

Ah, there's the root of the matter. Halloween Breeding includes the 31st. ^^

Sorry for being boring but how is a newbie supposed to know about the 168 hours and about Halloween breeding including the 31st? Is that information in the Encyclopedia or is that tribal knowledge so veterans know and newbies do not?

No. After the initial first drop of them way back, you can only create them now with existing Vamps.

Aww too bad.

Would have liked to have a vampire without the bitten by message. Oh well.

Yeah, I have two from the first initial drop.

Sorry for being boring but how is a newbie supposed to know about the 168 hours and about Halloween breeding including the 31st? Is that information in the Encyclopedia or is that tribal knowledge so veterans know and newbies do not?

Hm, doesn't look like the wiki has the breeding window on its Halloween page. I don't deal with the wiki at all, but I think it might be nice if it listed the breeding window dates for newer users to easily look up.

Edited by Tehya Faye

Hm, doesn't look like the wiki has the breeding window on its Halloween page. I don't deal with the wiki at all, but I think it might be nice if it listed the breeding window dates for newer users to easily look up.

I think the problem is technically there is no 'official' date that the event starts, it just always happens to be on the 25th (at least in recent years). Same with Christmas and Valentine's. TJ has never stated that the event *will* start exactly 1 week prior to the celebration in question, it just always *does*; I assume it's a get out of jail free card in case he ever needs to change it.

That said, the wiki could (should?) list that the expected date for halloween is the 25th.

So we should add this one to all the advantages that veterans have over newbies. Nice to know. NOT.

Thank you so much for providing the info, I'm grateful.

So we should add this one to all the advantages that veterans have over newbies. Nice to know. NOT.

Thank you so much for providing the info, I'm grateful.

Hon, you make it sound like there is a conspiracy to keep newbies unimformed. There isn't. It's just the vagaries of having so many people in this game. The wiki tries to keep up, but all you have to do is ask any one. Most will be glad to help out if you need. Just ask!!!v cool.gif