Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Ohh okay ^^ Just 1 more thing, do they stay like the exact spot they were before? Like if I wanted them to show on top of the living original breeds I'd have to kill the ones that are already sorted on top? (for me, the eldest). Thanks so much smile.gif

I have a lineage question.

Do these still count as spirals? (Maybe reverse spirals?)

Because I didn't realize till I was this far that they might not count as a regular spiral. :/

Just wondering if I should continue them or not.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/6h7QI

http://dragcave.net/lineage/WDpTR

http://dragcave.net/lineage/V6R3u

Personally, I've been calling lineages like these "twisted stairsteps" biggrin.gif

Twisted stairstep. (I think I'm the only one that calls them that though...) But certainly worth continuing because they're fun!

Edited by xxBurningxx

Ohh okay ^^ Just 1 more thing, do they stay like the exact spot they were before? Like if I wanted them to show on top of the living original breeds I'd have to kill the ones that are already sorted on top? (for me, the eldest). Thanks so much smile.gif

You can always use custom sort to place whichever dragon you like at the top. That means no more auto-sorting though. Anyway, adult undead dragons seem to always sort at the top of their original breed, while frozen undead hatchlings sort at the end of their original breed list (not including growing things).

Does anybody know why Blue Lunar Heralds don't drop anymore in Alpine biome?

They did it in the final days of their first release and they are doing the same now, while in the other two biomes they are released regularly ohmy.gif

They did it in the final days of their first release and they are doing the same now, while in the other two biomes they are released regularly ohmy.gif

Probably because they were harder to get there in the first place, and people snatch them to complete their sets ?... (No idea really as I am not hunting just now xd.png)

There are more breeds in general in the Alpine section than there are in Desert or Volcano, so in the Mountains, there are most likely just more of the other breeds mixed in.

Compare number of pages per habitat here: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Habitats

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Well, if it's a ratio thing at least one should pop out in the Alpine from time to time, or not? I have a friend who is hunting them in the Alpine since three days for several hours each day and they haven't seen a single one yet. And I checked the CB blue Lunar eggs offered in all the trading threads and no one comes from Alpine.

Looks like they're totally absent from the Alpine biome.

The other kinds of Lunars didn't had this issue, and neither breeds released in a biome with the same number of autochthonous breeds as Alpine (I mean Jungle).

This kind of habit makes me more think about the release issue we had some months ago, when new breeds weren't released correctly in the cave and were unobtainable, while the ratio benefit was assigned to the breeds released the previous month (like Anagallis, who totally disappeared from the Cave after the release day).

I haven't even seen any Lunar Heralds in the Alpine since release days

I have been there code hunting regularly.

Edited by dragonpuck

They drop in Alpine. I've seen and caught them. But they're hardest to get in Alpine - all the Lunars are. I don't know why that is for sure - I've seen people guess that it's the sheer number of species that can drop in Alpine, or that Alpine is an especially popular biome. Could be a bit of both. Or perhaps they just drop more commonly in the other two regions than in Alpine, period - a pure ratio thing. Dunno what it is. But while they do happen it's definitely easier to score a Desert or Volcano.

Personally, I've been calling lineages like these "twisted stairsteps" biggrin.gif

Twisted stairstep. (I think I'm the only one that calls them that though...) But certainly worth continuing because they're fun!

Ahh, I like that. Twisted stairstep. smile.gif

Well, if it's a ratio thing at least one should pop out in the Alpine from time to time, or not?

That generally depends on how the ratios work, which none of us have insight to. Two options come to mind that would have quite different effects for multi-biome species:

1) the number of eggs per species that need to drop globally is calculated, the eggs are generated, and then these species are scattered over the biomes so the biomes have numbers that are roughly even.

2) the species that fit into each biome are each put into a bag, their ratios analysed only amongst each other (i.e. not globally), then the eggs are generated.

#1 seems a bit more like what we're observing: For example, the cave is generating a lot of pyralspites because they're a common species, but ends up sorting them mostly into the Volcano because the Alpine is needed to make space for Alpine-only species and the Coast is needed to make space for Coast-only species. Differently worded: If the generated pyralspites were evenly distributed over the three biomes they dropped in, there would be too many eggs in the Alpine and Coast, and too few in the Volcano after the other species are considered. The Alpine is completely packed with different species, so the site decides not to drop any pyralspites there, oblivious to that this makes a variant of them effectively extinct.

For the Lunar Heralds, it's a similar consideration, except there, thankfully, there are no biome-bound variants that could be made extinct (which is not to say there aren't other reasons to want one from the Alpine biome, of course (e.g. to breed rainbow coppers with) - just that it doesn't impact CB sprite variant collection).

That being said, what's actually happening is bound to be neither of the two approaches I mentioned. The above stuff is just to give you an idea how different approaches to "how the ratios work" could easily have drastically different effects.

Edited by pinkgothic

Well, if it's a ratio thing at least one should pop out in the Alpine from time to time, or not? I have a friend who is hunting them in the Alpine since three days for several hours each day and they haven't seen a single one yet. And I checked the CB blue Lunar eggs offered in all the trading threads and no one comes from Alpine.

Looks like they're totally absent from the Alpine biome.

The other kinds of Lunars didn't had this issue, and neither breeds released in a biome with the same number of autochthonous breeds as Alpine (I mean Jungle).

This kind of habit makes me more think about the release issue we had some months ago, when new breeds weren't released correctly in the cave and were unobtainable, while the ratio benefit was assigned to the breeds released the previous month (like Anagallis, who totally disappeared from the Cave after the release day).

I currently have a growing alpine blue lunar hatchling so they are falling there.

Is anyone else having problems with the mobile site? I'm currently having problems with the lineage page while using my kindle. The lineage boxes have disappeared and I can't scroll to the right. On the iPad I can scroll but the lineage boxes are still gone.

Pic of what I'm talking about:

user posted image

Is anyone else having problems with the mobile site? I'm currently having problems with the lineage page while using my kindle. The lineage boxes have disappeared and I can't scroll to the right. On the iPad I can scroll but the lineage boxes are still gone.

Pic of what I'm talking about:

user posted image

It's always been that way for me on the mobile site...? To "fix" it, since I use chrome, I can go to options and 'request desktop site'.

I think most people call them 2-breed stairs or alternating stairs. smile.gif

Edited by Lastalda

It's always been that way for me on the mobile site...? To "fix" it, since I use chrome, I can go to options and 'request desktop site'.

Thanks. It was fine last night when I went to bed, today not so much. Kindle uses Silk browser, not sure if there is a fix with that.

haven't been online for a holiday in almost two years, so refresh my memory. is it possible to breed holidays twice in one season? I have to breed my shadow walkers for IOUs, but I'd like to have a chance at breeding them again for trading

i had another question but i forgot hh

haven't been online for a holiday in almost two years, so refresh my memory. is it possible to breed holidays twice in one season? I have to breed my shadow walkers for IOUs, but I'd like to have a chance at breeding them again for trading

i had another question but i forgot hh

No.

Even if they do manage to hatch and grow up during the time limit, which has happened very occasionally, TJ has them fixed to only breed AFTER the time limit.

What is the current predicted date that previous Halloween dragons can start breeding? Don't wanna be egg locked when that comes around but I'm not sure if it's exactly a week before the 31st? And is the 31st the day the new dragons drop? And do they drop for 3 days or just that one single day? (I presume if they drop for 3 days, 31st will be the middle day?)

I haven't attended a Halloween event for a long time now :3

What is the current predicted date that previous Halloween dragons can start breeding? Don't wanna be egg locked when that comes around but I'm not sure if it's exactly a week before the 31st? And is the 31st the day the new dragons drop? And do they drop for 3 days or just that one single day? (I presume if they drop for 3 days, 31st will be the middle day?)

I haven't attended a Halloween event for a long time now :3

From the forum calendar:

Halloween 2014

Breeding started the 25th

1 day release

Halloween 2013

Breeding started the 25th

1 day release

I know that this is an overly weird question, but I do not know how to adopt a dragon from the wilderness, Even though I searched through the help page and scanned the dragon's page, I can't find any adoption/capture button.

I know that this is an overly weird question, but I do not know how to adopt a dragon from the wilderness, Even though I searched through the help page and scanned the dragon's page, I can't find any adoption/capture button.

You can't take dragons from the wilderness. They are dragons other people released that are kept alive there so they don't alter lineages by vanishing.

I've heard about a Leetle tree drop in the cave, but there's no information about when and if they actually happen. Is it just a myth or really a thing? I'd love to get a Leetle.