Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Last question -

How hard is it to get a gold from a nebula? I have a breeding request from someone and I'm wondering how finnicky they are. Already bred my male CB Gold several times; 1 fail and several no eggs.

It can be done biggrin.gif If you need a particular colour of nebula it can be VERY tedious though.

dragcave.net/lineage/MYVmP

(Not all are on my scroll as I only have 2 CBs to work with ! - and I have another few blocks to try and knit together.)

But it does take time. Don't breed TOO often - TJ did say somewhere that one has a better success rate NOT breeding every week xd.png

But it does take time. Don't breed TOO often - TJ did say somewhere that one has a better success rate NOT breeding every week xd.png

I know he mentioned it somewhere in his Ask-a-Mod thread when someone asked about his breeding schedule for Thuweds (I tried to go digging for it but then I got bored after a few pages in rolleyes.gif).

But I was never quite sure if he was being serious or not...? But I hope so haha! Because I'm currently letting an important Shimmer on a breeding rest and I really hope it spits out a shiny egg when I decided to breed it again!

Edited by xxBurningxx

They do not auto-freeze if fully revived.  The timer will "glitch" and show a really high amount of days for about 30 mins.  Then they will die again unless you either A. put them somewhere to get enough views to grow or B. freeze them yourself.

Even if they were killed long before they could run out of time?

Swapping the easier-to-replace mate helps with that. Otherwise, at some point your dragons won't be in the mood anymore for a while.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I know he mentioned it somewhere in his Ask-a-Mod thread when someone asked about his breeding schedule for Thuweds (I tried to go digging for it but then I got bored after a few pages in rolleyes.gif).

But I was never quite sure if he was being serious or not...? But I hope so haha! Because I'm currently letting an important Shimmer on a breeding rest and I really hope it spits out a shiny egg when I decided to breed it again!

I don't know where he said that, but I'm pretty sure he said that the chance to get an egg does increase when you give the pair a break - BUT the increase is rather small, so the overall probability of getting an egg is still higher if you breed them weekly anyway (because two chances).

But I swear it helps to get an egg from stubborn pairs xd.png

Your math is fine since that's what I did last year to max out my lurker collection, but it would be the 1st and 2nd, not 32nd and 33rd. laugh.gif

Pffft, that was a silly error. xd.png Yes, 1st and 2nd.

Even if they were killed long before they could run out of time?

If they are past when they would have run out time then yes. IE: if it has been 7 or more days since it hatched from the egg, it is still "out of time" when it revives and will glitch the same way if it comes back to life. smile.gif

Can you tell I've killed/starved a lot of hatchlings for zombie fodder over the years? >.>

Ah, thank you very much smile.gif That kinda saves me a kill slot! xd.png

(Nö nö, I would never be able to tell!)

Is there a way to custom sort dragons on mobile? I use my ipad a vast majority of the time, and I just discovered that I cannot drag and drop with the touch screen. I custom sort all of my dragons, and I never figured out how to do that legacy sort thing, so I'm a little at loss as to how I'm supposed to sort my scroll....

You can drag and drop with the Puffin browser, but it's dreadfully inconvenient if you have a lot of dragons. I personally use legacy custom sort or leave them unsorted till I get on the computer. If that's not an option, maybe roughly sort using legacy sort and do the fine tweaks with alternate custom sort is the best option.

Edited by Mirhana

I have a question about polls. Basically, how do they work? Is there some way they can be closed/ended? Is it something I have to ask a Mod to do? I could't find anything that really explained how to use them. Also, as far as I can see, there's no way to edit them if you make a mistake. Now, I might just be missing something or there might actually might be no way to do what I'm asking. Either way, I would like some kind of answer.

BTW: If this kind of question has already been answered then sorry. The search brought me to this topic so I assume polls were mentioned at some point. However, I don't have the time nor the energy to go through 67 pages of posts to find the one about polls.

I have a question about polls. Basically, how do they work? Is there some way they can be closed/ended? Is it something I have to ask a Mod to do? I could't find anything that really explained how to use them. Also, as far as I can see, there's no way to edit them if you make a mistake. Now, I might just be missing something or there might actually might be no way to do what I'm asking. Either way, I would like some kind of answer.

BTW: If this kind of question has already been answered then sorry. The search brought me to this topic so I assume polls were mentioned at some point. However, I don't have the time nor the energy to go through 67 pages of posts to find the one about polls.

Tangentially related, a searching tip: When you search, you have the option to choose how your results look (bottom right corner of the search page):

Result Type

( ) Show results as topics

( ) Show results as posts

Edited by pinkgothic

Is there a way to custom sort dragons on mobile? I use my ipad a vast majority of the time, and I just discovered that I cannot drag and drop with the touch screen. I custom sort all of my dragons, and I never figured out how to do that legacy sort thing, so I'm a little at loss as to how I'm supposed to sort my scroll....

I asked that a while ago as i thought there was something wrong with my tablet xd.png, and Sock said basically no, but she thought TJ was looking into it.

I think the best thing to do while on mobile is to just sort your scroll by one of the pre-set options.

I used to have a really specific sort order but I got too many dragons , so now my scroll is sorted by colour.

That's all very well, but if you HAVE an order that you have painstakingly set up on your lappie or PC, you don't want to lose it just because you are on a mobile device for 4 weeks on vacation or something.

If I want to contact somebody who offered on my trade, but their name doesn't match their forum name, how could I reach them?

If I want to contact somebody who offered on my trade, but their name doesn't match their forum name, how could I reach them?

You can use the search function to try and find if they posted their scroll name on the forum. Use the keyword area. Change the settings to searching all forums and change the results to show as posts.

I just tested it with my scroll name as mine does not match my forum name. Hope this helps!

Hatchling (m) 9,000 600 14

Why isn't this egg growing up it has 9,000 views,, 600 unique views and 14 clicks? What more does it want?!

Hatchling (m) 9,000 600 14

Why isn't this egg growing up it has 9,000 views,, 600 unique views and 14 clicks? What more does it want?!

Hatchlings will not grow up until they reach 4 days or below. Your hatchie still has a bit of time left.

Edited by Jazeki

You can use the search function to try and find if they posted their scroll name on the forum. Use the keyword area. Change the settings to searching all forums and change the results to show as posts.

I just tested it with my scroll name as mine does not match my forum name. Hope this helps!

*tackle hugs*

That is freaking brilliant, alas, I don't think the person has a forum name >.< But thank you so much!! Definitely will use that technique a lot

*tackle hugs*

That is freaking brilliant, alas, I don't think the person has a forum name >.< But thank you so much!! Definitely will use that technique a lot

wub.gif You're welcome! I hope you find the user!

Is there a way to move your dragons around individuality on your scroll?

Also what is the meaning of life. tongue.gif

Is there a way to move your dragons around individuality on your scroll?

Also what is the meaning of life. tongue.gif

Do you mean like custom sort?