Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

15 minutes ago, MiaLily said:

So I just adopted an egg from the AP and that is what the parents progeny page shows:

Multiclutch.thumb.png.5e047f56548427f4545fcb608f83f8e0.png

What? How? Who? When? Where? I thought multiclutches only happened with Holiday dragons? 😱

Celestials are the only dragon that gets to multiclutch and that is because of how its BSA (Corporealize) works, making it so the dragon can only breed once every twenty-eight (28) days.

<<<< Didn't there used to be a 'Joined On' date over there with the level, location, & number of posts? *scratches head* :unsure:

ETA: Thought so!  Thanks guys, I knew it looked different.

Edited by Sunrunner

2 minutes ago, Sunrunner said:

<<<< Didn't there used to be a 'Joined On' date over there with the level, location, & number of posts? *scratches head* :unsure:

Yes, this seems to be gone with Tuesday's forum update as well.

There did indeed, I assume it's one of the many things that were either changed or unintentionally lost in the recent forum update. (It's still there on people's profiles though).

Edited by Aalbiel

From what I see, Duskroyal seems to have misgendered, causing the Dusk lineage to alternate. Is that the problem?

Not quite. Each breeding has to produce a male of the breed of the mother. Like the first one I produced - and then mate with a CB mother of the next breed. Maybe the dusks have to be the LAST breed in the line, come to think, as they can never be CB ?

Or Dusky Kiss is the wrong gender. But I think you probably do need to end the lineage with the Dusks to make them work right. That is how I plan to do the one I am building.

1 hour ago, tiny_gremlin said:

When exactly is the birthday celebration?  

No one knows for certain when anything will happen except TJ (I always say that because he has been known to surprise us!) but based on past years it will be May 21st. I think that's DC's actual birthday as well.

2 hours ago, tiny_gremlin said:

When exactly is the birthday celebration?  

Should be the 21st.

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Not quite. Each breeding has to produce a male of the breed of the mother. Like the first one I produced - and then mate with a CB mother of the next breed. Maybe the dusks have to be the LAST breed in the line, come to think, as they can never be CB ?

So I checked out the arrow lineage (awesome job, btw.) and the offspring is always male. The issue with the dusks is that in order to continue them into the next generation, you have to have the offspring be the mother. So instead of following a pattern of going male + female = male consistently, it goes male + female = female and then back to the pattern you usually follow. I think you’d have to put them at the bottom for it to work properly

EDIT: Whoops, looks like you beat me to the conclusion several hours ago.

Edited by broadway_fiend

4 hours ago, broadway_fiend said:

So I checked out the arrow lineage (awesome job, btw.) and the offspring is always male. The issue with the dusks is that in order to continue them into the next generation, you have to have the offspring be the mother. So instead of following a pattern of going male + female = male consistently, it goes male + female = female and then back to the pattern you usually follow. I think you’d have to put them at the bottom for it to work properly

EDIT: Whoops, looks like you beat me to the conclusion several hours ago.

Yeah. Which is annoying in a way,. but I'll start a new plan then :)

Raffle question: in the past winners could choose the code of their prize dragon.  Is it still the case with the monthly raffle?

Edited by teresadurfin

A stupid impatient question because I'm impatient: Is there some rough estimate on when hatchies usually gender, if they are continuing to get views the whole time (ie not fogged)? Specifically, when might a hatchie with 6 days left and the following stats gender? 

• Overall views:3,620
  • Unique views:691
  • Clicks:1

9 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

A stupid impatient question because I'm impatient: Is there some rough estimate on when hatchies usually gender, if they are continuing to get views the whole time (ie not fogged)? Specifically, when might a hatchie with 6 days left and the following stats gender? 

• Overall views:3,620
  • Unique views:691
  • Clicks:1

Mine seem to gender somewhere around 4000 views, but they usually don't get there until they are 5d12h or less. Your results may vary.;)

With those stats I'd expect gendering around 5d18h for regular breeds. Slightly later gendering for some breeds, anywhere from 5d12h to 5d16h, and well, if it's a Zyu or a Prize you can wait a long while ^^

I keep having problems with images uploaded to imagebb. They all look broken to me. :0 I use Chrome, and turning off all extensions+hard refresh didn't work. Anyone know of any solutions?

Edited by SkyWolf25

Thank you @purplehaze and @Aalbiel! (It gendered somewhere around the 5days 13hours mark with 4.2k overall views, fyi.) 

@SkyWolf25 Have you poked around to see if imagebb is having issues? I've seen a couple broken images like that around the forum today, so it may be something on their end.

42 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

@SkyWolf25 Have you poked around to see if imagebb is having issues? I've seen a couple broken images like that around the forum today, so it may be something on their end.

Others (such as me) were and are able to see the images just fine, so I doubt that is what's causing the issue...

What I notice is that those images you can't see, @SkyWolf25, seem to be "IPS images", whereas IPS might mean Image Packaging System in this case? Unfortunately, I don't think I can help you much beyond leaving this bit of information, as this really isn't my area, sorry. :<

Edited by Mewtie

The same problem here... :unsure:

20180505_205226.thumb.png.182a4e89723034c87d6be011b1cc137a.png

Can anyone help me with this? It seems that I can see the pictures perfectly on my device, but when I try to make a post... :(

Edited by Lazurite

Am I the only one who is having trouble with the Filter By: scroll thing on DC? My scroll just doesn't filter. Not for breeding, BSA, and I can't get to groups via the bar

Just now, Auferstehung said:

Am I the only one who is having trouble with the Filter By: scroll thing on DC? My scroll just doesn't filter. Not for breeding, BSA, and I can't get to groups via the bar

I'm not having this problem at all. I just checked. I can filter by the default filters as well as my own custom groups without trouble. There's no lag in the loading time or anything. When you say you can't get to groups via the bar, what do you mean? Are your custom groups not showing up in the 'Filter By' drop down list?