Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

No, we are not supposed to post asking for their return. What you can do is put something in your signature (but not the exact code of the lost egg) or change the names of the parents to politely ask for the egg's return when found.

Late response because I fell asleep... heh. 

@HeatherMarie @Whirlaway @w5aw5

Thanks for the responses! I think I understand now. It is indeed a lot more complicated than I thought as well. I should be able to figure it out now at least. 😊

2 hours ago, changeling007 said:

Is there still a lost and found thread for auto-abandoned eggs?

People on the unofficial DC Discord are usually quite helpful with this, but indeed you can't ask on the forums.

8 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Could it be that the API is also returning adult dead dragons? This fansite scroll stats tool says I have 24 deceased dragons on my scroll.

My unfiltered /dragons/ page says "Viewing 1 to 500 of 8,164".

The banner says I have 8173 creatures total. That's a difference of 9 creatures which are not shown on my unfiltered /dragons/ page.

I have 15 zombies. I may have killed 9 adult dragons in the past that are *not* zombies.

15 zombies plus 9 adult dead dragons is 24 which would match the number I got from said website.

That seems like it may be the case? The API counting dead dragons I mean.... according to that link I have 132 dead dragons associated with my scroll, and adding that number to my current total does indeed equal the number shown in the banner.

Can I breed seasonal dragons and produce offspring that are different seasons than the parent(s)?

Just now, Hanna03 said:

Can I breed seasonal dragons and produce offspring that are different seasons than the parent(s)?

Yes, depending on the season. All Seasonals will produce Summer eggs in the summer, Autumn eggs in the fall, and so on. 

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Seasonal_Dragon

1 minute ago, Hanna03 said:

Yes. All Seasonals will produce the current season no matter what the adults are.

This feels like a really dumb question considering I'm a mod, but... I just realized that I haven't reported a post in a long time, and now I can't figure out where the report button ran off to. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Am I really that blind??

1 minute ago, hazeh said:

This feels like a really dumb question considering I'm a mod, but... I just realized that I haven't reported a post in a long time, and now I can't figure out where the report button ran off to. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Am I really that blind?? 

It seems to have disappeared with today's forum update. It used to be next to the multiquote button. May have been an unintended side effect?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

It seems to have disappeared with today's forum update. It used to be next to the multiquote button.

Ah! See, that's where I thought it was supposed to be. I was very concerned that I was truly not seeing something right in front of me. 

1 minute ago, hazeh said:

I don’t see it either. Odd...

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It seems to have disappeared with today's forum update. It used to be next to the multiquote button. May have been an unintended side effect?

Maybe this should get its own thread since it seems to be something that might need TJ's attention. Certainly the ability to report threads is important as the mods can't be everywhere.

2 hours ago, hazeh said:

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

The report button's not the only thing - anyone else notice there's 0 Anonymous members listed at the bottom of the forum's Home page?  Even though I clicked the Anon checkbox, & my profile still says I haven't logged on out of Anon mode since April 20 - methinks there's something a little screwy in St. Louis here.  No little star next to my name to signal the Anon sign in, either.

6 hours ago, Sunrunner said:

The report button's not the only thing - anyone else notice there's 0 Anonymous members listed at the bottom of the forum's Home page?  Even though I clicked the Anon checkbox, & my profile still says I haven't logged on out of Anon mode since April 20 - methinks there's something a little screwy in St. Louis here.  No little star next to my name to signal the Anon sign in, either.

You're probably still invisible. I'm obviously currently logged in since I'm able to post, but when I open the forum in a private browser window (gives me the view from "outside"), my name is not listed at the bottom. So the important stuff in *that* regard still works.

Report button is fixed in its own thread.

Celestial dragons can multi-clutch, it's one of their unique breed traits. :)

15 minutes ago, MiaLily said:

So I just adopted an egg from the AP and that is what the parents progeny page shows:

Multiclutch.thumb.png.5e047f56548427f4545fcb608f83f8e0.png

What? How? Who? When? Where? I thought multiclutches only happened with Holiday dragons? 😱

Celestials are the only dragon that gets to multiclutch and that is because of how its BSA (Corporealize) works, making it so the dragon can only breed once every twenty-eight (28) days.

<<<< Didn't there used to be a 'Joined On' date over there with the level, location, & number of posts? *scratches head* :unsure:

ETA: Thought so!  Thanks guys, I knew it looked different.

Edited by Sunrunner

2 minutes ago, Sunrunner said:

<<<< Didn't there used to be a 'Joined On' date over there with the level, location, & number of posts? *scratches head* :unsure:

Yes, this seems to be gone with Tuesday's forum update as well.

There did indeed, I assume it's one of the many things that were either changed or unintentionally lost in the recent forum update. (It's still there on people's profiles though).

Edited by Aalbiel