Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 hours ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Has anything changed about the lineage view, or is it my PC? The images somehow appear clearer, the contours more marked.

Lineage tiles will now take advantage of high-DPI/"retina" screens that many newer devices have. The positioning within the tile should still be identical, of course.

8 minutes ago, lovecats99 said:

I don't know if anyone's noticed this recently but my Leetle tree seems to be fogged whilst in the /lineage/ view.

image.png.bffcacde4173135233ffba39a65ae300.png

I mean, you can't fog your tree and Squeeze seems to be perfectly visible in /view/ so what's up with this?

This will be fixed in a leettle bit.

4 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Lineage tiles will now take advantage of high-DPI/"retina" screens that many newer devices have. The positioning within the tile should still be identical, of course.

Thank you for your answer! I quite like the new look.

Member titles (or so I believe they're called) are unlocked at 2,000 posts, right?

16 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Member titles (or so I believe they're called) are unlocked at 2,000 posts, right?

Yes. Level 10.

Oh, lol. Thanks for the clarification, though it is funny that it is at 2001 posts, pfft.

Is anyone else getting really long load times sometimes the past few hours? I just refreshed my scroll-page and it literally took almost a full minute to load. About 15 minutes ago I was in the biomes and clicked on a different biome and it seemed like it wasn't even responding to my click. I've had extra-long load times, on and off, all day today.... And I just checked my internet speed and loading a few other websites and all of that is just fine.

18 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Is anyone else getting really long load times sometimes the past few hours? I just refreshed my scroll-page and it literally took almost a full minute to load. About 15 minutes ago I was in the biomes and clicked on a different biome and it seemed like it wasn't even responding to my click. I've had extra-long load times, on and off, all day today.... And I just checked my internet speed and loading a few other websites and all of that is just fine.

DC has loaded okay for me, at least on my computer, but when I use mobile it sometimes is slower but, to answer your question, no not really at this moment...

5 minutes ago, Cinspawn said:

When is DC's birthday? :)

May 21st.

I am a bit confused on Copper dragons. I've been trying to breed a Green Copper with a Whiptail in order to get another Green Copper. Weeks pass and still nothing yet, so I look at the wiki and it says something about biomes being involved with the breeding? My Whiptail is from the forest, and my green Copper is from the coast. Does this mean I cannot get a Copper from them, let alone a green one?

What should I do in order to breed a green Copper with this pairing, if it's possible?

39 minutes ago, Valtrois said:

I am a bit confused on Copper dragons. I've been trying to breed a Green Copper with a Whiptail in order to get another Green Copper. Weeks pass and still nothing yet, so I look at the wiki and it says something about biomes being involved with the breeding? My Whiptail is from the forest, and my green Copper is from the coast. Does this mean I cannot get a Copper from them, let alone a green one?

What should I do in order to breed a green Copper with this pairing, if it's possible?

You can get a Copper from the pair, it just won't be a green Copper. If you wanted a green Copper, you would need to breed your CB green Copper with a breed of dragon found in the coast biome in order for the green Copper to breed true.

What @w5aw5 said applies to male Coppers breeding with female Cavebreds. If your green Copper is female, however, it should be possible to to get a green Copper from them. 

Female Coppers will produce their color, male Coppers produce the color that is related to their mates biome.

Edited by Whirlaway

Did the egg-timer countdown change recently, or long ago and I just never noticed it? It used to be that it only counted down by hours, and 0 days 1 hour could mean anything from 60 minutes left to 1 minute left.... But I just saw an egg flash by in the AP that said 24 minutes left! 

11 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Did the egg-timer countdown change recently, or long ago and I just never noticed it? It used to be that it only counted down by hours, and 0 days 1 hour could mean anything from 60 minutes left to 1 minute left.... But I just saw an egg flash by in the AP that said 24 minutes left! 

I think it might only say that on AP eggs. I know it does not say exact minutes on eggs on your scroll. But really? No idea, lol.

I recall seeing AP eggs with times shown in minutes that showed up right after the last few holiday walls cleared.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

I think only if the time is really low...really really low.

Can someone confirm that the counter on their sig-stats thing from TJ's dcrecords site is off? Mine is showing over 100 more then I have.... I currently have 6,081 grown dragons and 15 growing dragons, according to the stats-area on my scroll, but my sig-thing is saying 6,229?! Is it off for anyone else?

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Can someone confirm that the counter on their sig-stats thing from TJ's dcrecords site is off? Mine is showing over 100 more then I have.... I currently have 6,081 grown dragons and 15 growing dragons, according to the stats-area on my scroll, but my sig-thing is saying 6,229?! Is it off for anyone else?

The number shown for "grown dragons" does not include zombies, while data from the API (that the banners use) does. When I take that into account, the number is accurate for me personally. Do you have a large number of zombies?

3 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

The number shown for "grown dragons" does not include zombies, while data from the API (that the banners use) does. When I take that into account, the number is accurate for me personally. Do you have a large number of zombies?

Nope, I only have 19 zombies. Possibly 20 or 21, if I haven't counted my most recent ones in my spreadsheet.... But most definitely nowhere near the 100+ the banner shows.

2 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Could it be that the API is also returning adult dead dragons? This fansite scroll stats tool says I have 24 deceased dragons on my scroll.

My unfiltered /dragons/ page says "Viewing 1 to 500 of 8,164".

The banner says I have 8173 creatures total. That's a difference of 9 creatures which are not shown on my unfiltered /dragons/ page.

I have 15 zombies. I may have killed 9 adult dragons in the past that are *not* zombies.

15 zombies plus 9 adult dead dragons is 24 which would match the number I got from said website.