Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

10 hours ago, Lazurite said:

The same problem here... :unsure:

20180505_205226.thumb.png.182a4e89723034c87d6be011b1cc137a.png

Can anyone help me with this? It seems that I can see the pictures perfectly on my device, but when I try to make a post... :(

@11th Thanks for your heads up, I've edited my post. 

As to my image URLs... I copied them from the The Image Codes of All Egg and Hatchling Sprites thread in the trading subforum, which have worked before, but somehow couldn't work well for me recently... :wacko:

@Lazurite : Those seem to be working fine for me (though the S1 Thalassa is broken due to what looks to be a coding error), so I'm not sure why they're breaking. :/ I looked through your recent posts, and it seems like it started happening after the forum upgrade, so maybe that broke something for mobile?

Just to test something, could you copying and try adding this to a post? (Either a new one or your previous one.)

[img=http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/c/c8/Kingcrowne_hatchi.gif]

There is another way you can try to add images as well. Tap and hold on on an image you want to use. A box should pop up. Either copy the image or the image URL ("location" on some browsers), and paste it into your post. The pasted URL should turn into the sprite.

6 hours ago, 11th said:

-Sky: Are you sure your browser settings or extensions aren't blocking them? Have you tried going to the imgbb.com site to see what happens?

Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer all doesn't work, turning off extensions doesn't work, and I don't have any image or ad blocking programs turned on. I can access the imagebb homesite just fine, but when I click 'open image in new tab' for the broken images, it shows me this:

31445131_1374792199333627_5739608242235647107_n.jpg.8f822e82206eff667502e3002491f5db.jpg

._.

15 hours ago, Auferstehung said:

Am I the only one who is having trouble with the Filter By: scroll thing on DC? My scroll just doesn't filter. Not for breeding, BSA, and I can't get to groups via the bar

I am having this problem too! I have JavaScript enabled, have restarted my browser, etc.

1 minute ago, oilbird said:

I am having this problem too! I have JavaScript enabled, have restarted my browser, etc.

Same problem here, and it's really annoying. There was a time when I knew all of my dragons' names and could find them all easily but I've gotten too used to using the filter by breed option. Altering the URL forces some of the filter options but even that won't work for filter by breed. 😕

21 minutes ago, HawktalonOfRiverClan said:

Same problem here, and it's really annoying. There was a time when I knew all of my dragons' names and could find them all easily but I've gotten too used to using the filter by breed option. Altering the URL forces some of the filter options but even that won't work for filter by breed. 😕

• Unique Breeds208
Filter By: Show All   ... stuck on here.

rats .. now me too 

it was working fine until 30+ minutes ago ..

the problem has been resolved  ... thank you..
Edited by orphaned

My filters didn't work either and clearing cache didn't help.

I was about to respond when suddenly the problem fixed itself without me doing anything.

21 minutes ago, Chococat0815 said:

My filters didn't work either and clearing cache didn't help.

I was about to respond when suddenly the problem fixed itself without me doing anything.

Just started working for me too!

[img=http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/c/c8/Kingcrowne_hatchi.gif]

So it turns like this... *sigh*

I figured it's because of the recent forum update before my previous post, just want to ask if there's any solutions, haha.

@11th Thanks for your help anyway!

@Lazurite - No - you haven't posted the link right. These days you CANNOT use bbcode (very very annoying but them's the breaks); you have to go for "insert other media".

Do that, and select "insert image from url", and enter the image code and:

Kingcrowne_hatchi.gif

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I want bbcode back. But we can't have it :(

@Fuzzbucket

BBCode works fine, though... I still sometimes use notepad (to make sure that what I copy is plain text) and type BBCode here for bigger trade posts and such. You can use it to create a new post, but you just can't edit the code anymore.

As for why copy/paste broke for Lazurite after the update, I have no clue. D: Checking the test one she copied from me, that one also has random character strings added to it, which is why it didn't post as an image. This might be a problem for someone more tech savvy to look at, possibly TJ.

if i obtain a GoN egg and it died, can i still get 3, or does that take my limit to 2?

10 minutes ago, 11th said:

@Fuzzbucket

BBCode works fine, though... I still sometimes use notepad (to make sure that what I copy is plain text) and type BBCode here for bigger trade posts and such. You can use it to create a new post, but you just can't edit the code anymore.

As for why copy/paste broke for Lazurite after the update, I have no clue. 😧 Checking the test one she copied from me, that one also has random character strings added to it, which is why it didn't post as an image. This might be a problem for someone more tech savvy to look at, possibly TJ.

Really ? I tried loading that one with bbcode and - nothing worked.

9 minutes ago, -dekka said:

if i obtain a GoN egg and it died, can i still get 3, or does that take my limit to 2?

As far as I know,  you are OK if it dies, but not if you kill it

9 minutes ago, -dekka said:

Dead eggs and hatchlings have their codes recycled after two weeks, so they do not count towards the limit, regardless of how they died.

TJ also said a while ago that he was going to do an update so that dead adult GoNs don't take up slots anymore, but I'm not sure if that has been implemented yet or not.

I think killed ones still stop you getting a new one....

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I think killed ones still stop you getting a new one....

Found it:

On 2/13/2018 at 1:52 AM, TJ09 said:

This was indeed the cause, but has since been fixed. Dead dragons that are beyond the "tombstone is hidden" threshold should no longer count towards breed limits for Holidays. Summon will probably be fixed sometime soon as well.

Undeads, on the other hand, do count as the original breed and do still take up slots.

I still see nothing to say that killed ones don't stop you getting another - it sure as bleep isn't a chance I'd take.

1 hour ago, -dekka said:

Dead GoNs stop counting towards your limit after the "standard" two weeks (i.e. the time window after which tombstones disappear). This is unaffected by the dragon's age (egg vs adult) or zombie status.

- even if you kill them?

6 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

- even if you kill them?

It is purely time-based with no other constraints.

Thank you ! At one time I swear killed ones made another summon a no-no. Good to be SURE :)

Good to know that (not that I would kill any of my Guardians. t takes too long to get them to do that).