Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

23 minutes ago, Yunako said:

I can't go to my scroll. It keeps saying Error Has Occurred. I can collect eggs from the biomes and abandoned page, but I just can't go to my scroll.

Try a hard refresh.  One of the pages I was viewing when the site went down did the same thing to me.

54 minutes ago, LadyLyzar said:

Try a hard refresh.  One of the pages I was viewing when the site went down did the same thing to me.

Thank you! That worked.

It seems like on Chrome the Forest and Coast are still down? Everything else is fine but the two biomes which easily work on Firefox.

E: Nevermind. A good refresh fixed the problem

Edited by Dalek Raptor

I'm not sure if this is related to the earlier downtime, but it seems multiple hatcheries are having trouble loading egg/hatchie images. I'm not sure posting in the individual fansite's threads would fix it since it's happening on multiple sites so probably isn't on their end? Most dragons seem to load okay on these hatcheries but there are a good handful that just show a blank space or a broken-image icon where the sprite should be. I've found this on Silvi's, Valley Sherwood, and The Hatching Club so far.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm not sure if this is related to the earlier downtime, but it seems multiple hatcheries are having trouble loading egg/hatchie images. I'm not sure posting in the individual fansite's threads would fix it since it's happening on multiple sites so probably isn't on their end? Most dragons seem to load okay on these hatcheries but there are a good handful that just show a blank space or a broken-image icon where the sprite should be. I've found this on Silvi's, Valley Sherwood, and The Hatching Club so far.

I just checked Valley Sherwood and AoND and everything looks normal now.

9 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I just checked Valley Sherwood and AoND and everything looks normal now.

Really? I just opened Valley Sherwood and this is what I'm seeing, the multiple broken-image icons:

23403f406c581091703f84c5b6ff9ded.png

Should I post a help topic about it, or tag a mod or something? I'm still seeing it on Silvi's as well.

Is that a screen shot? Because all the images are showing for me in your post, too. :huh:  And I just checked Silvi's, too, and everything looks normal there for me.

Did you try clearing your cache and all those good things?

I'm seeing five broken images in that screenshot - 2 each in the first and third row, and 1 in the fourth row.

That said, I went to the site and the images were fine for me as well. Is it okay for you now too?

Huh. I *did* clear my cache before posting here, but I did it again just now and completely shut down my browser, and now it seems to be fine. That's really weird, I wonder why that was happening on multiple sites with multiple images? Huh. 

If your browser had cached X image as "broken" anywhere displaying that image is going to show the cute little "broken image" symbol. The other option is to check the source on all images, every time, before displaying them, and that gets painfully slow so incredibly fast. It's not really the site loading the image, but your browser, and your browser thinks that, say, the image for balloon eggs, is a broken image -- so every balloon egg being loaded from the DC server, and thus having the same source, is going to be broken.

28 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

I'm seeing five broken images in that screenshot - 2 each in the first and third row, and 1 in the fourth row.

That said, I went to the site and the images were fine for me as well. Is it okay for you now too?

Odd, because when I first looked at HeatherMarie's screenshot I took a quick glance and thought I saw broken images. Then, after I went to check out Silvi's and came back to post, I looked again and there were no broken images. But I would expect that if she took a screen shot from a browser page that was showing broken images, then they would show as broken in her screenshot no matter who was looking at it. :blink:

I'm hoping this is the right place to ask ...

The Kingcrowne Dragon .... it still looks to me as if it has a third eye, just to the left of its right eye.

Is that what was intended ??

It would be in keeping with its elemental affinities 

[ The third eye refers to the gate that leads to inner realms and spaces of higher consciousness. In New Age spirituality, the third eye often symbolizes a state of enlightenment or the evocation of mental images having deeply personal spiritual or psychological significance.]

@orphaned I zoomed in and I don't see anything that looks like a third eye? I see shading on it's forehead. But I don't see anything that could be a third eye. And the description nor the wikia page says anything about having a third eye.

5 minutes ago, Fabula said:

@orphaned I zoomed in and I don't see anything that looks like a third eye? I see shading on it's forehead. But I don't see anything that could be a third eye. And the description nor the wikia page says anything about having a third eye.

hope this shows  ... have seen this as a third eye since it first arrived  ... and this part of the description makes me  hmmmmm   :P

Though it is obvious that these dragons possess magical abilities, it is still not entirely clear what they are fully capable of. .

image.png.f000ea569b7c4785d6497da70e704ce0.png

8 minutes ago, orphaned said:

hope this shows  ... have seen this as a third eye since it first arrived  ... and this part of the description makes me  hmmmmm   :P

Though it is obvious that these dragons possess magical abilities, it is still not entirely clear what they are fully capable of. .

image.png.f000ea569b7c4785d6497da70e704ce0.png

Sorry, that doesn't make me think they have a third eye.

I zoomed in as much as the page would let me. I still don't see anywhere on it's whole body that looks like a third eye. But maybe this will help if you can see it zoomed as well.
kingcrowne.thumb.PNG.f404bcaee4757f63a57a6d8c2a4344a1.PNG

Edited by Fabula

:mellow: hmmm

guess we shall have to agree to disagree ... although in the super sized one it is not visible to me

is my trompe l'oeil  ...:wacko:

image.png.3e1bad57cfc013323d3f8283bbb02047.png

but then I saw this differently too !!  the top right wing looks like its head ...

and I thought the head was its foot ... couldn't figure out the flames coming out  :unsure:  ooops  ..lol

Edited by orphaned

from DC wiki about Striped: "The different colored variants of this dragon can be obtained by breeding a Striped dragon with other particular dragons that have strong colorations themselves"

E.g. Striped x royal blue = blue striped.  Can they produce white striped?

Not if it says they produce blue. (Or more accurately not if they DO produce blue...)

There's a thread:

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Not with Royal Blues. There are a bunch of other breeds from which you can get white Stripeds - the wiki page about them can tell you more about how to get each colour.

Currently, only Bright-Breasted Wyverns, Swallowtails, Wrapping Wings, Floral-Crowneds, Nocturne and Winter Magi seem to be able to produce more than one colour with the same individual. For Nocturnes, it depends on their current form (day or night), for the others, it seems to be random.

Fun with colours: https://dragcave.net/lineage/fm26z and https://dragcave.net/lineage/MFO1L

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Not if it says they produce blue. (Or more accurately not if they DO produce blue...)

There's a thread:

Thanks for the link and to all those who helped breeding to figure out the colours!

Just curious: how come TJ's black x striped paring used to produce white striped?

2 hours ago, teresadurfin said:

Thanks for the link and to all those who helped breeding to figure out the colours!

Just curious: how come TJ's black x striped paring used to produce white striped?

Because he's God. XD

Back in the day, there were no black stripe dragons, so white would have been the only option.

Also, whenever a new breed comes out and doesn't have a stripe color assigned to it, it will breed white stripes at first. (Unless, of course, TJ has gotten a handle on things and does assign stripe colors before releasing the new breeds.) Like this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/6U2r 

But yes, black stripes were released way after the other colors, and everything that breeds black stripes now used to breed white ones.

Not sure if this needs it's own thread or not.  When using the fertility filter if you try to find your new Floral-Crowned valentine dragons they don't show up if you use breed name.  Floral gets no matches and crowned yields yellow-crowned.